Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,484 members, 7,920,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:11 PM

When Rap*ists Storm Girls School - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Rap*ists Storm Girls School (2376 Views)

Robbers Storm Banks In Agbara, Ogun / Landlords Storm Police Command, Report Suspected Homosexual Rapist / Ogun Crash Update: OOU Students Storm Mortuary, Snatch Corpses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by bkbabe97y(m): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2010
y Chidi Nkwopara, OWERRI

Students of Owerri Girls Secondary School will not forget November 28, 2010, in a hurry. They woke up like they did in previous days.

advertisement

They concluded all the activities lined up for them by their handlers and retired to their dormitories for the night's rest. None of them, including their teachers, had any inkling of the danger that was lurking in the corner.

Between 1 and 2am, tragedy struck. Some hoodlums attacked the hapless female students of the institution. At the end of the sordid attack, the lucky ones contended with just their stolen personal effects, while five others were mercilessly raped by the invaders!

For these unfortunate five, the trauma occasioned by the ugly incident may linger for a life time! They have to contend with the possibility of being infected with the dreaded HIV virus. While in the school, there is the likelihood that their fellow students may occasionally taunt them as a result of the incident.

An equally traumatized Principal of the institution (Senior Section), Mrs. Pat Uche Obasi, confirmed the ugly story when anxious newsmen called at the school.

She lamented that rapists numbering about 10 stormed her school and succeeded in raping five girls that ill-fated Sunday and escaped following the intervention of officers and men of the Imo State Police Command.

"These boys came from the back of the school premises. They came through a hole they created on the fence, armed with cutlasses, rods and what looked a gun and went into SS3 dormitory," the Principal recounted with grief.

In his own reaction, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) at the New Owerri Police Division, Mr. Okezie Okoroafor, explained that when he got a distress call from the former principal of the school, he quickly mobilized his men and intervened.

According to the DPO, his men were able to rescue the school security officers, whose hands were tied to their legs by the rampaging rapists and assured the students and their parents that security have been beefed up in the school.

Meanwhile, it is an established fact that rape is the crime of forcing a woman or girl to have sexual intercourse against her will. Rape has its legal and socio-cultural implications in the Nigerian context. There are also ways to avoid it.

The President of Youth Enhancement Organisation (YEO), Ambassador Obinna Egbuka, described rape as "an anti-social tendency which brazenly violates the pride of womanhood an. It is completely satanic in all ramifications".

An Owerri based legal practitioner, Mr. Okey Ehieze, gave a lawyer's view on the issue. He said rape is a serious offence under the Nigerian legal system, which carries life sentence on conviction, while an attempt to commit it attracts 14 years jail term.

It was his considered opinion that because of the social implication, rape victims are usually not exposed but quickly added that it does not mean they have no assistance under the laws of the land.

"The primary thing is that the issue of non-consent to the sexual act must be proved. You will also prove penetration in rape cases. When you prove that there was no consent in rape cases and there was penetration, the prosecution will not have any further problem in proving his case".

Mr. Ehieze reminded people who indulge in this unwholesome act that they will end up in jail if they refuse to immediately retrace their step.

While describing rape as "a terrible crime against the nation and womanhood", a female civil servant, Miss Toochukwu Opara, also appealed to her fellow ladies to be on the guard at all times.

"To avoid being raped, ladies or girls should resist the temptation of walking out at night alone, keeping unwholesome company, as well as wearing skimpy dresses that will attract the attention of potential rapists.

What is not too clear at press time is whether the police will ever apprehend the fleeing rapists who stormed Owerri Girls Secondary School. The citizenry will be happy if they do.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/dec/12/309.html
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2010
This is a weird news
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by chyz(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2010
Sad but what else is expected from nigeria?
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Omenani(m): 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2010
Disgusting to say the least. What is the problem with men these days? angry
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by wesley80(m): 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
@chyz, Please tell us the part of Neverland that you live that crime doesnt occur. Please tell us or forever remain dumb.
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by chyz(m): 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2010
wesley80:

@chyz, Please tell us the part of Neverland that you live that crime doesnt occur. Please tell us or forever remain dumb.

