Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,190 members, 7,916,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 03:19 AM

12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging (69885 Views)

Leo Anuforo Assassinated In Imo By Gunmen (Graphic Photos) / 55-Year-Old Man Killed In Imo By Known Persons (Graphic Photos) / Tribal Marks Save 6-Year-Old Boy From Being Sold In Imo By Cameroonian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Enemyofpeace: 1:46am On Feb 12, 2020
Nigerians no dey even fair death again

I love you dominique
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by blank(f): 2:30am On Feb 12, 2020
In Nigeria, mental health is treated with levity and people always poking fun at it. Imagine how hard it would have been for him as a kid to get the help he required.

It's not his aunt's fault. She could have been the best parent to him but that did not solve his issue.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Nobody: 3:41am On Feb 12, 2020
magicminister:
While I suspect foul play, I admire the courage of the brave man. Suicide is never the answer to I respect the courage of those that kill themselves. While most people fear death, there are some people that wholeheartedly accept it.

Having said that, I urge the NPF to investigate his death. Did he stand to gain any huge inheritance?
Was there any form of sexual abuse?

We live in a sick world. Before concluding suicide, please do your due diligence.
I still don't understand how taking one's own life can be a function of courage. Most people who do that believe that there's nothing to live for and nothing to lose after doing it. Those beliefs can result from or are concretized by a preconceived notion of the inexistence of an afterlife (hell or heaven), so they more or less "run away" -- from life's challenges toward "nothingness". Courage is not defined anywhere as "running away from challenges" , it is pretty much the opposite. Giving up is not courage. So I don't understand how courage can be attributed to suicide, it beats me.

Being afraid of death isn't a good thing, but commending suicidal acts by attributing courage to it would only lead to more suicides. When depressed and suicidal people come across such comments, they'd take comfort in that and see more reasons to commit suicide, instead of being encouraged to see reasons to live and stay alive. Think about it!
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by SamUnbeatable(m): 5:26am On Feb 12, 2020
even a child felt the heat and opted out willingly. he lack understanding that life is a gift and u av to cherish it and make the most out of it.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Donniest22(m): 5:45am On Feb 12, 2020
Suicide isn't the best option
Now he has to answer the Almighty before descending to hell

But I think it's murder not suicide

Rip to the dead[color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by ATTemi: 6:33am On Feb 12, 2020
King Solomon.
U think say u wise!
digitaltrades:
Why is it that most of those commiting suicide are Southerners?
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Godwin2am(m): 6:39am On Feb 12, 2020
we all need Jesus Christ as our saviour
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by justphillips(m): 6:49am On Feb 12, 2020
RIP to the little boy.

Family is the cause of most suicides in Nigeria.

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by bolinjkezzy(m): 7:18am On Feb 12, 2020
12 years old me don't have any problem than eating and playing, I didnt even realize my parents was poor until I was 18. What could have prompted a 12 years old to commit suicide? My thoughts are with his family.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 12, 2020
Rip to him... Cant imagine what's going on in his head
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Ajibade123(m): 7:29am On Feb 12, 2020
Always check your n people around you depression is real
see ways to deal with depression and anxiety https://explicitsuccess.com/dealing-with-depression-and-anxiety-in-college/
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Ajibade123(m): 7:29am On Feb 12, 2020
Always check your n people around you depression is real
see ways to deal with depression and anxiety https://explicitsuccess.com/dealing-with-depression-and-anxiety-in-college/
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Gabriella6250(f): 7:59am On Feb 12, 2020
There are still many people out there who are suicidal imagine been giving a deadline to refund money back to a customer after your bank account was hacked. Deadline expires next tomorrow and you say suicide isn't the option it's the only reasonable option so far

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Slimdada(m): 8:01am On Feb 12, 2020
I know that feeling, I have been there when I lost my both parents at a very tender age
It took Gods grace,my maternal relations help that made me still be alive today,life's fvvvked when your Mother dies at a very young age....
It hurts more than stings from a thousand bees...
Rip kasarachi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 12, 2020
If only there was a functional social protection and child support services in Nigeria.

Sorry child, your country failed you
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Oladipovictor: 8:26am On Feb 12, 2020
God help us o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Oladipovictor: 8:27am On Feb 12, 2020
God help us o angry grin
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Pheelz2020(m): 8:32am On Feb 12, 2020
so sad
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Coolcalmcollect(m): 9:23am On Feb 12, 2020
what an evil aunt he had, if a 12yrs can prefer killing himself Dan having to live with his aunt, den there's a story.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by dohyinsohlah(m): 9:41am On Feb 12, 2020
Heartbreaking....

Rest on brave one
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by esthervera(f): 10:17am On Feb 12, 2020
Poor boy,he must have been so lonely,depressed and feel emptiness inside him,so sorry d society couldn't figure u out b4 u take ur life.RIP
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 12, 2020
Chai me I won't lie sometimes I just hope for death but I don't know why I am so scared of suicide. RIP poor boy.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by NwaIgboBoy(m): 11:31am On Feb 12, 2020
and someone will tell me that it will be well with APC abi?
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Dronions(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
[color=#550000]Who knows the depression this little lad was undergoing........... Chai what a pity, Rest in Peace Dear pray u reunite with your parents[/color ]
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Mkamaldeen442: 2:19pm On Feb 12, 2020
The boy must have had enough
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Dorlarphor10: 4:07pm On Feb 12, 2020
Realfrankie:

Most people that commit suicide are not ordinary, there's always a spirit controlling them

Cos a sane human being will NEVER kill his/her self no matter how difficult the standard of living may be

This is not about the standard of living. The boy actually feel devastated by the death of his mother which nobody can replace for her. This has happen to me before and I know the feelings. The only solution I got is knowing who I am in Christ Jesus and knowing that our life here on earth is not the real life ( just temporal) but heaven is the real deal.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Dorlarphor10: 4:10pm On Feb 12, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:
what an evil aunt he had, if a 12yrs can prefer killing himself Dan having to live with his aunt, den there's a story.

This is not about his aunty sincerely, do you know want it's means to feel empty by loosing love one. Only the person that have experience such loss can tell.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Realfrankie(m): 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2020
Dorlarphor10:

This is not about the standard of living. The boy actually feel devastated by the death of his mother which nobody can replace for her. This has happen to me before and I know the feelings. The only solution I got is knowing who I am in Christ Jesus and knowing that our life here on earth is not the real life ( just temporal) but heaven is the real deal.

Good words cool
the Lord is your strength
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by Jasper255(m): 11:55am On Feb 14, 2020
Death is not always the best solution, suicide is a sin unto God, for you don't own your life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Imo By Hanging by oboy81: 4:24pm On May 02, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

Depression got no age bracket. I'm so sorry for the young innocent boy.

people are really suffering so much under buhari and APC.
The bolded is not accurate enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oklahoma Man Cut Out His Neighbor's Heart And Cooked It With Potatoes (Photos) / Lady Beats Man That Stole Her Phones In A Bank In Ibadan (Photos) / Woman Goes Topless To Publicly Fight Another Lady After An Argument. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.