Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,581 members, 7,941,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:15 PM

An Open Letter To The Governor. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Governor. (435 Views)

President Buhari Receives Julie Payette, The Governor General Of Canada / "For 6 Months, We Couldn't Reach The Governor" - Mainland LGA Chairman / Aisha Alhassan Aka Mama Taraba Storms Takum. The Home Town Of The Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The Governor. by MoreTech(m): 8:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
I do not intend to write this initially but I think it's necessary to say some few things to the happenings of the moment and most especially in a state that has all the qualities to be a country.

Before I proceed, there is this joke I always tell people that there are just two states that make up Nigeria which is Lagos state and others. I do say this simply because there is nothing in this whole world that you will not find in Lagos state, there is no type of human beings , any form of good things or other wise that you will not encounter and the popular saying that if you don't have wise and sensible in Lagos state you can never be wise anywhere in the world. So if anyone is to govern Lagos state such person must know what to face and do.

The recent ban on okada and Keke in some part of Lagos state is a policy that is not well plan nor well prepared for by the governor of the state. I must say that before policy of such magnitude is been enacted there should be a time frame or period of time for the public to be informed and educated on the reasons why the government will take such policy that will affect the majority of the poor masses.

Maybe, the governor do not know or choose to ignore it that there is great poverty in Nigeria ( of course he should know but ignore). In a country where we can not boost of 10 hours power supply and you expect those that have learnt one or two handiwork but choose to ride okada or Keke because of lack of power to power their machines.

In a country , where minimum wage is 30k and you expect a Keke rider that will save between 120k - 150k monthly after all expenses to go for a 30k job. This governor is a joker I must say . Let me analyze it for you Mr. Governor. In a day a Keke or okada rider will save at worst 5k daily ( after all expenses) and if you multiply 5k by 30 days that will amount to 150k with this Mr. Governor can you pay 150k monthly as basic salary?

Mr. Governor, maybe you don't know or you know but choose to ignore that this your bad policy will render more than 3 million people or more jobless. If you care to know that not only the Keke riders or okada riders will you render jobless but those you are involve are numerous and if you care to know I will analyze them one after the other.

Mr. Governor, first are Simba groups (the company that deal on the TVS Keke and other companies like Bajan etc). This companies surely registered to operate in Nigeria and have employed thousands of Nigeria who are making their living and if you now decided not to have a listening ear what is the fate of those employees because Simba group and others may choose to go back to their country whereas, there is no time Alausa is not full already.

Secondly are the categories of sub-dealers who buy in bulk from the likes of Simba groups to redistribute to the public what will also be the fate of the set of categories that you want to render jobless or do you think they can survive on 30k pay in 30 days?

Also, the set of people who repairs this Keke or okada when there is a need for servicing or adjustment and who have spent 2 - 3 years to learn their trade or be apprentice before they can become expert to repair nko? Mr. Governor maybe you know but choose to ignore it but I must say there is a need to rethink your decision.

Those that are the operator of the Keke are the next, Mr. Governor may be you do not do your findings very well or those whom you have called to the stakeholders meeting are jokers ( I believe some of them might have spent their entire life outside of Nigeria so they can not know what it's look like on the street) this set of people in their million are people who are graduates, retirees, those who have lot their jobs as a result of the hardship in the country, pensioners etc I can continue to count them . This set of people what do you have for them if you take away what they are doing to survive from them?

The next set of people are those who invested in buying Keke to give out on higher purchase purpose. Mr. Governor, this set of people are people who can not work again but need to survive in one way or the other or can you please tell the whole world if you or pass governors have any plan for the elderly in terms of monthly wages or stipends? the answer is no as far as I know yet you consider to stop their daily income through hash decision as the best to save Lagos state from crimes?

Also, the NURTW who by one means or the other coordinate the activities of the Keke at the various park in their thousands will be left out just like that and you expect them to return you in another 4 years as the governor of Lagos? ( Since the majority of them are APC members)

Mr . Governor, the spare parts sellers what do you want to do now? I mean those who sell in parts the Keke accessories and all other things that might be needed to repair a damage Keke? Mr . Governor you need to rethink and find a better way to curb the crimes in the state.

One want to put one thing to you that and as you have claimed that there are numerous death cases in the hospital as a result of your decision but Mr. Governor the attitude of the personnel and the shortage of personnel in the government hospitals are more of the reason why we have lost of life's because if there is adequate and prompt attention there can be reduction in death cases or what do you say about a doctor attending to more than 50 patients in an hour. A case study is one government hospital around isolo ( I don't want to mention name)

Mr. Governor, there are better ways to curb crimes in the state than taking away the daily bread of the poor masses who are only looking for their daily bread. That way is what you should find out because he who want to govern Lagos state will do times 3 of all other state.

finally , Mr. Governor, do have a listening ear 4 years is just around the Conner.

Concern citizen.
Re: An Open Letter To The Governor. by MoreTech(m): 10:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
A Governor that fails to listen to the masses will .not come back
Re: An Open Letter To The Governor. by MoreTech(m): 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
Why will you bring hardship to the masses

(1) (Reply)

The True Position Of Igbos / Reps Fumes Over Rising Boko Haram Attacks, Insists Service Chiefs Must Go / Guinea Bissau: Nuno Appoints 32 Members Of Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.