Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? (2520 Views)

When The Hope Is Lost With Phcn.......(photo) / Are You Watching NGA/BFA Match With PHCN Or Generator / Problem With Phcn! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by otukpo(f): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2010
Hello Nlders,
This is a cry out to PHCN. What did we do in Okota. We were told that we will be having light 2 days on and one day off. But since early this year, we hardly see light upto 2 hours in four days.
i have come on this forum sometime last year to say that NEPA was trying, but now it is worse. i have never experienced anything like this before.

Pls Nlders, is it the same in your area or has it improved?

Will appreciate your comments.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by okeymadu(m): 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2010
My friend, I must confess the past few weeks have seen PHCN trully holding unto their light. Its been an abysimal performance.

Despite the billions of naira government recently paid to them, yet no show.

I will support government sacking 90% of the workers their that aren't performing or underming the system. We will only fell the negative impact for some months(we are not enjoying light now anyway) and then reap the good reward.

As things are now, nothing will work with the status quo.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2010
I stay in OKOTA too! Its indeed an annoying xperienc infact PHCN shd've its name change frequently 4 improvd services (PHCN emulates AIRTEL), pele o.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
I have dis strong feeling dat SABOTEURS frm a particular tribe are behind dis wicked PHCN.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by slap1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
galek:

I have dis strong feeling dat SABOTEURS frm a particular tribe are behind dis wicked PHCN.
If you continue like this, you won't see any light till you get old.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by 1025: 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2010
our govt is as confused as the phcn. how can our govt be spending a lot of money and at the same time telling us of privatisation? how can u be promising nigerians that we will have steady light next year and at the same time telling us that u want to privatise the company
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nsiman(m): 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
Pls ask the F. G
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nsiman(m): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
Pls ask the F. G
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by manmustwac(m): 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2010
And i was supposed to be coming to nija & staying in okota for xmas.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by blacksta(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
manmustwac:

Ol boy u better hold extra N2500 x No of holidays days for diesel.

or else

na darkness you go celebrate
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by otukpo(f): 12:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
Things are really getting worse. 3,4 yrs ago it was better, late last year, it was bad, we were complaining of not having up to 5 hrs of electricity in a day. But since this year, God help us, we have been in darkness. i can't remember the last time i say NEPA light up to 20 mins in the day time. IT is really terrible and annoying. i wonder if we are also going to spend this christmas in darkness.

PHCN, pls do something.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2010
We're threatening to deal wit PHCN in Okota dis xmas, Dey nid deliveranc frm US!
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nsiman(m): 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2010
Pls handle candle now (PHCN), is growing better to worst. I ve ask a friend in Ak. State if their power plant that was commisioned and switched on by Obj and Gej this august is working, all i heard was politics all the way. "We were given licence to generate power, not to distribute, " The power is generated to the national grid b4 we get our share that is Akpabio. Now where and what is happening in the national grid?
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Dec 16, 2010
@Poster, I suggest you start looking into gaining your independence from PHCN. I understand it is hard but we have been at this long enough to realize it is best for us to move on where we can.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, I suggest you start looking into gaining your independence from PHCN. I understand it is hard but we have been at this long enough to realize it is best for us to move on where we can.

So if you have generator, you dont have to pay NEPA anymore, right?
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2010
manmustwac:

make sure u come and do give me ur add for me to see & know the character behind manmustwac
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

if u really understood her post u would realize that being independent frm PHCN doesnt necessarily mean running on Gen. We have inverters and solar powered system that supply power without noise like a gen
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2010
toba:

if u really understood her post u would realize that being independent frm PHCN doesnt necessarily mean running on Gen. We have inverters and solar powered system that supply power without noise like a gen

My question was independent from her post.
I just asked a simple question. Do people still have to pay NEPA if they run on Gen?
Or are there other source of energy in Nigeria? undecided
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yes, but in this day and age, generator should be used ONLY, I repeat, ONLY for emergencies and not for everyday use like we have going on in most of nigeria. lipsrsealed
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2010
manmustwac:

A one time investment of about $3500 - $5000 at least will ensure that, all things being right, every time you go to Nigeria, for the next 20 or so years, you will have electricity for your use and comfort.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Yes, but in this day and age, generator should be used ONLY, I repeat, ONLY for emergencies and not for everyday use like we have going on in most of nigeria.  lipsrsealed
Apart from the obvious pollution and noise, why shouldnt Gen be used for daily source?
I repeat my question; are there any other source of energy they can use everyday? [apart from lantern and candles].

