Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:15 AM

Union Bank Is On Strike? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Union Bank Is On Strike? (7679 Views)

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by Carlc: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2010
Some people should learn to talk with their senses. In the first page of this thread, one consultmartins guy that says he is an info marketer was talking rubbish. I would tell u d problems in clear and simple terms.

1. Bad management, from Funke osibodu and d entire board

2. sanusi is an accomplice because he has refused to talk because they are his people

3. she takes money home from the bank evry week (no her money o!, bank money)

4. slashed workers salary

5. put her people in top position and increase their pay, am talkin 100%

6. Deposited money in anoda nigerian bank and abroad in her daughters account

7. all the members of the board are owing the bank non perfornong loan running into billions and sanusi has refused to talk. but that was the offence he charged barth ebong with, even though he gave the bad loans to businesses that didnt belong to him. (check punch 16 december)

if union bank staff dont do what they are doing now,one day we would wake up and the woman would run away with all the money.

And for your info, forget their old fashioned life, they are amongst the 1st three strongest banks in Nigeria.

Thats it Nairalanders,

Yours Naijaleaks
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by ladys1(f): 10:37am On Dec 16, 2010
The women is really sucking the bank dry, slash staff salary every month, reduce their allowances, bring in her own people to be top mgt without having any banking experience, and Sanusi is not saying anything because he bought her in. I do not blame the workers on gooing on strike, they need to to deal wit her if Sanusi will not.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by bibelo: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2010
Tanx @ kafanchan and carl c.atleast am not d only one dat knows abt her activities and how first bank is benefiting.@scoro 99 and x-facteria u guys may b insiders but u dont know if am also an insider?4get d mumbo jumbo they say and write down for u alot of things are going on underground which u are not aware of.when she was appointed alot of pips hailed her appointment but some months later it showed she sef no beta pass those whey dem comot,when pips started grumbling her PR swung into action,went to silverbird put togeda an advert and started singing her praises to d high heavens abi u no watch STV 2mths ago.b4 we talk jack robinson she was nominated for silverbird man of the year.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by Chookym(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2010
@iyatrustee. what u said is the reask truth. That the koko of the strike
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by abbyode(m): 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2010
Hello guys,

I just heard the strike has now been called off,
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by okpeolofu(m): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2010
@abbyode are sure of this information? This will be really great if it's true.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by tulaland: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2010
is this true, have they called it off? pls this info is important 2 me o, their strike is delaying my salary!!!
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by kafanchan: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2010
Their ATMs have started working, I think they have resumed. But I pray the government ( I dont mean CBN) should look into the root of this matter.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by iyatrustee(f): 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2010
Strike called off cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by RASHKID(m): 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2010
Well said,i think it is the good thing that can ever happen to Nigeria Bank.Union bank need to have gone on strike longtime ago but they went dialoguing with Funke Osibodu's team that are only bothered with milking Union bank.
These are some of the reasons for the strike.
1-Salary slashing-which is not competitive with any other bank.
2-No promotion for 6yrs.
3-Non payment of gratuity for those concerns.
4-AGM meeting taking to Maiduguri due to malpractices on the part of Exco's.
Truly Union bank need reformation but the management must do the needful,send staffer with 20yrs and above home and pay them,then recruits young ones and the sky is the beginning.
Let's find out fact before criticising people.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by dotmana1: 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2010
osasyankee.I can see that you have no reason to be on this forum.You neva made any meaningful /reasonable contributions on this Topic yet you abuse.This shows the knid of person u are.Since u av nothing sensible to contribute please keep reading not a single clique.
As to X-Factor and bibelo 9ice one .Back to work.TIME IS MONEY.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by ifeci: 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2010
Quote from: bibelo on December 15, 2010, 07:37 AM
Most of u do not know d politics involved.let me give a few hints to the problems.1 union bank is d major competitor to first bank where sanusi comes from 2.union bank does charge ridiculous charges your new generation banks such as the gtbs charge.3.they want to kill bank by retrenching d best brains of d bank and hiring people frm failed banks in place of them which accounts for d poor services u are recieving cos b4 d retrenchment union bank was d best administratively which sanusi can attest to.4.madam osibodu is milking d bank resources by collecting N1 million every friday for the weekend.5 the problem of union bank stated when it acquired broad bank which had no assets at all only liabilities and absolved broad banks staff,also paying them on a scale higher than wat it pays its original staff.6.the retrenched staffs have not bn paid their entitlements despite disengaging and also short paying and the management embezzled the staffs entitlements.THIS IS A FEW OF THE REASONS AND SOME ARE HIGHLY CLASSIFIED

very faulty analysis; probably from som1 outside the banking sector.
Re: Union Bank Is On Strike? by katsim(m): 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2010
na only for nija dis kind tin feet happen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truecaller Acquires Indian Payment Company, Eyes Africa / How Lucrative Is Pure Water Biz In Lagos? / Watch DSTV And IPTV Channels Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.