Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:14 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (307321 Views)

Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nchabuomo: 3:34pm On May 22, 2022
Nogymmarts:

there for bsuiness?

Mostly for pleasure. I like to travel as much as finances and time permit me.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nchabuomo: 3:41pm On May 22, 2022
modskiller:

The France, Switzerland and Italy, were they on one visit swoop like you getting a SCHENGEN for one of them and visiting the others??

One thing I learned from your Morocco post is that Morocco is easy to get rather than pay any useless agent.

Then as for going to Morocco I can get a Transit visa of Turkey �� (Kindly advise if possible) when I go via Turkish Airlines.

Also if one can get a Transit Visa for Holland or France or UK, can one choose any of KLM, Airfrance or Virgin Atlantic (please advise)

Also check your email. I sent you a DM

Something like that, I hold a multiple-entry Schengen visa. Most of the Schengen States weren't done at a go. For example, Croatia was in January, and Switerzland was in March. As someone who travels on a Nigerian passport, I try to ensure that I always have an active UK, US or Canada visa. It helps with issues of transit.

When travelling, I also try to opt for the most direct flight. It saves one headache, so for Morroco, I would recommend Royal Air Morroco as it takes you directly to the kingdom without any layovers.

If you have a US, Canada, UK or Schengen visa, I think you can do an e-visa for turkey as a Nigerian passport holder.

I hope this helps.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by modskiller(m): 4:20pm On May 22, 2022
Nchabuomo:

Something like that, I hold a multiple-entry Schengen visa. Most of the Schengen States weren't done at a go. For example, Croatia was in January, and Switerzland was in March. As someone who travels on a Nigerian passport, I try to ensure that I always have an active UK, US or Canada visa. It helps with issues of transit.

When travelling, I also try to opt for the most direct flight. It saves one headache, so for Morroco, I would recommend Royal Air Morroco as it takes you directly to the kingdom without any layovers.

If you have a US, Canada, UK or Schengen visa, I think you can do an e-visa for turkey as a Nigerian passport holder.

I hope this helps.

Mehn! shocked shocked shocked

Don’t even know what to say right now.

Can you please share how you did the Croatia and Switzerland with the steps like you did for Morocco.

You’re very well experienced and would make a good reference when one needs an idea or two.

I duff my hat o

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 22, 2022
Nchabuomo:

Mostly for pleasure. I like to travel as much as finances and time permit me.

OOH. GREAT
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by AlphaTaikun: 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
WhyNa:
Now Turkey was going to be a little bit more expensive but I couldn't go to SA.

I had set a timeline for myself to leave Nigeria in February 2020. I didn't want to be 30 here so I pushed.

I joined the Turkey visa group on nairaland and started familiarising myself with the visa process. By then, I had decided to apply for a study leave at work so that if in 3 months, I didn't get something, I would quietly return back to work.

Note that all this search and decision making took months. Trust me when I said I lost sleep. I did thorough research. The good thing was, I was saving up during this period.

Now in all my search, I always looked at the prospect of staying back after CELTA, the immigration laws and the job market.. It was going to be my first time outside Nigeria and I sure as hell didn't want no hiding or illegal stuff.

I found out that the job market in Turkey wasn't so much. I was discouraged but willing to give it a try.

Again, I had just one issue..... staying back after CELTA and how fast I can get a job
Insightful.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Vision202: 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2022
Please is anyone schooling or know anyone at THAI NGUYEN UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY? I just need some clarifications from anyone schooling there.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Vision202: 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2022
How are you whyna? I trust you are doing great. Please give us update concerning situation of things in Vietnam. Thanks

And any other persons staying/schooling in Vietnam should please give update just to keep the thread moving.

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2022
Vision202:
How are you whyna? I trust you are doing great. Please give us update concerning situation of things in Vietnam. Thanks

And any other persons staying/schooling in Vietnam should please give update just to keep the thread moving.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Vision202,

Yes I'm doing great.

Apologies to everyone for not writing sooner.

Everything is back to normal.

It's summer now and yesterday was the hotest so far! Like blazing hot, skin frying, hot air ( of the little blowing) kinda hot. I was sweating like a christmas goat in class after I decided to do fit fam and trek It was early morning oo. 7:30am.

By afternoon when my friend came to pick me with car, the journey from an AC lit classrom, down the stairs, to the car, plus the wait for the car AC to pick up saw me sweating profusely again. My friend that sat in the car and drove reached home and applied lotion on her face that sun burned her undecided undecided undecided

Anyways, that's how hot it was/is in summer here. Last year was milder I think.....or because i was always indoors due to covid I didn't notice? Anyways.....

