Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,649 members, 7,889,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) (1577 Views)

Female Referee Gives Kaka Yellow Card Before Selfie With Him (Photos) / Nigeria Vs France: How Super Falcons Could Still Qualify Despite 1-0 Defeat / 2018 World Cup: How Super Eagles Can Lift Trophy In Russia – Amokachi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) by Dubem6(m): 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2020
Football business is an industry worth billions of dollars and it is the dream of every young Nigerian footballer to take his trade abroad to develop his game and also earn a good living.

It is not therefore surprising for football agents/scouts to spot a talent and decides to nurture him by investing financially in the player with the hope that he will someday sign for an European club and be successful.

Sadly, the football terrain is filled with so many characters, some disguising as football agents or managers. Sometimes, players tend to dump the agents who discovered them by signing a new football management deal with a more connected football agent.

Every professional wants to step up and move forward, so if such opportunity comes up, there is nothing wrong to go for it, but sadly, most of the players end up dumping the agent that was once very vital to their development when they were unknown.

At a time when they were playing football on the streets and praying for help to come their way, the football agents that came to their lives to rescue them and put them on the path of success are most times schemed out of reckoning when financial fortunes smiles on them signing mouth watering contracts with European clubs.

This appears to be the scenario that played out between Super Eagles attacker, David Okereke and Henry Ajamah, a FIFA Licenced football agent as narrated by Abdulrahman Folawiyo exclusively to Francis Achi.

Folawiyo, former Nigerian player with Concord FC and Bendel Insurance FC of Benin informed that he is in the knowledge of what transpired between Okereke and Ajamah from the time the football agent had the first encounter with the player in 2013.

"I knew when David Okereke was discovered in late 2013. I got a call from my friend, Henry Ajamah,a FIFA Licensed football agent, that he had a player he wanted to send to me for accessing. It was on a Saturday evening and I told him to come to Greenland field, Akesan estate in Iyana Ipaja, Lagos state, where we play football popularly known as "set" by 4:30pm which was on a Sunday," Folawiyo began.

"Mr Henry Ajamah came with him (David Okereke) and after our normal prayer, we started to select players, he was not picked due to the fact that he was new and nobody knew him, whether he is a good or bad player. The first set was usually hot so I had to sacrifice my self for him to play in my place and watched him play outside the field with my friend, Ajamah.

"In the first control of the ball, giving a pass and receiving of the ball back with quick turn. I watched him and noticed his consistency at the end of the match he had scored two beautiful goals for his side and had won the first set. He was a delight to watch. I told him to come out for me to regain my position in the second set.

"After the game I and my friend (Ajamah) had a meeting about the boy's game (David Okereke) to give him my candid report. Immediately I told Mr Ajamah that he got himself an asset and should never let it slip from his hands, that he should engage him immediately to a signed agreement in a document.

"Ajamah did the signing of the agreement after meeting both the father and uncle of David Okereke. The father particularly was excited and said he only heard of his son playing football and that if he (Mr Henry Ajamah) felt it was the right choice to invest his money, then he should go ahead and the family gave their consent and support.

"Okereke was taken to Kwara Football Academy, then coached by Akin Akinsehinde, former super eagles player. During that time Ajamah placed Okereke on a weekly allowance of N5,000.00 with football kits and accommodation. We later took him to Under 17 coach Emmanuel Amuneke in 2014, but he was dropped after three days.

"David was discouraged and told Mr. Ajamah that he does not want to play football again, but he encouraged him and decided to take him to football college in Abuja. Even when he was given a form to fill at the Football College, he refused to sign it, reason being that it was only Mr Henry (his agent) that was to instruct him to sign any form.

"He eventually did and later traveled with the football college for exhibition tournaments in Italy and Croatia, after which he traveled back to Italy. But it was great surprised to me after Mr Ajamah called me to say David signed a contract without his consent.

"According to Ajamah he lied that he called him and his line was not going and later his family came to apologize. A player who he picked from the street and nurtured him, even paying for the processing of his International Passport and all he got paid back with was a betrayal. I was really surprised.

Schemed out...Henry Ajamah,FIFA Licenced Intermediary

"I remembered his father calling Ajamah saying he never knew their was money in his house until Ajamah came into their lives. Yet even after appointing an Italian agent, Mr Patrick Basterneli to represent him, but still he ended up betraying him the second time. I remember in January 3rd, 2019 Ajamah called out for a meeting, which the player, his family and two elder men were present.

"The player and his family apologized for all that had happened and he promised to make amendment when the transfer window will open and decided he will pay Ajamah all his money as agreed. But unfortunately that did not happen and the matter has being taken to court.

"My surprise is how Okereke can survive this case with a man who packaged him in every way possible with the documents he was using. My advice to David Okereke is that he should do the needful before it gets out off hand and become very dirty, which may damage his career

Okereke signed for Club Brugge of Belgium in a deal worth €8m euros last year from Specia of Italy and he has the potentials to be a great player in the future having made his debut for the Super Eagles against Egypt in an international friendly game played last year at the Stephen Keshi stadium, Asaba, Delta state.

http:///news/detail/ddebf1e891e1e26883b39a2f7365e30a?product=

Download Now
https:///share

Re: How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) by majamajic(m): 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
Hmmm
Re: How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) by espn(m): 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
So he *Dumbed* him eeyaaaa...people are not loyal ooo...
Re: How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) by espn(m): 9:54pm On Feb 01, 2020
Dubem6:

Football business is an industry worth billions of dollars and it is the dream of every young Nigerian footballer to take his trade abroad to develop his game and also earn a good living.

It is not therefore surprising for football agents/scouts to spot a talent and decides to nurture him by investing financially in the player with the hope that he will someday sign for an European club and be successful.

