Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,666 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:35 AM

Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others (24132 Views)

Tax Administrators Must Match The Pace Of Global Technological Advancements — CA / Gov Akeredolu Frowns At Rejection Of Old Naira Notes By Traders, Artisans, / Come And Take Money, CBN Tells Anambra Farmers, Artisans, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by emusbyz(m): 10:40pm On Feb 07, 2020
madridguy:
The Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Mohammed Nami,

Mr Mohammed Nami, i guess its time for you to go. You guys are just painting this administration black with your evil agenda. Una wan kill person with tax? Person cannot buy airtime again now you want to take your wickedness to people selling fufu and vegetable to survive.

It is obvious you don't know why the previous FIRS boss was dropped. Buhari said he wasn't remitting as much as he should. This new guy is just trying to keep his job. Shey dem Don increase minimum wage? Everything too Don increase, including tax.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Lawalemi(m): 11:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
'Tax strengthen social contract between citizen and government'

Awon weyrey

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by ivor1(m): 11:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by mushystuff: 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
madridguy:
The Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Mohammed Nami,

Mr Mohammed Nami, i guess its time for you to go. You guys are just painting this administration black with your evil agenda. Una wan kill person with tax? Person cannot buy airtime again now you want to take your wickedness to people selling fufu and vegetable to survive.

What is the colour of this administration before? It is already darker than black! He's only living up to what he represents, a dark age under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by NicoKator: 12:20am On Feb 08, 2020
Please financial Experts in the House, I need your help on PAYE tax.
Can Personal Income Tax for a contract worker who is earning monthly but his contract duration is less than one year be calculated on pro rata basis? Would it not be unfair to multiply someone who earns like #700k monthly (for a 6 months contract) by 12 i.e pa and use the Personal income Template outlined by the FIRS? Seeing the person is earning per contract duration and not annually, can his PAYE be calculated based on gross earnings for the contract duration? Please I need ur inputs .
Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by adedayoa2(f): 1:41am On Feb 08, 2020
Its not like i want it, but I'm smelling it. God help Nigerians
Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Nobody: 1:43am On Feb 08, 2020
I totally disagree with taxing informal jobs. Let this FIRS oga leave these people alone. Instead of them to cut expenses on these our greedy politicians, they want to tax people that are still trying to survive. This is wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Mjpem23(m): 2:40am On Feb 08, 2020
dontammy:
https://nairametrics.com/2020/02/06/firs-boss-wants-to-tax-street-traders-artisans-other-informal-jobs

GOOD, I'VE BEEN EXPECTING THIS MOVE SINCE WHEN I WAS 7 YEARS OLD.

NIGERIA I BELIEVE IN YOU NO MORE...

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by erico2k2(m): 3:17am On Feb 08, 2020
dontammy:
https://nairametrics.com/2020/02/06/firs-boss-wants-to-tax-street-traders-artisans-other-informal-jobs
I dont see anything wrong with this.the street traders already pay multiple taxes to agberos.
Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Benwallt(m): 3:29am On Feb 08, 2020
You can't expect anything good coming out of the kind of head sitting on this man's shoulder.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by wink2015(m): 3:31am On Feb 08, 2020
What happened to the Niger delta crude oil the northern political leadership has enjoying for close to 50 years?

The other day hon. Doguwa brought his 4 wives to the house of representatives telling the nation that the wives produced 27 children for him.

How can a northerner blinded by religious doctrine want to enjoy a fair tax policy with the southern part of Nigeria.

Southerners will pay the tax northerners and their uncontrolled birth will abuse the gains of the discipline the south subject itself to.

Poverty will not leave the north because of the character of the average northerner.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Benwallt(m): 3:32am On Feb 08, 2020
You can't expect anything good to come out of this kind of head sitting on this man's shoulder

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:51am On Feb 08, 2020
Dreal1247:
Are they even taxing the herders and the cattle in this country? I think it is high time they start taxing them adequately.

oga FIRS GET THE CENSUS DATA FOR NIGERIA CITIZENRY AND TAX ALL ADULT ACCORDINGLY

LOL NORTH ALWAYS CLAIM LARGE POPULATION .