On teaching, things are back to normal now like I mentioned before. Schools are on summer break but thank God for Centers aka Lesson grin grin grin

I'm back to teaching everyday. Phew.....it's a huge relief from not being able to teach for one year!

Now i get to hear funny names like Cat, Chipmunk, Dream, Spiderman and the likes angry angry and listen to some of their funny accent and way of asking What's your name cheesy cheesy cheesy I (Washyourlame in a sing song) grin grin

Still maintained some of my online classes too which is good.

That's bascically it....People go around without masks now....some. The fear has reduced or is forgotten sef.

For those coming in, no more quarantine but you still get to do the covid test because of course we're from Africa.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by BunmiBie: 10:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
WhyNa:

Hi Vision202,

Yes I'm doing great.

Apologies to everyone for not writing sooner.

Everything is back to normal.

It's summer now and yesterday was the hotest so far! Like blazing hot, skin frying, hot air ( of the little blowing) kinda hot. I was sweating like a christmas goat in class after I decided to do fit fam and trek It was early morning oo. 7:30am.

By afternoon when my friend came to pick me with car, the journey from an AC lit classrom, down the stairs, to the car, plus the wait for the car AC to pick up saw me sweating profusely again. My friend that sat in the car and drove reached home and applied lotion on her face that sun burned her undecided undecided undecided

Anyways, that's how hot it was/is in summer here. Last year was milder I think.....or because i was always indoors due to covid I didn't notice? Anyways.....

On teaching, things are back to normal now like I mentioned before. Schools are on summer break but thank God for Centers aka Lesson grin grin grin

I'm back to teaching everyday. Phew.....it's a huge relief from not being able to teach for one year!

Now i get to hear funny names like Cat, Chipmunk, Dream, Spiderman and the likes angry angry and listen to some of their funny accent and way of asking What's your name cheesy cheesy cheesy I (Washyourlame in a sing song) grin grin

Still maintained some of my online classes too which is good.

That's bascically it....People go around without masks now....some. The fear has reduced or is forgotten sef.

For those coming in, no more quarantine but you still get to do the covid test because of course we're from Africa.

Mama! Well done

I salute you grin

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:20am On Jun 13, 2022
For those still in doubt, take a look at the results of this survey conducted earier this year. It gives the average salary of teachers in vietnam based on several parameters

Please read and digest. If there are any parts that still remain unclear, you can ask

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uw3cJL2znfhmmpvk_BY7j_Wc47YpHb51/view?fbclid=IwAR01z4jZ1V-miWlbO25HhC5BwS7UqIDhxXQ3RVdJCdRShnIyCWCTW5D9XII

Credit: Colin Brownlie

Big thanks to Colin for the detailed work and effort he put into this!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by cletz991(m): 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
Please what courses can i take to be able to teach English in Vietnam
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:02am On Jun 27, 2022
cletz991:
Please what courses can i take to be able to teach English in Vietnam

TEFL and C1
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by cletz991(m): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2022
And how much does these courses cost?
WhyNa:

TEFL and C1
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jendy36(m): 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2022
WhyNa:

Hi anayolity,

Yea I think it's high time I came back. After all it's a new year!!

Happy new year to you all, both the normal new year and the chinese new year.

I'm going to try and get back to my normal postings soon. I'm just going to use this space to shout out to a couple of people. Forgive me if I don't remember to mention you....

First, shout out to ASG01 and E** who have become Dons in Vietnam after just 7-8 months of being here. (I shared their arrival picture here a while back)

Shout out to Citygal, Emmiko90, Youngstown and Harbey92 whom their visas just came out. Big Congrats.

Shout out to Teslason, BunmiBie, Joohan, HenryG, Hahnemann, Jendy36, Sirwifi et al. I see you guys

Good to be back smiley

Enjoy dinner with me grin

Finally met Whyna today in Hanoi, Vietnam, after a 3 days flight from Lagos Nigeria. In few words: “she is a wonderful person “. Will share more details about our journey later, but in the meantime, have some videos for your view.

Modified:
I can’t post videos, so I will be posting some screenshots from the videos instead

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jendy36(m): 8:48pm On Jun 27, 2022

5 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jendy36(m): 8:49pm On Jun 27, 2022

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:53am On Jun 28, 2022
jendy36:

Finally met Whyna today in Hanoi, Vietnam, after a 3 days flight from Lagos Nigeria. In few words: “she is a wonderful person “. Will share more details about our journey later, but in the meantime, have some videos for your view.