I live in the same part of Neverland as Peter Pan and Tinker Bell.
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Mobinga: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2010
Shame. Its sad. But if a normal young guy approaches them, they'll form/ make yanga grin like say tomorrow no dey . . . mschewww tongue Sad though.
Ladies learn. Think free. Give Free grin
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Omenani(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2010
Mobinga:

Shame. Its sad. But if a normal young guy approaches them, they'll form/ make yanga  grin like say tomorrow no dey . . . mschewww  tongue Sad though.
Ladies learn. Think free. Give Free  grin

What is funny about this you sick piece of crap?  angry People like you make me sick.
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Blackteeth(m): 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2010
When I saw the thread starter bkbabe, I knew it had something to do with Igbo land.
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by violent(m): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2010
Mobinga:

Shame. Its sad. But if a normal young guy approaches them, they'll form/ make yanga grin like say tomorrow no dey . . . mschewww  tongue Sad though.
Ladies learn. Think free. Give Free  grin

You are such a rétarded troll, those who trained you up did a piss poor job!
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by wesley80(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2010
@chyz, And what name do u go by? Ok let me guess its the one and only 'Onye Nzuzu' right?
@Mobi,What sort of Gallows Humour is that? U sound like some terrible pervert.
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 14, 2010
angry angry angry is there no ashewo joint in owerri ? atleast.it can't be this bad embarassed embarassed
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by chyz(m): 10:35pm On Dec 14, 2010
wesley80:

@chyz, And what name do u go by? Ok let me guess its the one and only 'Onye Nzuzu' right?

Taaa!
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Mobinga: 10:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
Omenani:

What is funny about this you sick piece of crap?  angry People like you make me sick.
Shut the bleep up jor. . Thrash

violent:

You are such a[b] rétarded[/b] troll, those who trained you up did a piss poor job!
Stop bypassing the word filter you bleeping fool
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Omenani(m): 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2010
Mobinga:

Shut the bleep up jor. . Thrash

No you SOB. How can someone joke about young women, being despoiled? What if they were your sisters or daughters? How would you feel? I don't take my words back you bastardo. I loathe people like you.
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by AkinEgba: 10:52pm On Dec 14, 2010
These owerri people sef lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Mobinga: 10:53pm On Dec 14, 2010
Omenani:

No you SOB. How can someone joke about young women, being despoiled? What if they were your sisters or daughters? How would you feel? I don't take my words back you bastardo. I loathe people like you.
Who cares what you think? This is just a website, if you don't like my comment just pass it and do something else. . . PS Shut the bleep up, you clod.
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by strangerf: 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2010
Something like this will never happen in a morally upright society like Yorubaland

I wonder what Ibo parents are teaching their kids.

I sure hope they restrict these abominable acts to within their conclave, if they try this in the SW, we will bury them alive.

Buncha misfits

Thank God/Chineke/Olodumare/Allah that I am not Ibo

Thanks bkbabe97 for bringing this to our attention
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Mobinga: 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2010
strangerf:

Something like this will never happen in a morally upright society like Yorubaland

I sure hope they restrict these abominable acts to within their conclave, if they try this in the SW, we will bury them alive.

Buncha misfits

Well Said cool
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by AkinEgba: 10:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
strangerf:

Buncha misfits

Are you sure? Or you want make I expose our Yoruba yansh? It takes only a second to do so, so be careful with your self-praise and bigotry.
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by violent(m): 11:03pm On Dec 14, 2010
Stop bypassing the word filter you bleeping fool

What a feeble minded slob.  In such an unbelievable demonstration of perversity, you have just shown to the sane minded ones on here that the world will be much better without a scrotum chewing bed-wetter messing up the gene pool.

