Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,350 members, 7,907,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 04:15 PM

Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. (3741 Views)

Obanikoro, Muazu, Others To Be Extradited Back To Nigeria / Ibori To Complete Jail Term In Nigeria / James Ibori To Justice Minister Malami: "Ibori Loot Does Not Exist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
Gbawe:

Reassuring to know you are not aware of sentencing laws because , unless you are a lawyer or interested in the law,  it is mainly ex-cons who know sentencing laws in detail.  grin grin grin
ROTFL
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2010
whether na belmash or scrub the guy go chop beating all the same, by the time he comes out, he go carry tatoo every where for im body! lol
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Gbawe: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2010
ElRazur:

Lwkmd.

E be like say you get experience abi?

Lol@you and ibime suspecting me. I be good boy o. grin

grin grin grin Nooooo. I be good boy too OO. Na my wife be Lawyer . She never stops yakking on !!!!!
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by KnowAll(m): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2010
But why is ibori sent to d UK, he has not stolen a penny from British Tax payers, why bring him here to some senseless trial, the offence was committed in Nigeria, surely he should be tried in Naija.

What d British Govt should do is liquidate his assets in d UK & send the proceeds to Nigeria not trying him, or are they charging and trying him 4 some spurious credit card fraud he allegedly committed some 19 years ago. undecided

I beg make dem send Ibori back to naija to face d music, he has no case to answer in d UK.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Gbawe: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2010
KnowAll:

But why is ibori sent to d UK, he has not stolen a penny from British Tax payers, why bring him here to some senseless trial, the offence was committed in Nigeria, surely he should be tried in Naija.

What d British Govt should do is liquidate his assets in d UK & send the proceeds to Nigeria not trying him, or are they charging and trying him 4 some spurious credit card fraud he allegedly committed some 19 years ago. undecided

I beg make dem send Ibori back to naija to face d music, he has no case to answer in d UK.

Face what "music" ? The kind of music he faced that saw him cleared of over a 100 charges of corruption by a Nigerian Court of Law? The kind of music Nigerian Halliburton suspects (OBJ et al) are currently facing?  Ibori commited a crime against the UK when his laundered funds passed through the financial institution of that nation. International money Laundering is a serious offence and if it involves ten nations then indicted citizens of all the nations involved can be extradited anywhere to stand trial. In any case , Ibori has co-conspirators who are British and the former Governor cannot be extricated from their crime especially as he is the brains behind the operation and , by far, the biggest beneficiary of the money laundering scheme.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by KnowAll(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2010
Face what "music" ? The kind of music he faced that saw him cleared of over a 100 charges of corruption by a Nigerian Court of Law? The kind of music Nigerian Halliburton suspects (OBJ et al) are currently facing?  Ibori commited a crime against the UK when his laundered funds passed through the financial institution of that nation. International money Laundering is a serious offence and if it involves ten nations then indicted citizens of all the nations involved can be extradited anywhere to stand trial. In any case , Ibori has co-conspirators who are British and the former Governor cannot be extricated from their crime especially as he is the brains behind the operation and , by far, the biggest beneficiary of the money laundering scheme.

This is real colonial mentality, just becos Jonathan / Sambo cannot try Ibori successfully in Nigeria, it is down to the Brits to do their dirty job 4 them, Ibori, his wife or is it his girl-friend has no business been in an English Jail. True they have flouted the UK's anti launder laws at best what a non- citizen gets for this kind of crime is seizure & forfeiture of assets and the proceeds of crime with a summarily deportation order not a jail term at English expenses.
Ibori has a lot of questions to answer in Nigeria & should be here answering those questions.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Gbawe: 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2010
KnowAll:

This is real colonial mentality, just becos Jonathan / Sambo cannot try Ibori successfully in Nigeria, it is down to the Brits to do their dirty job 4 them, Ibori, his wife or is it his girl-friend has no business been in an English Jail. True they have flouted the UK's anti launder laws at best what a non- citizen gets for this kind of crime is seizure & forfeiture of assets and the proceeds of crime with a summarily deportation order not a jail term at English expenses.
Ibori has a lot of questions to answer in Nigeria & should be here answering those questions.

Well, hopefully, after serving time in the UK for breaching the integrity of their financial system he will be deported so that , if by then we have serious leaders with integrity, Ibori can answer for his crimes against Nigeria and Nigerians . Then again I would not hold my breath because Ibori cannot be tried twice for the over 100 charges he has already been cleared of in Nigeria as per the double jeopardy provision:
Double jeopardy is a procedural defense that forbids a defendant from being tried again on the same, or similar charges following a legitimate acquittal

I don't see a serious future Nigerian Government , entirely distracted with improving Nigeria, having the time or inclination to bring corruption charges against Ibori by trying to show he was not legitimately acquitted previously . In the end it works best for everyone that Ibori enjoys his time in the UK prison system. At least the people of Delta State can feel justice has been done somewhat.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by vorosmartm(m): 8:26am On Dec 14, 2010
Its a pity but he'll be appealling at the supreme court to push forward the evil day or better still he may decide to face the evil day faster and not appeal
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by semid4lyfe(m): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2010
I can't wait for him to be sent to Jail so I can start planning & plotting on how I'm gonna do a Micheal Scoffield and break Ibori outta prison. . .for a sizeable amount of his loot of course grin
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 14, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I can't wait for him to be sent to Jail so I can start planning & plotting on how I'm gonna do a Micheal Scoffield and break Ibori outta prison. . .for a sizeable amount of his loot of course grin
Quoting and saving for evidence.
One day, you and your partner, mamagee, will be apprehended.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by HamidO1(m): 11:47am On Dec 14, 2010
I really don't see Ibori getting off the hook this time, with his wife and lawyer already nailed. I just pray he gets a sentence that is proportionate to his offense not the Cecelia Ibru type we had in Naija.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Gbawe: 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2010
Hamid O:

I really don't see Ibori getting off the hook this time, with his wife and lawyer already nailed. I just pray he gets a sentence that is proportionate to his offense not the Cecelia Ibru type we had in Naija.

