Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,028 members, 7,946,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! (5923 Views)

What Happened To Tinapa? / Why Is The Federal Govt Killing Tinapa? / Donald Duke: A Fraud Or Visionary? (Tinapa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by chyz(m): 2:04am On Dec 13, 2010
alj harem:

i mean cross river

must there be igbos in bayelsa before u can call it your seaport

how do u think, must ethnicity play part in seaport also

i know there are no igbos in balysa and cross river but does that mean seaport built in those areas will not serve it's purpose

so just because it not in a core igbo state, it means ethnicity is in it

chyz grow up angry

Sorry dude, check get the facts right. check the ethnicity of each state and history there are igbos from cross river as well grin. And your questions don't matter.whether bayelsa, rivers, or akwa ibom its fine with me. grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Abagworo(m): 2:05am On Dec 13, 2010
I don't think Igbos should be talking about an Igbo seaport because the seaport at Lagos is not Yoruba seaport and PH is not Okrika seaport.The problem with Bayelsa is that FG cannot fund the amount of money required for a seaport at Brass and the accompanying infrastructure.Lagos was successfully built because it had that edge of being a federal capital and secondly the terrain is not as difficult as Bayelsa.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by chyz(m): 2:10am On Dec 13, 2010
Abagworo:

I don't think Igbos should be talking about an Igbo seaport because the seaport at Lagos is not Yoruba seaport and PH is not Okrika seaport.The problem with Bayelsa is that FG cannot fund the amount of money required for a seaport at Brass and the accompanying infrastructure.Lagos was successfully built because it had that edge of being a federal capital and secondly the terrain is not as difficult as Bayelsa.

And what of Rivers and Akwa Ibom?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by strangerf: 2:11am On Dec 13, 2010
Abagworo:

Ok oooooo

Lagos seaport is Igbo seaport then!

Everything belongs to Igbo, innnit?

Fraudulent mofos!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 2:13am On Dec 13, 2010
strangerf:

Ok oooooo

Lagos seaport is Igbo seaport then!

Everything belongs to Igbo, innnit?

Fraudulent mofos!

guy, relax!!! paranoia is not good ooo!!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by DapoBear(m): 2:29am On Dec 13, 2010
chyz:

Dapo they have already said they would put there own money up.you can even find the articles on the internet. The FG said no that they will not allow them.
Can you please back this up with a reference of some sort? I googled and found nothing. So you are saying some SE state submitted an application for a seaport and the Nigerian Ports Authority denied it?

Also, I doubt that about the FG hasn't done anything in the SW,although i do agree with the marginalisation, they just granted Ogun state a seaport lol. something that we in the East have been asking for for ages. As a matter of fact why would ogun even need a port? LOl.
Well, first of all, the deep sea port looks like it will be in Ondo, not Ogun (Ogun is building a FTZ).

Second, the more ports the merrier. Ports can be very profitable if done properly, it isn't a matter of "need." And taking a quick glance at a map of Ondo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nigeria_Ondo_State_map.png), and considering the following quote:

Governor Mimiko who gave this assurance in his office on Monday while playing host to the Chairman and members of the Nigerian Ports Consultative Council (NPCC) who are in the state for a maritime summit submitted that the state was endowed with the longest coastline in the country and West Africa.
then it at least seems plausible to me that this will be a profitable endeavor (though not sure how accurate his claim of "longest coastline" is.)

Third, Ondo, rather than complaining about marginalization is:
[list]
[*] Actuallly putting up money, namely N24 billion just for road development
[*] Partnering with Ogun State, which has a FTZ of its own that is being developed.
[*] Partnering with three major private firms who plan on providing $1 billion in funding (http://www.africanloft.com/africas-first-deep-sea-container-port-proposed-for-nigeria/)
[/list]

BTW, Lagos sef is not standing still and watching. They are planning a $6 billion deep seaport themselves in Lekki (http://en.portnews.ru/news/13362/). Again, the federal government is not the one putting up the money for this, it will be done by private investors.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by chyz(m): 2:55am On Dec 13, 2010
Can you please back this up with a reference of some sort? I googled and found nothing. So you are saying some SE state submitted an application for a seaport and the Nigerian Ports Authority denied it?
Will do. I never said it was the SE or SS state that said they would do that.Frankly they are not fairly allocated revenue by the FG.However, There were rich individuals who volunteered but weren't allowed.

