Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,216 members, 7,910,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:32 AM

Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United (1633 Views)

Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United / Odion Ighalo: I Took Pay Cut To Secure Manchester United Move / Ighalo: 'I Enjoyed Every Bit Of The World Cup' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
Odion Ighalo says he was so desperate to join Manchester United he took a pay cut to make the deal happen and did not sleep the night it was agreed.

The 30-year-old Nigeria forward has joined United on loan from Shanghai Shenhua until the end of the season.

The ex-Watford player says his mum cried at the news and there were parties on the street where he grew up.

"A few other clubs had shown interest, I said: 'Please, just pick United, if it's going to be possible,'" he said.

Speaking to the club website, he added: "At 11pm in Shanghai, my agent called me [to say] that United want to do the deal, so I woke up that night and started looking for a translator to go to the directors' room and hit his door.

"'My agent wants to speak to you. United are coming for me, you have to make this happen.'"

Ighalo, his agent and the clubs spent the night negotiating and signing paperwork to get it through before the deadline at 7am Shanghai time.
Meanwhile, other clubs were calling asking Ighalo to sign for them.

"I told my agent 'this is what I want. I want to come here'," added Ighalo.

"He said: 'You're going to get a pay cut to go to United.'

"I said: 'I don't care. Make this deal happen. I want to go to United. I don't care how much is the pay cut, I know that, make it happen.'"

Ighalo (below) was pictured wearing a Manchester United shirt during his childhood

Ighalo says he has been a United fan since he was a child and is pleased to be able to make the his dream of playing for the Old Trafford club a reality.

"I called my mum and she was happy, crying," he said.

"I know many people used to say when they join a team, they say that they dream of playing for that team. Mine was not the case. I supported the team when I was young.
"People that know me, even back in Nigeria, and even when I was playing at Watford, my team-mates knew that I loved Manchester United, I support them."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51383589

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by JasonScoolari: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
smiley
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
All the very best in your New Club Odion.

Continue to bang in the Goals.......

Ighalo (below) was pictured wearing a Manchester United shirt during his childhood.....

Believe in your dreams guys....
One day.....it will come true!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by Freestainworld(m): 3:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
success bro
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by BeautifulDemon(f): 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2020
[s]
post=86399480:

Ighalo (below) was pictured wearing a Manchester United shirt during his childhood.....

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by Bluntguy: 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
post=86399480:

You are the op, FTC you no go leave for another person. Na wa for you o.
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by aliumik: 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
Pls go and score goals, that's why they sign u.Wish u all d best!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2020
Good striker
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
Bluntguy:

You are the op, FTC you no go leave for another person. Na wa for you o.
Heeyah!
You better change your moniker from 'blunt guy', to the right one, 'b....guy'!
Your village people strong no be small o.
U better go carry sacrifice meet dem make dem give u ya 2 eyes back!
It is well with you o guy derailer!
Na true say hatred dey blind person sha! cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by SinisterX(m): 6:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
Dude should do his thing and leave the rest for God cos what is occurring in MAN U is not physical.
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:07pm On Feb 05, 2020
SinisterX:
Dude should do his thing and leave the rest for God cos what is occurring in MAN U is not physical.

Lol@ not physical.
That is sport for u bro,
You win some, you lose some!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by SinisterX(m): 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
post=86404820:

Lol@ not physical.
That is sport for u bro,
I feel for them everytime man,
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by BeautifulDemon(f): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
[s]
post=86404820:

Lol@ not physical.
That is sport for u bro,
[/s]
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by BeautifulDemon(f): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
[s]
post=86404582:

Heeyah!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by Bluntguy: 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
post=86404582:

Heeyah!

Who hate who? Nobody hate you. Free your mind mind. Hater.
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by thundafire: 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
post=86399480:

hope u are enjoying ur dreams come true with APC
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by ChikaLann: 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2020
post=86404820:

Lol@ not physical.
That is sport for u bro,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqMSA-dPQ0c
Re: Odion Ighalo : I Took A Pay Cut To Join Manchester United by KelvinCoaster(m): 8:18am On Feb 08, 2020
Man U is finishing top 3 this season with this move! Just watch and see.

(1) (Reply)

"Go To My House And Take Any Car You Want…", Adebayor Tells Ghanaian Comedian / Brazil Is Not Playing Well / NFF Cuts Stephen Keshi And Super Eagles' Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.