Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,895 members, 7,976,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 06:25 AM

I’m Ready To Meet Siasia – Emenike ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’m Ready To Meet Siasia – Emenike ! (652 Views)

Emmanuel Adebayor To Meet Flute-Player With Nostril - Pics / El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Ready To Meet Siasia – Emenike ! by wales(m): 7:10am On Dec 13, 2010
Nigerian-born Karabukspor of Turkey striker Emmanuel Emenike says he is ready for discussion with Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia on his international future.

The 23-year-old striker is the highest goal scorer with 12 goals in the Turkish topflight and has been in terrific form since joining Karabukspor from South Africa‘s Cape Town FC in 2009.

Siasia, who is expected to travel to Europe to meet with Nigerian players, hopes to visit Emenike in Turkey to convince him to play for Nigeria.

”Obviously I am aware of the coach‘s planned visit to Turkey and I look forward to meeting him.

“He (Siasia) has been in touch about the meeting but what was discussed stays between us,” he told BBC Sport on Saturday.

Emenike is unhappy with the Nigerian Football Federation alleging the NFF almost scuttled his transfer from South Africa to Turkey last year.

His form has reportedly attracted Turkey Football Federation officials, who have approached the strong forward to represent the European country at senior levels.

However, FIFA’s rules states that a player must have continuous residence in the country he wants to switch allegiance to for five years, which means Emenike will not be eligible to represent Turkey until three years time.

The player alleged the NFF held back his International Transfer Certificate clearance for six months. Fifa came to his rescue.

”It was when I was with Mpumalanga Black Aces in South Africa, the club reached out to the NFF but for six months they left my career at a crossroad.

”My life and career was left hanging but Fifa gave me a clearance when the club almost gave up on me and thank God a loan to FC Cape Town led to my transfer to Turkey.

”Playing for Nigeria has not crossed my mind after what I went through in the hands of the NFF,” Emenike added.

On the Turkish football federation‘s approach, Emenike added, ”A few months ago the owner of Karabükspor came to me and asked if I would like to play for Turkey because the TFF wants me to. It was an offer too good to refuse because such things only happen once in a lifetime.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012130555353

(1) (Reply)

Siasia's First Super Eagles Match: What's Your Take? / Maputo 2011: Iworima’s Gold Withdrawn, Event To Be Repeated / Heartland Have Been Rewarded With Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.