Well, first of all, the deep sea port looks like it will be in Ondo, not Ogun (Ogun is building a FTZ).
I guess you didn't catch the article. It said clearly "Ogun State" you should even search nairaland for it.

Second, the more ports the merrier. Ports can be very profitable if done properly, it isn't a matter of "need." And taking a quick glance at a map of Ondo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nigeria_Ondo_State_map.png), and considering the following quote:then it at least seems plausible to me that this will be a profitable endeavor (though not sure how accurate his claim of "longest coastline" is.)
The more ports the merrier right? Did you just say the more ports the less profitable?

Third, Ondo, rather than complaining about marginalization is:
[list]
[*] Actuallly putting up money, namely N24 billion just for road development
[*] Partnering with Ogun State, which has a FTZ of its own that is being developed.
[*] Partnering with three major private firms who plan on providing $1 billion in funding (http://www.africanloft.com/africas-first-deep-sea-container-port-proposed-for-nigeria/)
[/list]

BTW, Lagos sef is not standing still and watching. They are planning a $6 billion deep seaport themselves in Lekki (http://en.portnews.ru/news/13362/). Again, the federal government is not the one putting up the money for this, it will be done by private investors.

All of what you just listed above can be attributed to the revenue lagos has accumulated due to the lack of a sea port in the areas i stated earlier. Also, lagos has already gotten that jump start by having a sea port. I would be no difference if PH was granted that a long time ago. It would have those kinds of inversters as well.So there is nothing spectacular about whats happening to lagos and what is done by its people.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by strangerf: 2:59am On Dec 13, 2010
chyz:

All of what you just listed above can be attributed to the revenue lagos has accumulated due to the lack of a sea port in the areas i stated earlier. Also, lagos has already gotten that jump start by having a sea port. I would be no difference if PH was granted that a long time ago. It would have those kinds of[b] inversters [/b] as well.So there is nothing spectacular about whats happening to lagos and what is done by its people.

investor, not invester

invester is not an english word!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by DapoBear(m): 3:37am On Dec 13, 2010
chyz:

Will do. I never said it was the SE or SS state that said they would do that. Frankly they are not fairly allocated revenue by the FG.
Basis for this being true for non-oil producing states?

However, There were rich individuals who volunteered but weren't allowed.
Reference?

I guess you didn't catch the article. It said clearly "Ogun State" you should even search nairaland for it.
Yeah, I got confused because I saw Ondo was also developing one. A bit weird that both are developing separate ports. I'm a bit confused.

The more ports the merrier right? Did you just say the more ports the less profitable?
Numerous small, inland ports which can only be reached by river and which are not suitable for large ships will not be able to compete, yes. If they want to build such ports, fine, it is a free country. I just don't it is the best use of their resources.

All of what you just listed above can be attributed to the revenue lagos has accumulated due to the lack of a sea port in the areas i stated earlier. Also, lagos has already gotten that jump start by having a sea port. I would be no difference if PH was granted that a long time ago. It would have those kinds of inversters as well.So there is nothing spectacular about whats happening to lagos and what is done by its people.
Naw, PH is again on the river rather than the sea.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by chyz(m): 4:06am On Dec 13, 2010
DapoBear:

Basis for this being true for non-oil producing states?
I'm not exctly getting your question.

Numerous small, inland ports which can only be reached by river and which are not suitable for large ships will not be able to compete, yes. If they want to build such ports, fine, it is a free country. I just don't it is the best use of their resources.
I myself wasn't talking about inland ports.

