Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,759 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:08 AM

Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana (550 Views)

NDLEA To Test All Nigerian Students For Marijuana, Other Drugs: Marwa / Nigerian Senate Makes Case For Nuclear Energy / Enugu Gov’s Wife Makes Case For Vulnerable Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by Oluwamarc(m): 11:05am On Feb 05, 2020
THE flyover built by the Ondo State Government across the Benin-Ore Expressway at Ore and the Ondo Linyi Industrial Hub are to be inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari, Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu said on Monday.
He was at the State House, Abuja, to invite the President.
Speaking with reporters, the governor said: “I came to Mr. President for a specific issue, which is to invite Mr. President to Ondo State for the inauguration of our intersection.
“As you all know, I’ll be three years in office on the 24th of this month and the activities lined up to mark our third year in office include having to inaugurate a number of our projects that have been completed. That’s why I’ve come to personally invite him to inaugurate our flyover in Ore.”
On the insinuations that he wants to ride on the back of the Operation Amotekun issue to secure a second term, the governor said he has done enough for the people of Ondo State, hence he does not need the Amotekun popularity to be re-elected.
He said: “On the forthcoming election, you need to go to Ondo; I know that we have done more than enough. We are in the heart of the people of Ondo State, we don’t need Amotekun to be in the hearts of the people. You need to go there, by the grace of God, not our calling but for what God has enabled us to do in Ondo State is there for you to see.”
The governor also took the opportunity to renew his earlier calls for the legalisation of the farming of marijuana, which he said has a lot of economic and health values to the society.

“It’s not because I take it; I take CBD, that’s the oil, for medical purposes. I am convinced about the use to which we can put marijuana.
“I know of the fact because we had to bring in experts, who have gone round and believe that the strain of marijuana that we grow in Ogbese in Ondo State is the best in the world. So, if you have that then a government must find a way to put it into good use.
“Our own is that the pathway to growing marijuana for medical reasons, not for anybody to smoke,” the governor said.

https://citadelng.com.ng/2020/02/05/akeredolu-makes-case-for-marijuana/

Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by Hypnotise: 11:09am On Feb 05, 2020
How can you say you grow marijuana not to smoke
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by Colorado1(m): 11:48am On Feb 05, 2020
Good development
They should also make case for Colorado

...small small we're getting there
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by Tobimillar1(m): 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
I take CBD, that’s the oil,
nice one baba.. Nigeria need to be wise . the state of illinois just legalized cannabis too .. Its a billion dollar market.. And vaping canabis oil is dope

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by DaBullIT(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
Marijuana money is like Oyil money , too much

but if you legalize weed, people wey go beat NDLEA staff wey don obtain them before go too much

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by Blue3k(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hypnotise:
How can you say you grow marijuana not to smoke

Lol he's didnt phrase it correctly. All he means is he doesn't want legalize it for recreational purposes. You dont have to smoke to enjoy the affects. There's option of taking edibles. CBD oil is injested or rubbed on.
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by Hypnotise: 3:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol he's didnt phrase it correctly. All he means is he doesn't want legalize it for recreational purposes. You dont have to smoke to enjoy the affects. There's option of taking edibles. CBD oil is injested or rubbed on.

It should be legalized for smoking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by Blue3k(m): 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hypnotise:

It should be legalized for smoking

It's up the federal government if the weed gets legalized at all. He should be talking representatives to get support for a bill.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by collins88(m): 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2020
Marijuana has a huge potential on Nigeria economy and health wise: etc. if Federal Government of Nigeria could implement policy, that will properly maximize its full potential, eg local consumption and exporting it to other countries where is needed. Also look into the possibility of Banning substances like nicotine and tobacco smoking, this substance cause cancer and other illness.
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by Blue3k(m): 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
I see Buhari vetoing the bill even NASS did get the numbers. I'd like to see a survey about how popular legalization is. I emailed noi polls but they dont seem interested in the topic.
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by kellight(m): 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
My man grin

One bottle of coronavirus beer for you grin grin
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by blacknp(m): 8:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
Tobimillar1:
nice one baba.. Nigeria need to be wise . the city of illinois just legalized cannabis too .. Its a billion dollar market.. And vaping canabis oil is dope
The state of Illinois, but we get the message, pass the Dutchie, on the left hand side.
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by blacknp(m): 8:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
Blue3k:
I see Buhari vetoing the bill even NASS did get the numbers. I'd like to see a survey about how popular legalization is. I emailed noi polls but they dont seem interested in the topic.
President Buhari dread Rasta (Lion of Daura), em no veto, no smoke man bill,, em pass law, for Mr ganja planter.
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by helinues: 8:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ewe ola ( leaves of richness) supposed to be legalise..

The problems are those who Are abusing it
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by Tobimillar1(m): 12:17am On Feb 06, 2020
blacknp:
The state of Illinois, but we get the message, pass the Dutchie, on the left hand side.
my bad .. I been wan write city of Chicago before my brain come change am to illinois .. You dey windy city too ?
Re: Akeredolu Makes Case For Marijuana by waltermeyer: 9:11am On Apr 15, 2020
This is the reason I have again and again stressed on the use of cod that you can get from WeedNews.co. They use the purest extract of it so that you can get the best quality.

(1) (Reply)

You Are On The Right Track – Peter Obi To Gov-makinde / Bayelsa Political Imbroglio: Time For Jonathan To Act. / War In South-spouth: Wike Warns Oshiomhole, Sylva’s Jugular Over Odili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.