Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? (1956 Views)

Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? / The Tribes Of Nigeria Are Fake. / Adultery By The Wife; Death Of The Kids,husband And The Tribes Of Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by larimo(m): 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2010
Recently Orji Uzor Kalu spoke about what he admires in the Yorubas that the Igbos don't have. While i will not debate about that, its very rare to hear that in Naija. Often than not, we hear Nigerians speak about the ills of different tribes and ethnicities and it has always been counter-productive.

Why not re-direct these energies in talking out what makes other tribes or ethnicities thick and how we can exploit them for the growth of Naija?? smiley wink

I admire the Igbos for their creativity.
I admire the Berom people of Jos for their peaceful nature
I admire the Yorubas for their academic prowess and excellence.
I admire the Edos for their frank talk and intelligence. I remember the times of old when quizzes when broadcast on national TV and the students from Edo were always on top grin grin! They are also always bold.

Lets be positive! Lets hear more!!!! tongue grin cheesy wink smiley

Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by jason12345: 12:22am On Dec 15, 2010
i admire igbos for their intelligence and motivative spirit.
i admire the yorubas because of their culture, language and heritage. also, their liberal and accommodating nature is admirable.
i admire the hausas for their honest nature and spiritualism (but they take it over board at times tongue).
i admire the ijaws because they are just nice people (although, i have only met two)
btw, my brother is married to an edo lady and i can testify that she makes him the happiest man alive. since they got married, they have grown from strength to strength. my other brother is also married to an hausa lady (half hausa/half french but more to the hausa side) and she is also as lovely.

(i think i would go for the igbo ladies wink just to balance the equation grin grin grin.)

all in all, every ethnic group is blessed!!! smiley
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by larimo(m): 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2010
jason12345:

i admire igbos for their intelligence and motivative spirit.
i admire the yorubas because of their culture, language and heritage. also, their liberal and accommodating nature is admirable.
i admire the hausas for their honest nature and spiritualism (but they take it over board at times tongue).
i admire the ijaws because they are just nice people (although, i have only met two)
btw, my brother is married to an edo lady and i can testify that she makes him the happiest man alive. since they got married, they have grown from strength to strength. my other brother is also married to an hausa lady (half hausa/half french but more to the hausa side) and she is also as lovely.

(i think i would go for the igbo ladies wink just to balance the equation grin grin grin.)

all in all, every ethnic group is blessed!!! smiley

Great one!

But why aren't people posting here C'mon guys, lets hail Naija!
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by larimo(m): 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
C'mon people! 39 views and only 2 posts! C'mon and lets appreciate our diversity!
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by excanny: 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2010
I admire the ogonis, my favorite minorities. I see them as friends both in peace and in war. I might learn your language if i got time on my hands.
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by medjai(m): 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2010
If I werent from Edo state I'd be Ibo. Ever since I served in Abia state, my life has not remained the same. I've since adopted Ibo as my second tribe(despite my mom being Yoruba) and Abia and my 2nd state. I love Ibo. I love their hospitality, unity, humour, lifestyle and everything else. I think you've to live amongst them to know them, they are the best!
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by emofine(f): 12:20am On Dec 18, 2010
hhhm if the stereotyping is positive is it still acceptable undecided

Okay for once I will indulge in the labeling

Yoruba: academic exellence; these people are obssesed with education as an anorexic is obssessed with their calorie intake tongue

Hausa: gentle and simple people smiley

Igbo: industious and sharp  wink

Fulani:unrivalled beauty  cheesy

Niger Deltans: resilience  smiley kiss

Kanuris: beautiful history cool

And if you do not confom to any of the above or I left you out I still luv ya kiss
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by AndreUweh(m): 12:26am On Dec 18, 2010
@the poster: this sort of thread surely exist.
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by switdick(m): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2010
i admire the igbos for their cleanliness,confidence(,boldness),determination,quietness,etc etc etc,
the yorubas hmmmmm! nuffin really,just that their women are quit submissive to their men,
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 10:27am On Dec 18, 2010
larimo:

Recently Orji Uzor Kalu spoke about what he admires in the Yorubas that the Igbos don't have. While i will not debate about that, its very rare to hear that in Naija. Often than not, we hear Nigerians speak about the ills of different tribes and ethnicities and it has always been counter-productive.

Why not re-direct these energies in talking out what makes other tribes or ethnicities thick and how we can exploit them for the growth of Naija?? smiley wink

I admire the Igbos for their creativity.
I admire the Berom [/b]people of Jos for their [b]peaceful nature
I admire the Yorubas for their academic prowess and excellence.
I admire the Edos for their frank talk and intelligence. I remember the times of old when quizzes when broadcast on national TV and the students from Edo were always on top grin grin! They are also always bold.

Lets be positive! Lets hear more!!!! tongue grin cheesy wink smiley
@Bolded shocked shocked shocked ,anyway,thats ur opinion abt them but ask me abt them and what comes to my mind is the opposite.
@Topic,The Itsekiris for better and good food. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by ijawgirl: 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2010
I love Igbos smiley
the best thing abt Igboland=their women wink
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2010
I'd like to learn more about the minority groups like itsekiris, ijaws, efik, ibibio, nupe, edo etc.
Ijaw men first, dem too fine. haba! kiss kiss
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 1:33am On Dec 19, 2010
larimo:

Great one!

But why aren't people posting here C'mon guys, lets hail Naija!
Wrong Topic Mate!!!

Comments woulda flooded in the bucketload had your thread read "Why Do You Hate About Other Tribes In Nigeria?"
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by onila(f): 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2012
hausa and fulani-the beauty of the hausas
Re: Beauty In Diversity: What Do You Admire In Other Tribes Of Nigeria? by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2012
I love the Yorubas for their flashy parties.
I love the Hausas for their Honesty.
I love Benin and the Ekoi groups for their peaceful nature.
I love the Igbos for their creative minds.

(1) (Reply)

Black Man N The White Man / Are You Man Enough? See What You MUST Do Before Marrying A 2nd Wife In Pakistan / Name 10 Traditional Rulers In Nigeria(quiz)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.