Naw, PH is again on the river rather than the sea.

My bad, meant Rivers not PH parse( all though its not out of the question). The same goes for Akwa Ibom.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by DapoBear(m): 4:10am On Dec 13, 2010
You claim that the SS and SE states are not fairly being allocated revenue. I can agree with this being true of the oil-producing states, but don't agree that this is true for non-oil states.

chyz:

My bad, meant Rivers not PH parse( all though its not out of the question). The same goes for Akwa Ibom.
You should ask the British then why they chose Lagos as their primary port. I still don't think this is some sort of discrimination thing.

Again, if Rivers or Awka Ibom want a seaport, they should apply for one and use their own money (or that of investors they find) to build it. Just like we in the West are doing.

EDIT: clarity
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by strangerf: 4:13am On Dec 13, 2010
chyz:

I'm not exctly getting your question.
I myself wasn't talking about inland ports.

Per se, not PARSE

Olodo rabata

Not your fault though, there is no an AWO in your midst!

SMH
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by chyz(m): 4:29am On Dec 13, 2010
DapoBear:

You claim that the SS and SE are states are not fairly being allocated revenue. I can agree with this being true of the oil-producing states, but don't agree that this is true for non-oil states.

The SE geo-political zone is not fairly allocated revenue. Also, as i goes for non-oil producing states , oil is not they only resource that nigeria uses for revenue so by all means unfair allocation does not exclude them.

You should ask the British then why they chose Lagos as their primary port. I still don't think this is some sort of discrimination thing.

Again, if Rivers or Awka Ibom want a seaport, they should apply for one and use their own money (or that of investors they find) to build it. Just like we in the West are doing.

Never said there was anything wrong with Lagos being the primary port.That is besides the point,it is not a problem. YOU in the west are not doing anything different from what THEY are doing so don't make it seem as the YOU and the west are being any more industrious as THEY in the SS/SE are doing. We both know and this is no secret, even numerous Ghanaians(outsiders) have come on here to confirm it, that nigeria discriminates based on ethnicity.Getting the "ok" to complete or begin a task in nigeria is not like doing so in the U.S, Im sure you know that. Which is the reason more that the 2011 presidential election is signified "The begining of the end of nigeria".
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by chyz(m): 4:30am On Dec 13, 2010
strangerf:

Per se, not PARSE

Olodo rabata

Not your fault though, there is no an AWO in your midst!

SMH

Thank God.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Onlytruth(m): 4:52am On Dec 13, 2010
strangerf:

Per se, not PARSE

Olodo rabata

Not your fault though, there is no [size=14pt]an[/size] AWO in your midst!

SMH

"No an". . . -> Noan!

Nna na wa o. Teacher don't teach me nonsense! cry sad undecided
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by strangerf: 5:01am On Dec 13, 2010
Onlytruth:

"No an". . . -> Noan!

Nna na wa o. Teacher don't teach me nonsense! cry sad undecided

Ode boy!

Such a nincompoop like you
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by DapoBear(m): 5:02am On Dec 13, 2010
chyz:

The SE geo-political zone is not fairly allocated revenue.
What is your basis for saying this? The falsified population figures, which we all know are incorrect? If so, I won't disagree what that. But then the issue seems to be getting correct population figures, not "unfair revenue allocation." Under the officially accepted numbers, the revenue is fair, is it not?

Never said there was anything wrong with Lagos being the primary port.That is besides the point,it is not a problem. YOU in the west are not doing anything different from what THEY are doing so don't make it seem as the YOU and the west are being any more industrious as THEY in the SS/SE are doing. We both know and this is no secret, even numerous Ghanaians(outsiders) have come on here to confirm it, that nigeria discriminates based on ethnicity.Getting the "ok" to complete or begin a task in nigeria is not like doing so in the U.S,  Im sure you know that. Which is the reason more that the 2011 presidential election is signified "The begining of the end of nigeria".
You still have not documented any SE states by the sea applying to open up a seaport and being denied. When did this happen? Under which administration? Which state? What was the proposed site?

