Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,326 members, 7,900,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:54 PM

Kobe Bryant's Former Teammate: "Kobe Always Told Me He Wanted To Die Young" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kobe Bryant's Former Teammate: "Kobe Always Told Me He Wanted To Die Young" (902 Views)

PSG Set To Beat City To Messi After Neymar Asked To Bring Former Teammate / Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe / Kobe Bryant Dies In A Helicopter Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kobe Bryant's Former Teammate: "Kobe Always Told Me He Wanted To Die Young" by TheExecutioner: 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2020
NBA Hall of Famer Tracy McGrady opened up about the death of Kobe Bryant, recounting how in the past his friend told him he wanted “to die young.”

[img]https://images./2VguLRiUnSb7l13PuLqmRv.jpg[/img]

McGrady, who retired from the league in 2013, made the stunning revelation Monday on ESPN’s “The Jump.”

“This sounds crazy, but Kobe spoke this, he spoke this,” the 40-year-old shooting guard told host Rachel Nichols, who seemed taken aback.

“He used to say all the time, ‘I want to die young,’ ” he added, while wiping a tear from his face.

Bryant, according to McGrady, would also say, ” ‘I want to be immortalized and, you know, have my career be better than Michael Jordan and I want to die young.’

McGrady said he learned of Bryant’s death Sunday while dancing with his daughter at an event for his wife.

“They came and told me the news and I just couldn’t believe it,” McGrady said. “Just like everybody else, but … I’m devastated.”

Bryant, 41, died on the 26th of January 2020 along with his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, and seven others when his chopper crashed in Calabasas on their way to a youth basketball tournament.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Former Teammate: "Kobe Always Told Me He Wanted To Die Young" by chatinent: 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2020
But seriously, this Koby's trends after his death is really sth else.
Re: Kobe Bryant's Former Teammate: "Kobe Always Told Me He Wanted To Die Young" by Adeoludt(m): 8:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
Re: Kobe Bryant's Former Teammate: "Kobe Always Told Me He Wanted To Die Young" by hisexcellency34: 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2020
Lies
Re: Kobe Bryant's Former Teammate: "Kobe Always Told Me He Wanted To Die Young" by BlackfireX: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2020
Careful what you wish for...
Re: Kobe Bryant's Former Teammate: "Kobe Always Told Me He Wanted To Die Young" by slivertongue: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2020
nonsense!! u sud said it when he was alive
Re: Kobe Bryant's Former Teammate: "Kobe Always Told Me He Wanted To Die Young" by slivertongue: 9:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
, ” ‘I want to be immortalized and, you know, have my career be better than Michael Jordan and I want to die young.’ ”

(1) (Reply)

Forza App / Free Sure Bet9ja Booking Code For Today 29th October 2020 / Premier League Told To Ban Bruno Fernandes' Penalty Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.