Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,010 members, 7,976,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 01:49 PM

Nigerian Army Speaks On Killing Of Man Over N50 Cooked Egg - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Army Speaks On Killing Of Man Over N50 Cooked Egg (493 Views)

Cultists Go On Killing Spree In Kogi State University / Conductor Strips Unclad To Fight A Passenger Over N50 In Edo State. / Driver Refuses To Follow Rivers Policemen To Station Over N50 Bribe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Speaks On Killing Of Man Over N50 Cooked Egg by eldeens: 9:24am On Feb 12, 2020
The military in Jos, Plateau State on Tuesday denied that its personnel were involved in the torturing and killing of a man, Benjamin Izang, at Tina Junction, Jos over N50 cooked egg.
The Special Task Force Commandant, Major General Augustine Agundu, stated this during a press conference in Jos in respect of some persons suspected to be involved in communal crisis in Plateau State.

Nigerian Army speaks on killing of man over N50 cooked egg
By The Eagle Online- February 12, 2020

The military in Jos, Plateau State on Tuesday denied that its personnel were involved in the torturing and killing of a man, Benjamin Izang, at Tina Junction, Jos over N50 cooked egg.
The Special Task Force Commandant, Major General Augustine Agundu, stated this during a press conference in Jos in respect of some persons suspected to be involved in communal crisis in Plateau State.

Agundu said stories on the issue were fake as his men were not involved in the death and urged the people to confirm stories before peddling them.

The response was made the day the late Benjamin was buried amid tears.
On Friday the Izang family had cried out for justice following his alleged torture to death by some military men.

The elder brother of the deceased, James Izang, said his brother was tortured after he had a misunderstanding with an egg seller.
James said: “I was at home that night when my younger brother rushed in to tell me that military men of the OPSH were beating Benjamin at the junction.

“We hurried there and discovered he had been released but neighbours told us that he was beaten severely by the military men and they could not go close for fear of being beaten as well.

Nigerian Army speaks on killing of man over N50 cooked egg
By The Eagle Online- February 12, 2020

Agundu said stories on the issue were fake as his men were not involved in the death and urged the people to confirm stories before peddling them.

The response was made the day the late Benjamin was buried amid tears.
On Friday the Izang family had cried out for justice following his alleged torture to death by some military men.

The elder brother of the deceased, James Izang, said his brother was tortured after he had a misunderstanding with an egg seller.

James said: “I was at home that night when my younger brother rushed in to tell me that military men of the OPSH were beating Benjamin at the junction.

“We hurried there and discovered he had been released but neighbours told us that he was beaten severely by the military men and they could not go close for fear of being beaten as well.

“We rushed back home when we were told a good Samaritan took him home and met him lying on the floor screaming for help.
“I made an attempt to lift him up and discovered that his legs were completely broken.
“It was then I realised we needed to take him to the hospital.

“Unfortunately, while preparing to go to the hospital, my brother breathed his last and gave up.”

James said that his late brother’s friend, who was an eyewitness, had said Benjamin was whisked away from a relaxation spot, Las Vegas, at Tina Junction, by the operatives after he had a misunderstanding with an egg seller over a N50 cooked egg.

He said that trouble started after a quarrel ensued between Benjamin and the egg seller over the price of an egg he allegedly broke.
He said the egg was initially bought by a customer but rejected by the person after Benjamin broke it for him.

After the initial buyer of the egg rejected it, Benjamin was then left with no option than to buy it but upon delay in paying the money, argument ensued between him and the seller, which led to a fight between them.
James said he was told that the seller called personnel of OPSH who took Benjamin away to torture him in public and thereby caused his death.

James said the military were not being sincere in the matter, adding that after the incident, some top officials of the military in Jos paid a condolence visit to the family.

Re: Nigerian Army Speaks On Killing Of Man Over N50 Cooked Egg by Ogbunigwe2018: 9:37am On Feb 12, 2020
Military again
Re: Nigerian Army Speaks On Killing Of Man Over N50 Cooked Egg by Jabioro: 9:58am On Feb 12, 2020
The high rank officers had to hold conference to denied it..but those people who saw them had no access to news conference therefore we shouldn't believe what they saw..low epp soldiers..

(1) (Reply)

Modern Slavery: Oyo To Receive Lebanon-based Indigene Put Up For Sale / Beware Of These Account On Facebook:_ Princess Chioma Covey, Loveth Umufo Oghale / Ugandan Police Arrest Nigerian Drug Trafficker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.