Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,203 members, 7,877,480 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here (36675 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mykhel995: 12:50am On May 15, 2011
crying just isnt enough. i dont know how many candles to light. i thought it would get better but no it hasnt. everyday i miss you more, all of you. finally ive found a way to channel my pain. candles do not even come close to quantifying how special you all were. so uncle mfon(10 08 2004), grandpa(23 05 2007), uncle ola (04 01 2008) and itoro(04 03 2010) i set this post ablaze for you. i pray it burns till we get to meet again.
[size=8pt]ADIEU[/size] cry cry cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by pslm23(f): 1:05am On May 15, 2011
I light 3 candles in sweet memory of the "wind beneath my wings" my dearest mother,  May 14 2008, my precious mother's spirit took flight and became an Angel of sorts watching over her children and loved ones.

The pain of loosing her is still so raw and I wonder, will it ever get better? In all honesty, I want my mom back and would give anything to just talk to her, touch her hands, laugh with her, hear her scream at me for being foolish, I just want her back! But we don't always get what we want or ask for do we? I guess I just have to make do with her memories.

Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you. It was but yesterday we met in a dream.
You have sung to me in my aloneness, and I of your longings have built a tower in the sky.
But now our sleep has fled and our dream is over, and it is no longer dawn.
The noontide is upon us and our half waking has turned to fuller day, and we must part.
If in the twilight of memory we should meet once more, we shall speak again together and you shall sing to me a deeper song.
And if our hands should meet in another dream, we shall build another tower in the sky.

I love you mom Irene, you are forever missed!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by MissyB3(f): 1:30pm On May 15, 2011
May 15th, exactly 4 years since you left, Dad. How time flies! I've said it all, there's nothing left to say. I've forgiven them and I've forgiven you, and I sincerely wish you were still around. I'll keep missing you till we meet someday. . . Keep resting in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Digriz(m): 10:20pm On May 15, 2011
Am lighting a candle for my friend and colleague who was laid to rest exactly a month ago 15 April 2011. Iyke alias Ambassador,i wl never forget hw we used to discus futball and as Barca fan you were, i wld hv wished u're still alive to witness anoda battle btw my club ( Man U) and your club again,u predicted dat your club wl reach another final dis year bt d cold hand of dead just snatched u away at a young age of 25 just 3wks b4 your 25th birthday.
Amba,continue resting in peace till we meet again in heaven.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mimon79(m): 11:56pm On May 15, 2011
To my late brother Charles, the most gentle human being i ever knew ( he never got annoyed physically) Lost him in 2k4, miss u man sad
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by klear(f): 2:15pm On May 16, 2011
Am lightening a candle 4 my grandfather who died when in 1994 may your gentle soul continue 2 rest n peace
4 my little friend Nissi who passed away on 12/5/11,  even at a tender age your faith was amazing, your life was a testimony, I luv u dearly, rest in peace cos God knows u deserve it
4 my colleague & friend Lilian who died when giving birth on 12/5/11, You were such a sweet & caring woman. I pray dat God will give your hubby d fortitude 2 bear d loss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mirob(f): 12:26pm On May 22, 2011
I had always been thruout Ur ailing period, from one hospital to another, until dec 2008 when I left 4 Abuja and decieded to leave U with Chioma thinking U r ok, I planned on coming bk by Easter to see U but on that fateful 1st of march 2009 I received the worst call of my life ,that U have passed on. Sweet mother y shd it be when I wasn't around that U have to die and left me thinking maybe U wouldn't have died was I there, So sorry, I still regret not been there 4 U when U needed me most, the guilt is weighing me down even as I'm writing this, Pls FORGIVE me sweet mother. Mum,I will always miss U. Adieu sweet MOTHER.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by nonnyp(f): 10:26am On May 25, 2011
Am lighting a candle 4 my friend n brother who died in d hands of cpc supporters during d April post election mahem in Bauchi state,IKECHUKWU UKEOMA CHIBUZOR.as u wil b laid 2 rest on 3/6/2011 may find peace in d bossom of d almighty.corper shon! Adieu my beloved!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by 735i(m): 5:12pm On May 27, 2011
I'm lighting a big one for my Broda & my friend: Francis aka Okadigbo. u left us @ ur prime. barely a week afta ur traditional wedding. It's sunset @ dawn for us here on earth but for u: it's freedom as with the saints and angels in heaven.