Simply not possible if he will be tried and sentenced in the UK. His wife , a lesser co-conspirator , has recieved 5 years. Ibori will , at the very least get the same or more. He will be taken straight to jail , and not to any hospital (like Ibru) , upon sentencing . Very few Countries are like Nigeria when it comes to crime and punishment becuase most nations understand that without effective deterrent , criminality thrives .
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by sochan: 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2010
Ibori is going down. He commited a crime in the UK and he is going to be purnished. The Nigerians government needs to learn how to deal with issue, but how can that happen when the cime fighting chief helps the criminal escape.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by bestsales1: 1:57pm On Dec 14, 2010
he just got xtradited to jail, hoowooooo!! im so happy. before he gets back, some ants would have eaten part of his money and he might come out a pastor, UK NO PAROLE please, he should bag at least 8years,
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by saworoide: 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2010
Gbawe:

Well, hopefully, after serving time in the UK for breaching the integrity of their financial system he will be deported so that , if by then we have serious leaders with integrity, Ibori can answer for his crimes against Nigeria and Nigerians . Then again I would not hold my breath because Ibori cannot be tried twice for the over 100 charges he has already been cleared of in Nigeria as per the double jeopardy provision:

I don't see a serious future Nigerian Government , entirely distracted with improving Nigeria, having the time or inclination to bring corruption charges against Ibori by trying to show he was not legitimately acquitted previously . In the end it works best for everyone that Ibori enjoys his time in the UK prison system. At least the people of Delta State can feel justice has been done somewhat.

Ibori is a UK Passport holder. He is a UK citizen as well as a Nigerian. Let him go and face trial in his second country, afterall he has been cleared of all charges as far as Nigerian courts are concerned. Shikena
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by sochan: 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2010
Most likely his British citizenship will be stripped. with a big ex-con stamp on his Nigerian passport, even Sudan will not grant him entry
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by bestsales1: 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2010
i heard his lawyer saying, they will appeal at the Dubai Supreme court, lol they had better give up so he ca start his jail term soon enough for him to get out before he's 80, the earlier the better cos im sure he's getting nothing more that twice of his wife's jail term and they will not b in the same prison so no money, no love, what a life it'll be for a billionaire,

but the question is. didn't he know when he was bagging all this money to uk? y didnt he just do it in ireland or finland where u can keep ur money with little or no suspicion, he's obviously as dumb as his cat
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Yorubah(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2010
Ibiro pls be a man and go serve your jail term, modafukar
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by jenuel: 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
Good news. UK should start preparing a special section of their prison for the IBORIs as the main looter is coming soon to join them. Theresa and Christine are already cooling off. FGN should also appeal so that they serve their jail terms in Nigeria where they will very much appreciate going to prison better.
I want to hear about the conviction of many more looters displaying their ill-gotten around.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by baconline(m): 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2010
those boyz for jail go shine him koko tire b4 e comot!!!!!!!he can't get less than or equal 5 years
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Gbawe: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
saworoide:

Ibori is a UK Passport holder. He is a UK citizen as well as a Nigerian. Let him go and face trial in his second country, afterall he has been cleared of all charges as far as Nigerian courts are concerned. Shikena

If Ibori is a naturalized Briton (and I suspect he is ) he can have his British citizenship revoked for serious misdemeanour. I am sure that some smart lawyer can argue the case here. It is only if you are British by birth that the Country is obligated to class you as her citizen whatever you become involved with.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Harus(m): 11:09pm On Dec 14, 2010
NNPC is Recruiting now.
Pls spread the news.
www.nnpcgroup.com/
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by ZE: 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2010
, They call him Ogidigbo-digbo as you de watch am e de go Ogidigbo-digbo,

Now he is Ogidigbo-digbo as you de watch am him de go to PRISON Ogidigbo-digbo.
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Harus(m): 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2010
NNPC is Recruiting now.
Pls spread the news.
www.nnpcgroup.com/
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Gbawe: 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2010
ZE:

, They call him Ogidigbo-digbo as you de watch am e de go Ogidigbo-digbo,

Now he is Ogidigbo-digbo as you de watch am him de go to PRISON Ogidigbo-digbo.

Ol boy , na "odidigborigbo of Africa". Lets see what that title will mean to the hardened batty-boys in the UK Prisons grin grin grin. When we tell dem not to steal dem no go hear. Now with him round yansh , grossly inflated from feeding fat with stolen fund, he will be a much sought after 'queen' grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by nnacent(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2010
There are many more celebrated criminals in Nigeria. O God of creation, Guide our leaders to do right. Amen
Re: Breaking News: Ibori To Be Extradited To The U.k. by Christie2110: 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
He's not the only one who has messed up, many others have, but haven't been caught, pls show a lil pity for him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is No Easy Walk To Freedom Anywhere: / Little Known Langa Langa Train Disaster Which Killed Nigerian Railways / The 10 Most Educated Countries In The World. Guess No.3, 2 & 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.