Sadly, the football terrain is filled with so many characters, some disguising as football agents or managers. Sometimes, players tend to dump the agents who discovered them by signing a new football management deal with a more connected football agent.

Every professional wants to step up and move forward, so if such opportunity comes up, there is nothing wrong to go for it, but sadly, most of the players end up dumping the agent that was once very vital to their development when they were unknown.

At a time when they were playing football on the streets and praying for help to come their way, the football agents that came to their lives to rescue them and put them on the path of success are most times schemed out of reckoning when financial fortunes smiles on them signing mouth watering contracts with European clubs.

This appears to be the scenario that played out between Super Eagles attacker, David Okereke and Henry Ajamah, a FIFA Licenced football agent as narrated by Abdulrahman Folawiyo exclusively to Francis Achi.

Folawiyo, former Nigerian player with Concord FC and Bendel Insurance FC of Benin informed that he is in the knowledge of what transpired between Okereke and Ajamah from the time the football agent had the first encounter with the player in 2013.

"I knew when David Okereke was discovered in late 2013. I got a call from my friend, Henry Ajamah,a FIFA Licensed football agent, that he had a player he wanted to send to me for accessing. It was on a Saturday evening and I told him to come to Greenland field, Akesan estate in Iyana Ipaja, Lagos state, where we play football popularly known as "set" by 4:30pm which was on a Sunday," Folawiyo began.

"Mr Henry Ajamah came with him (David Okereke) and after our normal prayer, we started to select players, he was not picked due to the fact that he was new and nobody knew him, whether he is a good or bad player. The first set was usually hot so I had to sacrifice my self for him to play in my place and watched him play outside the field with my friend, Ajamah.

"In the first control of the ball, giving a pass and receiving of the ball back with quick turn. I watched him and noticed his consistency at the end of the match he had scored two beautiful goals for his side and had won the first set. He was a delight to watch. I told him to come out for me to regain my position in the second set.

"After the game I and my friend (Ajamah) had a meeting about the boy's game (David Okereke) to give him my candid report. Immediately I told Mr Ajamah that he got himself an asset and should never let it slip from his hands, that he should engage him immediately to a signed agreement in a document.

"Ajamah did the signing of the agreement after meeting both the father and uncle of David Okereke. The father particularly was excited and said he only heard of his son playing football and that if he (Mr Henry Ajamah) felt it was the right choice to invest his money, then he should go ahead and the family gave their consent and support.

"Okereke was taken to Kwara Football Academy, then coached by Akin Akinsehinde, former super eagles player. During that time Ajamah placed Okereke on a weekly allowance of N5,000.00 with football kits and accommodation. We later took him to Under 17 coach Emmanuel Amuneke in 2014, but he was dropped after three days.

"David was discouraged and told Mr. Ajamah that he does not want to play football again, but he encouraged him and decided to take him to football college in Abuja. Even when he was given a form to fill at the Football College, he refused to sign it, reason being that it was only Mr Henry (his agent) that was to instruct him to sign any form.

"He eventually did and later traveled with the football college for exhibition tournaments in Italy and Croatia, after which he traveled back to Italy. But it was great surprised to me after Mr Ajamah called me to say David signed a contract without his consent.

"According to Ajamah he lied that he called him and his line was not going and later his family came to apologize. A player who he picked from the street and nurtured him, even paying for the processing of his International Passport and all he got paid back with was a betrayal. I was really surprised.

Schemed out...Henry Ajamah,FIFA Licenced Intermediary

"I remembered his father calling Ajamah saying he never knew their was money in his house until Ajamah came into their lives. Yet even after appointing an Italian agent, Mr Patrick Basterneli to represent him, but still he ended up betraying him the second time. I remember in January 3rd, 2019 Ajamah called out for a meeting, which the player, his family and two elder men were present.

"The player and his family apologized for all that had happened and he promised to make amendment when the transfer window will open and decided he will pay Ajamah all his money as agreed. But unfortunately that did not happen and the matter has being taken to court.

"My surprise is how Okereke can survive this case with a man who packaged him in every way possible with the documents he was using. My advice to David Okereke is that he should do the needful before it gets out off hand and become very dirty, which may damage his career

Okereke signed for Club Brugge of Belgium in a deal worth €8m euros last year from Specia of Italy and he has the potentials to be a great player in the future having made his debut for the Super Eagles against Egypt in an international friendly game played last year at the Stephen Keshi stadium, Asaba, Delta state.

http:///news/detail/ddebf1e891e1e26883b39a2f7365e30a?product=

Download NowSo he [b]*Dumbed* [/b]him eeyaaaa...people are not loyal ooo...
https:///share
Re: How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) by bayumyguy: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2020
I pity David Okereke ,the proffessional footballer in the eye of this storm,if he is not careful and settle his benefactor Mr. Henry, his career. will end prematurely and he should thank God if he did not go to jail for other things that will come up should the matter go before a court of law: David Okereke,a word is enough for the wise
Re: How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lots of things usually happen in Player/agent relationship.. Dont be quick to judge ooo
Re: How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) by bayumyguy: 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lots of things usually happen in Player/agent relationship.. Dont be quick to judge ooo....
Court will sort everthing
Re: How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) by cassidy1996(m): 7:29am On Feb 02, 2020
greedy and foolish
Re: How Super Eagles Striker Dumbed Agent That Discovered Him (PHOTOS) by giftedben: 2:01am On Feb 04, 2020
Sometimes people easily forget how they started. Okereke should man up and settle the agent.

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Liverpool Vs Chelsea 5-3 All Goals & Highlights / Messi: Barcelona Fans Storms Camp Nou / Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is Greater Than Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.