I love you brother!!! now and always

Lighting anoda for my friend who wuld have laid down his life for me. Isioma. Though u've been gone 3 long years i still wake up late at night crying tears; thinkin bout those days we used to play together; laughing while we look foward to better dayz. It's all good now though; better dayz are here bro. i love you bruva.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by toyemz(f): 10:55pm On May 29, 2011
Im lighting a candle for my dad who died 25 jan 2009
without giving me the chance to say goodbye
this candle i rekindle has never died since then
daddy i miss you so much
i need you so much

thanks for watching over us
RIP
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by nanaboi(m): 2:07am On Jul 19, 2011
This is me returniñg here yrs afta startiñg this thread 2 lite a candle 4 my dad whose body slept on April 24, 2010. It's bn a yr alreadi. I miss u evriday, dad.

I lite mo candles 4 Obinna Okpokiri; my youñga couzin, Emeka Ajuonu (urs is a heartbreak); Dr. Emmanuel Ejionye; Mr. Fred Agomuo; Mr. Mbogu & all othaz whose exit have made this yr gloomy. May God rest u all & bless us 2 live right here, we who have yet 2 sojourn 2 the beta side
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by fasa2020(m): 3:11am On Aug 26, 2011
Stumble on this and sees it deemed fit necessary to light candles for those we'd parted due to destiny ! So am lighting a candle here for my lovely friend WASIU, i missed you but i believe God wants and loves you more ! May your perfect soul continue to rest in perfect peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Grizzly(m): 1:34am On Sep 29, 2011
Selfish me. . .seeking out this thread when i lost a loved one. But i'm only human
I ignored this thread all along, didnt know what it was to lose someone

BUT now i come here to light a candle for my DAD who passed away yesterday,
I love you dearly dad, but isnt it obvious who loved and missed you more??
We will meet again in heaven surely, cant wait cry cry cry kiss cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by OgidiBoy(m): 1:38am On Sep 29, 2011
^^^ sorry to hear about your Dad, hang in there I'm sure your Dad is in a much better place now.

It's been a while dude.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mukina2: 6:06am On Sep 29, 2011
Grizzly:

Selfish me. . .seeking out this thread when i lost a loved one. But i'm only human
I ignored this thread all along, didnt know what it was to lose someone

BUT now i come here to light a candle for my DAD who passed away yesterday,
I love you dearly dad, but isnt it obvious who loved and missed you more??
We will meet again in heaven surely, cant wait cry cry cry kiss cry cry
grizz grizz sorry sad
take heart, be strong kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by activist11(m): 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2011

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by chuckdee4(m): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2011
I want to light a candle for my dearest Aunt Louisa who left us almost a year ago.
You are sorely missed but fondly remembered.
God may not have blessed you with the fruit of the womb but u sure touched all your nieces and nephews with the love of a mother.

It hurts me when i think i could have done a little more to make your last days on earth a bit more enjoyable and i pray you find it in your heart to forgive me.

Wherever you are i know one thing, that the good Lord God has blessed you with the gift of eternal life. We all love and miss you and can't wait to see you once again.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by showstopa: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2011
, Lighting a candle for me Dad. Heaven is a much better place and I am glad you are there.
28th September 2011,Rest in Peace Dad, I love you beyond words even though I miss you.
I wished you stayed long enough to see my Son/daughter but please Dad be our angel from up above kiss kiss kiss

