Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,740 members, 7,915,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:39 PM

Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. (765 Views)

Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness / Scientific Rationalism, Reason And Faith: Which Produces Systematic Knowledge? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. by simplymee: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2010
Evangelism is a word that many people use more often today in our present day. Its been in usage for quite a while in the Christian faith as it implies the 'winning of souls' or the reaching out to new converts who before hand has not been in the 'Fold.
Evangelism can be said to be the bane of our existence as CHRISTIANS here on earth.It helps to further the range and spread of the Gospel(GOOD NEWS) around the world. Drawn from the instruction of the Lord to his disciples in the message we call the 'GREAT COMMISSION' (, Go ye into all the World and preach the gospel to every creature.He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.JOHN 16:15&16). He also reiterated the need again in Acts 1:8( But ye shall receive Power after that the Holy Ghost has come upon you and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem , and in ALL Judaea , and in Samaria , and unto the UTTERMOST PART of the EARTH.
It goes to show the reality that the world needs to hear the good news of the Gospel of JESUS which is able to save all who hear , accept and believe it.
Once I met a bike man(OKADA MAN) who carried me from home to the market. I had thought for a while how i was to start a conversation with him about God and i hesistated at first on how to start but the Spirit told me to start with a greeting which i did. We later on were involved in a discussion of his business, family and home as well as his love for God. He was a policeman and said he loved God but he was not born again. He said to be born again meant that there will be no more thrill for him and he was much in SIN not to accept God wondering if God will like him. I told him that he was the reason that CHRIST came to die.I shared from Rom 10:9-10 and he was glad. I led him to Christ before i paid and he was glad. I felt so glad that i led him to CHRIST. I still call him and he has been doing well.
WHATS YOUR EXPERIENCE?I Await your response.
Re: Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. by mabell: 8:10pm On Dec 13, 2010
In the month of May, we had what we called @30 days of harvest where the pastor, throughout that month thought on soulwinning, it's benefits and how to go about it. It was awesome.
After the teaching which i call the theory, we went out into the field for the practicals.
I had so longed to do it confidently before then so when we were told to do so, i grabbed it with full strength
At first i hesitated but i persisted.
Now, due to the nature of my job, i hardly have time to go out but i considered it a great opportunity and i ventured out to win souls.
I would consciously go to the road and stand like i wanted to board a bike, and then i win my souls( which where mostly bike men)
Of course i won others too including those on my yahoo messenger list.
After each person was led to christ, there was this great relief. I'm glad i had the opportunity to do so
Re: Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. by nuella2(f): 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2010
l love this thread.

I remember when i was in school, i went to preach in one of our lecture halls when i saw the number of pple there i could not preach, i only went quietly to a lady and preached to her. But i have always desired to preach in buses, schools and market. So one day, while travelling, i made up my mind to preach the gospel of our lord and saviour Jesus christ. For the first time i was able to preach publicly in a bus and from that day it became my lifestyle to preach in buses. Evangelism is what Jesus commanded us to get engaged in, until he returns. But sadly most christians do not preach the gospel, to friends,famlily members ctc.

Preach to someone today.
Re: Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. by Joagbaje(m): 5:01am On Dec 15, 2010
@simpleme
Only few people made contribution on this your thread. grin. But if you had written "A PASTOR STOLE MY GENERATOR" you will have it busy.It just reveal the nature of Nairaland at the moment. But it will change one day. People will visit this site and be blessed. We will understand real Christianity .

I will post my testimonies shortly .
Re: Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. by newmi(m): 10:28am On Dec 15, 2010
simplymee:

Evangelism is a word that many people use more often today in our present day. Its been in usage for quite a while in the Christian faith as it implies the 'winning of souls' or the reaching out to new converts who before hand has not been in the 'Fold.
Evangelism can be said to be the bane of our existence as CHRISTIANS here on earth.It helps to further the range and spread of the Gospel(GOOD NEWS) around the world. Drawn from the instruction of the Lord to his disciples in the message we call the 'GREAT COMMISSION' (, Go ye into all the World and preach the gospel to every creature.He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.JOHN 16:15&16). He also reiterated the need again in Acts 1:8( But ye shall receive Power after that the Holy Ghost has come upon you and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem , and in ALL Judaea , and in Samaria , and unto the UTTERMOST PART of the EARTH.
It goes to show the reality that the world needs to hear the good news of the Gospel of JESUS which is able to save all who hear , accept and believe it.
Once I met a bike man(OKADA MAN) who carried me from home to the market. I had thought for a while how i was to start a conversation with him about God and i hesistated at first on how to start but the Spirit told me to start with a greeting which i did. We later on were involved in a discussion of his business, family and home as well as his love for God. He was a policeman and said he loved God but he was not born again. He said to be born again meant that there will be no more thrill for him and he was much in SIN not to accept God wondering if God will like him. I told him that he was the reason that CHRIST came to die.I shared from Rom 10:9-10 and he was glad. I led him to Christ before i paid and he was glad. I felt so glad that i led him to CHRIST. I still call him and he has been doing well.
WHATS YOUR EXPERIENCE?I Await your response.
Pleas allow me to commend you for kindly deeming it necessary to introduce such a very well timed and appropriate topic. There is no contending the fact that Evangelism is the core and essence of all that we as christians have been called to invest all of our live and resources to demonstrating an unreserved commitment to it. Everything else comes second to it. It constitue the basis for everything for do and will ever do
Jesus said ", Go into all the world and preach THE GOSPEL to all creature, " the problem we have today is what is[b]"THE GOSPEL"[/b]
Re: Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. by newmi(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2011
How do you handle a soul that just got born again but he is to a large extent distracted by the cares and needs he is faced with such that all he sees in you even as you exhort and admonishes him is someone who will give him money perhaps because you had helped me previously

ONCE AGAIN THE JOY OF WINNING A SOUL IS IMMENSELY IMMEASURABLE BUT ITS A VERY BIG RESPONSIBILITY WITH MANY SACRIFICES TO BE MADE
Re: Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. by simplymee: 8:24pm On May 31, 2011
I will teach him by the word to depend on God showing him how to do it. Its true that the person you led to Christ will look up to u cos he/she will look up to u. its still with u to give counsel and recommend where necessary based on what the person can do in order to earn something. ACTS 20 : 32
Re: Evangelism: Its Reason And Impact To The World. by unphilaz(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2011
@poster

i read your post with interest, but what i wish to ask u is what is the GOSPEL that Jesus Christ commanded His followers to preach.

Pls am interested in the bold thanks

(1) (Reply)

God Is Pleased With Only One Church (part 2) / Please Help My Friend / How the Health and Wealth Gospel Twists Scripture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.