I WANT TO WATCH CHANGE OF STORY MOVIE FROM THE NORTHERNS

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by AnthonyVal: 5:25am On Feb 08, 2020
Oga Mr. Revenue take am easy oo! When hardship and tax too much pipul go bigin pour petrol and burn themselves as police confiscation their street trade. Na so Revolution de take begin. Abeg Mr. Revenue tax the rich more allow the poor to survive

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by jagaban002(m): 5:55am On Feb 08, 2020
God will definitely punish u and all u motherfukers trying to suck the life out of us still hustling In this hard country , which fucking tax after trader permit I think many of u are just fucking heartless because what are u dojng for traders or is there job out there Awon oloriburuku . May God punish u and ur generation on on earth and hell fire bastard

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by KardinalZik(m): 6:13am On Feb 08, 2020
madridguy:

That's the NEXT LEVEL!
Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Acidosis(m): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2020
Street hawkers have been paying informal taxes for decades. A serious government would try to eliminate the agbero and omo onile factors before introducing a formal tax process.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Enemyofpeace: 8:45am On Feb 08, 2020
The way Buhari is going he fit no make heaven o

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Reference(m): 8:47am On Feb 08, 2020
Lawalemi:
'Tax strengthen social contract between citizen and government'

Awon weyrey

No. Very true. Taxation is thd fuel that feeds the fire of social change. You are either taxed to death or fight to live. I welcome it. VAT should reach 30 percent in the next decade. Then let me see which citizen will induge in idolatry or racism.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Reference(m): 8:54am On Feb 08, 2020
AnthonyVal:
Oga Mr. Revenue take am easy oo! When hardship and tax too much pipul go bigin pour petrol and burn themselves as police confiscation their street trade. Na so Revolution de take begin. Abeg Mr. Revenue tax the rich more allow the poor to survive

But you know that no matter how sentimental a farmer is about his yam stalks, when the harvest is done and the next season is round the corner he has to gather them all and set it alight. A democracy that doesn't put everyones fortunes and futures at risk is not functional. Democracy works best under social tension. They will not allow us to rest so they cannot rest.

When they say they want Toyota Landcruiser for 50 million you say they must use Innoson Streetcruiser for 20 million. Nigerians must be forced to work their country. Thank godness the world is beginning to close the lid on our crab bucket of a country. We stay here and fix it or die trying.

A time is coming when public and government officials will be so scared of yhe citizens that sirens will be no more, tinted glassed vehicles will be stopped on the roads and burnt. Do you think it is by choice thst government officials in the west are low key?. They too want siren but fear of the citizens won't permit it. Nigeria must boil to that point, the fats of sentiment melting away before we can move forward.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by laladre: 10:52am On Feb 08, 2020
He be like say you want make THUNDER fire that your shapeless skull with the black patch abi, OLORIBURUKU Mani eliyi ke, OGUN must kill this man, his much do this small scale market women make on a daily bases, imagine women selling provisions, how much is there profit, imagine am old woman selling Gari, Rice, Beans, Yam by the roadside at iyana ipaja, and you want her to start paying tax, wet agbero don give her ticket for displaying her market, this stupid man is sick.
Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Lawalemi(m): 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2020
Reference:

No. Very true. Taxation is thd fuel that feeds the fire of social change. You are either taxed to death or fight to live. I welcome it. VAT should reach 30 percent in the next decade. Then let me see which citizen will induge in idolatry or racism.
Ah. VAT shouldn't get up to 30% o. grin
Albeit, I agree with your point
Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by ForbesHomesNG(m): 4:21pm On Feb 08, 2020
Simbrixton:
na ur type dey look away when fulani were killing our people
Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by Arlec(m): 12:08am On Feb 09, 2020
Seems like these guys their head are never correct, once they entered mosque and hit their head on the ground they begin to talk nonsense,
Re: Mohammed Nami: Tax Administrators Should Tax Traders, Artisans, Others by lormarx: 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Razes Akere Market, Lagos (Video) / 9 Ways To Protect Your ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria / Magistrates, IG Have No Powers To Freeze Bank Accounts, Court Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.