And to all the NIgerian doctors all over NIgeria,you have no love from me.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Omoni25(f): 2:03am On Nov 03, 2011
Daddy, you left us on the 28th of January 2011, and words cannot describe how much I miss you, This world is so harsh and so cruel without you and I m having to grow up so fast daddy, As I light this candle for you, it will never dim or fade, my memories of you will always be dear to my heart where you live forever, I love you daddy, I miss you, but I know you re in a better place, I look forward to seeing you again on the last day, Adieu! Daddy till we meet again! I love you,
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Warfibabe(f): 1:49pm On Nov 05, 2011
I light a candle for my dearest dad who passed on 18 july 2010 while we all surrounded him and i held him all thru d night. . Still in tears for you dear daddy. . Cus u left just wen things were starting to get better for us after so many years of suffering and poverty. . R.i.p Mr Omatsola Ejegidi. . You will forever remain in our hearts. . . . . I also light a candle to my dearest friend Odirin emebradu who passed on in oct 2006 at 24. . Few days to his brother's wedding. . You are so sorely missed. . R.i.p my dear friend. . Another candle for my grandmum who passed on in august 2006. . Yet another one for my little cousin who passed in august 2011. . After developing severe infections due to flood invasion at their home in lagos. . You were so young (1 plus) but you brought so much joy to us all. . . And lastly i light a candle for a dear friend Judia Enisuoh. . Who passed on in oct 2011. . R.i.p my dear friend and sister. . Still in shock. .
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Rhapsody1(f): 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
I never knew I will be posting so soon on NL or that it will be on this thread. I have been a guest on this forum for 3 years now but only registered few days ago.

My father-in-law died this morning.

Am still in shock without even realizing it cos I gotta be strong for hubby. Last time I saw you was at my wedding almost a year ago. We have been talkin on phone since and one of your favorite line whenever I call is to tell me that I have forgotten you even though the calls could not have been more than 2 weeks apart. Last week when you started feeling down, I called you and asked if you were thinking. Your answer still brings a smile to me. You said that as a man, you are supposed to think (told hubby you are very funny), and I told you to leave that to us kids to do. You promised you would henceforth. Two nights ago after your check up, we asked you to comply strictly to doctor's prescription and you consented but added that your wife should start petting you. Of course we laughed at that. You also told hubby that he will play your role in a family celebration we were all looking forward to next month to which we promptly disagreed with you, I even told you that you are yet to see your grand kids. I do not think you heard me cos you moved on to another subject.

Then yesterday morning, hubby sent me a text that your sugar level has gone up to 441 and that your bp was 160/80. I immediately called Mumsi and then spoke with you. You assured me you have accepted to be admitted and promised to be a good patient (you always listened to me even when you refuse to listen to anyone). That was the last I spoke with you. I had promised to call back later but when hubby did, we were told you were asleep. Only for us to be woken up around past 3am today with the awful news. I could not cry, was just shaking uncontrollably (in a normal situation, hubby would have been concerned since I almost never feel cold by his standards). For the first time, I saw my husband cry today. He has gone to the village, am home alone. Then I remembered this thread and here am I, lighting this candle for you.

You made an unforgettable impression on me the first time I met you. I came to visit hubby in 2003 I think. You left what you were doing and spent quiet some time with me gisting. Twas the first time the parent of a friend did that to me (and I promised myself afterwards that I will always get to know my kids' friends, possibly become their friends too). You were fun that day. Next few visits (that tend to be almost a year apart) had you trying to matchmake hubby and I. Told you that we were just great pals but I knew you were serious. When I finally visited again in 2008 as his babe, the one thing that helped me settle and flow with the family was my already established relationship with you. Thank you for this awesome son of yours who doubles as my best friend and husband. Thank you for truly taking me in as your daughter.

I regret you will not see your  grand kids. I had good plans for you. You would have liked them. I was looking forward to seeing you next month at Lag, now its your remains I will be seeing soon. Its still a rude shock. A very rude shock indeed.

I will miss you. Truly. Will tell the kids about you when they come. Some parents would have been pressuring for grand kids but in certain ways, you acted like a white man. The recent stuff with my job that prompted Mumsi to mention me during your prayers had you calling me few weeks ago. You said,"I asked her whether it was MY OWN RHAPSODY! (was so touched by the highlighted)" and you promptly called to reassure yourself that I was ok. You will be sorely missed.