Guess what? we all think you are extremely dumb to attempt a dry humor in an unfortunate incident as this,  . . . Get down and kiss my feet thou maggotous portly alien!
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by AkinEgba: 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2010
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by Mobinga: 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
violent:

What a feeble minded slob.  In such an unbelievable demonstration of perversity, you have just shown to the sane minded ones on here that the world will be much better without a scrotum chewing bed wetter polluting the gene pool.

Guess what? we all think you are extremely dumb to attempt a dry humor in an unfortunate incident as this,  . . . Get down and kiss my feet thou maggotous portly alien!

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bitc. . . . . cool
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by AkinEgba: 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2010
''Save us from rapists''- Lautech University students beg Management

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=1971
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by violent(m): 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2010
Mobinga:

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bitc. . . . . cool

I bet you sniff your armpits for fun, you desperate drippy prick
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by strangerf: 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Are you sure? Or you want make I expose our Yoruba yansh? It takes only a second to do so, so be careful with your self-praise and bigotry.

Igbobuigbo, lets be honest with ourselves here ok?

These acts, a registered trademark of young Ibo men irrespective of their social status, ought to be condemned by every sane individual. It seems to me, because of its frequency ,and going by your utterances, that despoiling of young innocent women, which can be likened to the raping of toddlers by HIV positive men in SA, is a cultural thing with the Ibos, not sure why though. Wanna share why?

I am surprised at your response. What is bad is bad. Raping young girls is bad.

Anyway, like I said in my previous post, limit these abhorrent acts to your neck of the wood; any attempt to export these immoral behaviour to other parts of the country would be fiercely restricted
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by AkinEgba: 11:14pm On Dec 14, 2010
The rape of a schoolgirl in Ilesa

Source

THE recent report of the abduction and rape of a young schoolgirl by suspected thugs of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ilesa, Osun State, conveys the extent of barbarism and criminality that characterises partisan politics in our land. The young girl was reportedly ravaged by a gang of party thugs. The act is condemnable. Weeks after the incident, it is scandalous that nothing has been done to bring the assailants to book.

The victim, Miss Tosin Ajakaye, a senior secondary school student, apparently a relation of a supporter of the Action Congress (AC), was allegedly abducted and raped in the course of her ordeal because she refused to give false evidence against an opponent of the incumbent PDP government in the state. The girl and other members of the AC in Ilesa were abducted and allegedly taken to the house of a certain PDP chieftain where they were severely tortured and brutalised.

According to Miss Ajakaye who narrated her horrible ordeal to the police on her sickbed at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), where she was being treated, a member of the PDP in Ilesa forcefully entered her residence located in the Isokun area and gagged her. The man subsequently subjected her to torture and rape. She said she could neither resist nor shout because the rapist completely overpowered her.

After debasing her, he blew a whistle and his accomplices emerged from their hideout around the residence and quickly bundled her into a waiting vehicle outside the house. She was then taken to the residence of a PDP chieftain where she met three other AC members who were said to have been tied to the stakes!

There and then she was stripped naked and her pubic hairs forcefully shaved and forced down her throat. She said that the psychopaths made jest of her and poured dry gin into her private part. When she attempted to shout, they were infuriated and decided to poke her private part with sticks and broken bottle while laughing her to scorn. She said she was released the following day.

There is no doubt that the act as narrated by the victim is odious, shocking and horrifying. It amounts to pathological sadism for supposed human beings to conduct themselves in such savage manner. Certainly, the girl has been traumatised for life and only a methodically administered psychological counseling process would help her recover from the trauma.

When the incident occurred, the State police command quickly swung into action to apprehend the culprits. The police have also declared five other suspects now on the run wanted. We call on the police to spread its dragnet to apprehend all the fleeing rapists. The so-called PDP chieftain in whose house the act was perpetrated should also be arrested and tried.