Modified:
I can’t post videos, so I will be posting some screenshots from the videos instead

@jendy36 It was nice meeting you guys too albeit being too tired.

Welcome to Vietnam!

I like that you guys are pro-active and you've got heads on your shoulders. You guys will go far.

Please try and update the house as you go along.

Hopefully, when you're more settled and stable, we'll all hang out with the others. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jendy36(m): 6:11am On Jun 28, 2022
West lake

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jendy36(m): 6:17am On Jun 28, 2022
WhyNa:

@jendy36 It was nice meeting you guys too albeit being too tired.

Welcome to Vietnam!

I like that you guys are pro-active and you've got heads on your shoulders. You guys will go far.

Please try and update the house as you go along.

Hopefully, when you're more settled and stable, we'll all hang out with the others. Cheers

Thanks a lot. Will be nice to meet others. For now, let’s enjoy the area cheesy : P

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by cutieme(m): 6:59am On Jun 28, 2022
jendy36:

Modified:
Welcome on board,how is Vietnam compared to Naija?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Investmentfreak: 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2022
Please don’t be offended,
Can I enter the country as a student ? Bsc student and what will the cost be like ?
Visa process and all, please guide me .
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2022
[quote author=jendy36 post=114214153]

Congratulations bro/sis.....May the land of vietnam favor you...
But no vex o....did you say 3days flight?
How manage?
Do you mind sharing?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jendy36(m): 3:34am On Jun 29, 2022
[quote author=EbonyCy post=114246937][/quote]

Thanks sis. So we left on Friday evening, 8:45pm flight. It was a total of 6 hours to Istanbul, turkey. But then, instanbul is 2 hours ahead of Nigeria. So that was almost 5 am Turkish time by the time we landed

We supposed to have around 19 hours stop over in instanbul, because the next flight was 2:00 am on Sunday, but the flight was delayed for 4:hrs 25 mins. We had to leave by 6:25 am. Next was a 9hrs plus flight from instanbul to Hanoi. So Hanoi is 4 hours ahead of turkey. We got to Hanoi around 8:00pm Vietnamese time. With all the protocols at the airport with the immigration, getting a cab, finding a place to stay, it was almost 11pm. So before we could settle down , it was already early hours of Monday. Unfortunately, we didn’t sleep because we were still jet lagging. We slept around the normal time we used to sleep in Nigerian time zone.

So you can see it’s 3 days journey. We spent almost the whole day at the airport on Friday.

The first picture I attached is around after 9 pm In Turkey , and it was still this bright. So I observed sun sets very late and rises very early in Turkey. By 4:30 am in Turkey, it was all bright again. The other pictures are in Turkish airport and inside plane

Abeg, pardon any typo you came across, it is 9:30 am here, and I’m just waking up. Slept around 5am.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 3:39am On Jun 29, 2022
Congratulations. What's the total cost for flight booking from Lagos to Hanoi?
jendy36:

Thanks sis. So we left on Friday evening, 8:45pm flight. It was a total of 6 hours to Istanbul, turkey. But then, instanbul is 2 hours ahead of Nigeria. So that was almost 5 am Turkish time by the time we landed

We supposed to have around 19 hours stop over in instanbul, because the next flight was 2:00 am on Sunday, but the flight was delayed for 4:hrs 25 mins. We had to leave by 6:25 am. Next was a 9hrs plus flight from instanbul to Hanoi. So Hanoi is 4 hours ahead of turkey. We got to Hanoi around 8:00pm Vietnamese time. With all the protocols at the airport with the immigration, getting a cab, finding a place to stay, it was almost 11pm. So before we could settle down , it was already early hours of Monday. Unfortunately, we didn’t sleep because we were still jet lagging. We slept around the normal time we used to sleep in Nigerian time zone.

So you can see it’s 3 days journey. We spent almost the whole day at the airport on Friday.

The first picture I attached is around after 9 pm In Turkey , and it was still this bright. So I observed sun sets very late and rises very early in Turkey. By 4:30 am in Turkey, it was all bright again. The other pictures are in Turkish airport and inside plane

Abeg, pardon any typo you came across, it is 9:30 am here, and I’m just waking up. Slept around 5am.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jendy36(m): 4:09am On Jun 29, 2022
u3fine:
Congratulations. What's the total cost for flight booking from Lagos to Hanoi?

The return ticket, including the Ok to board fee, was around 750k

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by cutieme(m): 6:22am On Jun 29, 2022
jendy36:

The return ticket, including the Ok to board fee, was around 750k
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (115) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.