Even earlier in this thread, people were complaining about the federal government somehow suppressing your existing (riverside) ports. I think I've demonstrated pretty clearly why this is not the case (though if someone can show goods are taxed higher in the East than in the West, I'll agree that that is discrimination.)

But let us assume for the sake of argument that you are correct, that the Nigerian government discriminates against the SE and favors the Yoruba and the SW. If so, then you have nothing to lose by removing your support of the PDP or any centralist governments. After all, it appears that your support has bought you nothing, right? While our staunch opposition to Abuja and the federal government somehow has led to us being favored!  tongue
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by chyz(m): 5:14am On Dec 13, 2010
DapoBear:

What is your basis for saying this? The falsified population figures, which we all know are incorrect? If so, I won't disagree what that. But then the issue seems to be getting correct population figures, not "unfair revenue allocation." Under the officially accepted numbers, the revenue is fair, is it not?
The irony

You still have not documented any SE states by the sea applying to open up a seaport and being denied. When did this happen? Under which administration? Which state? What was the proposed site?
Dapo, you are funny with the "document" thing. try any search engine be it google or yahoo,even msn.your choice.you cannot tell me you can find it.Pretty lame. Let's see you show the documents saying why they(FG) have not build the sea ports or done see it deemed fit.All of the detail will be really appreciated.

Even earlier in this thread, people were complaining about the federal government somehow suppressing your existing (riverside) ports. I think I've demonstrated pretty clearly why this is not the case (though if someone can show goods are taxed higher in the East than in the West, I'll agree that that is discrimination.)

But let us assume for the sake of argument that you are correct, that the Nigerian government discriminates against the SE and favors the Yoruba and the SW. If so, then you have nothing to lose by removing your support of the PDP or any centralist governments. After all, it appears that your support has bought you nothing, right? While our staunch opposition to Abuja and the federal government somehow has led to us being favored!  tongue

Im still trying to figure out where i said the Yoruba were being favored.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by DapoBear(m): 5:22am On Dec 13, 2010
chyz:

The irony
There is no irony. I agree that the census figures in this country are false. And if correct ones are produced, then revenue needs to be adjusted accordingly in the country. But I think you see how these are two distinct issues, yes? If for (B) to happen, (A) must happen first, then it seems to me that one needs to focus on bringing about (A) before tackling (B).

Dapo, you are funny with the "document" thing. try any search engine be it google or yahoo,even msn.your choice.you cannot tell me you can find it.Pretty lame. Let's see you show the documents saying why they(FG) have not build the sea ports or done see it deemed fit.All of the detail will be really appreciated.
So is the issue that the FG has not built a seaport or that they are preventing you from building one yourself? These are two separate things. I googled for the second and couldn't find any information. If anyone has a reference or concrete information (i.e., names, dates, places), then please provide it.

Im still trying to figure out where i said the Yoruba were being favored.
Might not be you specifically who has said it, but several in this thread have made it out to be that way, if only by insinuation.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Safari29: 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
Where us tinapa??
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Safari29: 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
Where is tinapa??
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Abagworo(m): 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
Abagworo:

How time flies.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by HopeAtHand: 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
Abagworo:

abagworo, so PH seaport is Okrika seaport?? A port on built on Ikwerreland.. Na wa oo.. Pls stop misinforming people and pls dnt create unneccessary tension.

When Amaechi came to the railway station to inaugurate the PH-Aba rail route, which chief was present as the traditional ruler of the place??

Abagworo, respect yourself.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Noneroone(m): 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lol
@the topic, eko atlantic is sure to go the way of tinapa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Cant Believe The Price Of Kerosene in Lagos is Now N850/Gallon / ACN, ANPP, CPC To Form New Party In 2013 / Where Can I Donate Money To Buhari's Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.