A situation where party stalwarts run a private police and cells in their homes where their opponents are tortured is detestable. The practice makes nonsense of the principle of democracy and the rule of law. The police should pay extra attention to the activities of party stalwarts and take decisive steps to curtail their excesses.

It is scandalous that PDP supporters are being accused of perpetrating the nefarious act. The PDP supporters in Osun State are apparently taking the laws into their own hands. But this is not really politics; it is madness. The political conflict in Osun State has clearly become dangerous. Life has become brutish in the face of intolerance and bitterness. People are afraid to hold contrary political opinion.

Since the April general elections, Osun State has been turned into a theatre of brigandage. Lives have been lost and property worth millions of naira destroyed. Killing, assassinations and arson have become the order of the day. The situation is unending and is getting out of hand.

The various political parties should call their members to order. The state will not develop in the face of unending political feud. The destruction in the state so far should prick the conscience of all the players so that peace can be given a chance.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/woman-woman/14068-rape-schoolgirl-ilesa.html
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by AkinEgba: 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2010
strangerf:

Igbobuigbo, lets be honest with ourselves here ok?

These acts, a registered trademark of young Ibo men irrespective of their social status, ought to be condemned by every sane individual. It seems to me, because of its frequency ,and going by your utterances, that despoiling of young innocent women, which can be likened to the despoiling of toddlers by HIV positive men in SA, is a cultural thing with the Ibos, not sure why though. Wanna share why?

I am surprised at your response. What is bad is bad. despoiling young girls is bad.

Anyway, like I said in my previous post, limit these abhorrent acts to your neck of the wood; any attempt to export these immoral behaviour to other parts of the country would be fiercely restricted

You are a fool for calling me Igbobuigbo. Here am I, a Yoruba, teaching you how not to be a bigot. Look at the dates of the student ra/pe incidences in the SW above, they all predate the one under discussion in the East. Who knows, it could be atypical (aberrant) Yoruba like you going around despoiling students.
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by jason12345: 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2010
@ akin-egba

inferiority complex will not kill you this igbo man. grin wink

@ yorubas

na wa for you guys ooo!!! instead of u guys to condemn it, you are busy insult your individual intelligence by saying its an igbo thing. stop disgracing yourselves. it can happen in the west also!!!!mo
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by AkinEgba: 12:47am On Dec 15, 2010
jason12345:

@ akin-egba

inferiority complex will not kill you this igbo man.  grin wink

@ yorubas

na wa for you guys ooo!!! instead of u guys to condemn it, you are busy insult your individual intelligence by saying its an igbo thing. stop disgracing yourselves. it can happen in the west also!!!!mo

If only you weren't an eediot, you will have noticed that inferiority complex stays a far distance from me. If only you will stop being a follow-follow leech. If only,

As for ra/pe, it is not a matter of it can happen in the west. It does happen in the West as in the East, South and North. Read my posts above and the one here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-568404.0.html
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by jaygetta(m): 12:54am On Dec 15, 2010
Look at these people o! So this is a case of "what,u called my dad a drug dealer?! But ur uncle sell drugs too now". Awon were!
Re: When Rap*ists Storm Girls School by jason12345: 12:55am On Dec 15, 2010
Akin-Egba:

If only you weren't an eediot, you will have noticed that inferiority complex stays a far distance from me. If only you will stop being a follow-follow leech. If only,

As for ra/pe, it is not a matter of it can happen in the west. It does happen in the West as in the East, South and North. Read my posts above and the one here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-568404.0.html

shattap, you this igbo man pretending to be a yoruba man!!! grin
when you and your likes do this (pretend), it just shows inferiority complex. you might not know it but that is the emotion other people perceive and it stinks to the high heavens!!! how can you be ashamed of yourself! "am from abeokuta", yeah right! its like saying pigs fly!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Killed In Renewed Cult War In Edo State! / Mother Wakes Up Only To Find Her 14-year-old Son Raping Her / Mad Man Caught With Human Parts (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.