Kobojunkie:

A one time investment of about $3500 - $5000 at least will ensure that, all things being right, every time you go to Nigeria, for the next 20 or so years, you will have electricity for your use and comfort.
Invest on? PHCN?
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Apart from the obvious pollution and noise, why shouldnt Gen be used for daily source?
Possible HEALTH HAZARD. You ever wonder why the air no longer smells as fresh as it used to? I mean I know there are the dumpsters and the pit toilets/out houses all over the place but I bet the gen fumes dont make things any better.

Ileke-IdI:
I repeat my question; are there any other source of energy they can use everyday? [apart from lantern and candles].

Invest on? PHCN?

Of course I meant investing in Solar power supply on an individual/community basis.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Of course I meant investing in Solar power supply on an individual/community basis.

I coulda had a V8. I forgot about Solar Panels. Oh yes.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2010
lol . . . . seriously, people, especially those abroad with homes in Nigeria, ought to be installing solar now, rather than continuing to complain about how there is no electricity still for them when they go back.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by netotse(m): 11:15pm On Dec 16, 2010
@OP
What you guys can do is organise a meeting between your residents association and your business unit(the distribution folks you pay your bills to), talk to them frankly and ask them what the matter is. . .it just might be something you guys can solve/influence together.

Thing is, they receive a load allocation from their area control which in turn receives an allocation from another area control. If they try to exceed that limit, two things might happen,
1. they'll get away with it and increase the instability in the grid
2. they'll be switched off.

They have constraints within which they have to operate. Talk to them, if you are not satisfied with their response go higher, it's not enough to come on internet forums and complain, they are taking your money aren't they? that gives you the right to ask questions.

Okota is a new(or fairly new) area isn't it? i've been out of touch for a bit so i dont know if there's anything happening that is disrupting power generation. You guys should have a sit down with your distribution folks sha, it usually helps if you can put a face to the people you are dealing with.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 17, 2010
Okota is the most marginalised area of Lagos. So I'm nt surprised at d PHCN epidemic! Lagos State really dont care maybe bkos IGBOs are d dominant residents!
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by otukpo(f): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

In Nigeria, it is not that easy for now.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by netotse(m): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2010
galek:

Okota is the most marginalised area of Lagos. So I'm nt surprised at d PHCN epidemic! Lagos State really dont care maybe bkos IGBOs are d dominant residents!
stop talking trash. . .how do you know okota is the most marginalized? na wa for people o. . .
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by otukpo(f): 9:39am On Dec 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

My question was independent from her post.
I just asked a simple question. Do people still have to pay NEPA if they run on Gen?
Or are there other source of energy in Nigeria? undecided

Yesoooo, Even with all the expenses u incure using a gen, u must still pay NEPA bill at the end of every month. Whether u see a second of electricity or not, their bill must come. Failure to pay, ur light is disconnected. And it means even when their flash of electricity comes, u won't see it.

NEPA is a big burden. Because for now, it is the only major source of power. IT is difficult to run on gen 24/7. Apart from the noise and pollution, there are certain things can't comfortabley do with a gen power except it a lister. And for an average person, that is not possible.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by otukpo(f): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2010
galek:

I don't believe Okota is the most marginalised or it has anything to do with Igbos being dominant in Okota.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by otukpo(f): 9:47am On Dec 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Possible HEALTH HAZARD. You ever wonder why the air no longer smells as fresh as it used to? I mean I know there are the dumpsters and the pit toilets/out houses all over the place but I bet the gen fumes dont make things any better.

For a community, that may be possible but not for an individual.

The solution may be in privatising NEPA or having independent power supply at the state or even national level.
Re: Pls What Is Happening With Phcn? by Kobojunkie: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2010
otukpo:

In Nigeria, it is not that easy for now.

On the contrary, it is easy. I mean the gaining independence, if you can afford it part. It is definitely cheaper than having to put your fate in the hands of a company that has shown, in over 20 decades, that it is not to be relied upon.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Throws Out Zoning Suit Against President Jonathan / 10 Nigerians Who Stole Much More Than Ibori / List Of Lawmakers Who Fought During PDP Rebel Govs’ Visit To National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.