Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud (884 Views)

Four Nigerian Students In Canada Wanted For $2 Million Dollar Romance Scam / EFCC Nabs SSG's Brother With N60m Cash In Car Boot - Photos / Abule Egba Explosion: Police Arrest 4, Declare Prime Suspect Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by Metrixnews: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2020
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ilorin Zonal Office has arrested a 38-year-old man, Festus Akinyemi Abiona who was indicted by the Federal Bureau of Investigations, FBI over his alleged involvement in internet fraud.

Abiona had been on the wanted list of the Commission for more than eight months over the alleged fraud case, before luck ran out on him and he was finally arrested in his hideout.

Operatives of the EFCC smoked him out of his hiding on February 6, 2020 from his beautifully built duplex in Arepo, Ogun State. He had gone into hiding and deliberately refused to step out of his house, when he got wind of the fact that the EFCC was investigating him. For the past five months, he was in hiding for fear of being arrested.

In the FBI petition dated 10th of July 2019, it was alleged that he was involved in Business Email Compromise, BEC, and other internet-related fraud.

The petition stated further: “In May 2016, the FBI received information that an actor or actors bypassed online security to steal money from retirement accounts held by an insurance company for Public Workers in the United States, which resulted in the loss of approximately $2,500, 000.

“The accounts contained numerous communications between Abiona and other criminal co-conspirators seeking to commit business email compromise (BEC), Tax Refund Fraud, and other Computer enabled fraud”.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/02/breaking-efcc-nabs-another-fbi-suspect-wanted-for-2-5m-internet-fraud/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by Metrixnews: 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
His duplex in Arepo, Ogun State.

Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2020
Agba Awo
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2020
Gbam
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by Witchersunited: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2020
Built that kind of house in a village like that

Moment of silence for all the girls that went down

I don't do Yahoo but I'm 100% sure that if I did and I got money, nobody will know anything, even the lady I marry wouldn't notice anything, how all these guys are smart enough to scam but not smart enough to Launder their money remains a mystery

1 Like

Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by KingsJohnson(m): 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
How did we get here embarassed

Check my signature and saving money for that investment or Project
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by chatinent: 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
Sentence him to 98 years imprisonment.
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by daddytime(m): 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
Kai

"Smoked out of his hiding"...

Na rabbit, abi EFCC dem dey waka with that kpanggolo wey we dey put charcoal take dey hunt rabbit those days for village?

He's still young at 38, and sure can still get on a honorable path after true repentance to eke out a legitimate source of living instead of stealing and reaping from a farm he hadn't planted.

This is the life of everyone whether politicians or the young boy on the street who feels he/she is smart by garnering crookedly what isn't theirs by right. You'd lose it all crookedly and start afresh, hopefully, you'd still be fit and in the best frame of mind to make amends and lead a clean life.

You can never earn and enjoy peace by ripping off someone else.

Your day of recompense will certainly come in one way or the other.

Fast lane is the highest way to eternal doom and destruction.

Earn and live right.

This is my gospel.

Signed...

Ex-Yahoo Boy
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by Tonyfx: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
This guy greedy oo.
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by Jabioro: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
The life of a fraudster...
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by thundafire: 10:30pm On Feb 10, 2020
Dumb foolish crook
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by Kendumazy(m): 12:21am On Feb 11, 2020
Mheen!
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by BlackfireX: 2:16am On Feb 11, 2020
Region .......checked.

Head shape......checked.

Region.....checked.

Name.....checked
Crime......checked.

Demon.....checked.

Tribe....checked.

In conclusion...... Na dem
Re: EFCC Nabs Another FBI Suspect Wanted For $2.5m Internet Fraud by Bola146(f): 6:26am On Feb 11, 2020
embarassed cry

(1) (Reply)

The Devil Made Me Put My Thing Inside Her Thing Says Man Who Raped 3-year-old / Landlord’s Wife Stabs Tenant’s Wife With Poisonous Knife / (video) Policeman Kills Policewoman In Rivers State During Movement Restriction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.