Good night Dad! Adieu!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by pslm23(f): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2012
Lighting a candle in memory of our dear courageous friend PERX,  She will be laid to rest today.

SOMEWHERE

Somewhere beyond the sunsets end
The skies are bright and fair
No shadows dim, no darkness falls
The land is peaceful there

Someone with the power to heal
To guide and understand
Is waiting there to claim our fears
And take us by the hand

So when a dear one heeds the call
Our hearts should be at rest
For there beyond the rainbow end
A loving God knows best

RIP Princess, Always remember that you were greatly loved and will be sorely missed!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by echobee(f): 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2012
i light a candle for my friend, brother, father, husband,luv and my 2nd half, who left this sinful world on 3rd of oct 2010. rest in peace.though u fought to survive, but u never made it.u re been missed dearly.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2012
Lightning a candle for my colleague, Mrs. Voke who passed ☺ƞ after childbirth. We see Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ in чυя precious little jewel everyday.

Τ̅☺ my friend and uncle, Chief Dan Ede Agege. Rest papa.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 09, 2012
Gosh, I sympathize with everyone who has lost someone. Reading this thread makes me feel soooo sad. May God give you all the strength to get over your losses.

I light a candle for my dad who died on the 9th of December, 2006 (The day my elder sister got married.)
Daddy, hmm. (I'll just stop here because if I were to continue, I'd fill up a whole page).
I hope you are resting in the bosom of the Lord. Please rest well. cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by ng4am(f): 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2012
Am lighting a candle to my dearest mum who slept in the lord on the 23rd of july 1997, though I was quite young but can still rem great love towards us, I know u were scare daddy dat daddy can't do with like other thought but he disappointed them cos he is a great dad, he didn't disappoint u, though he remarried but he never stopped talking abt u, missed so much cos there was no motherly figure in our life but in all we thank God cos he know best. Rest in peace mum.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by naanmin(f): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2012
Lighting a candle for my father who slept in the Lord on the 13th of June 2007. sad . It was a painful and unforgetable day! Sleep on Dad till we meet to part no more. I Love you and you are sorely missed! cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by kemiola89(f): 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2012
i light here eight candles in memory of my beloved ones starting with my grandpa who died on february 2nd 2007, you make me believe life is not worth the stress, i will keep missing you till we meet someday, 2nd candle for my aunt who died on march 5th 2007, 3rd 4 my friend's mum who died 2009, 4th for my uncle who also died 2009, 5th for my mums sister who died 2011 after two years of pains, the sixth and seventh for my neigbour and friend who died dis year january, may your souls continue to rest in perfect peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Simplykay(f): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2012
I light a candle for my big uncle Alex. A man among men,a man who would give without expecting anything in return. I appreciate all you did to make sure I got a good PPA during my service year. I pray we meet again.;(
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 26, 2012
i lyt a candle 4 m 2nd mum,ur voice was so sweet ova d fne,d way u lafd wv m nd crackd jokes d last tym we spoke .i wsh i got 2 c u just 1ns or u got 2 c d kds i nd tochukwu plannd ul c nd name.ilu mum.ul always b in m hrt.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by omoharry(f): 1:49pm On May 18, 2012
I am lighting this candle for my dear and wonderful indian friend SUDARD PRADYUT.It came as a big shock when your dealth was announced inOct 2011.I could not forgive my self for not reconciling with you before your demise.i could remember vividly on yahoo chat telling you not to buzz me again, thinking that the hand of death would not smell your side.
You were a very kind man above all men i have encountered, a selfless, kind and very intelligent individual.why would death ever come your way all,i wonder some times but i later realize that death comes to all us but at what time and age is wht make it different.
Each time i close from work passing through your formal place, memories kept creeping in of our good time together.Stay in the lord, Das.

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by nikkyshyne(f): 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
My dear mum. I light a candle for you. You remain in our hearts. Folu is a big girl now. Am sure u can see that. *wink wink*

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here / A Mother Referred Her 16 Years Old Daughter To The Family Planning Clinic / Woman With Baby Sits In The Middle Of Road Around Lagos Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.