Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:18 AM

True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State (52962 Views)

Picture Of Past Presidents, Governor And First Lady Standing For VP Shettima / We Will Protect Nigerians’ Rights Regardless Of Ethnic Origins – Shettima / These Images From Nigeria’s Past And Present Would Leave You Speechless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by sweetgala(m): 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
solmus:
cool

I have always told people who just lump north up as just an ethnic group, North is diverse just as the South, just that they are bounded by religion

I look forward to a day that reality about the imaginary Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy they sell to dummies get exposed s, Hausa is hausa, fulani is fulani, many Kanuri's Nupes, Gwari all intermarries Fulani, but Fulani smartly dominate hausa politically with the fraudulent hausa-fulani narrative... truth is Hausa can.never get Presidency, or even become a member of common Meyetti Allah, they cant even become Emirs and that was why they sided British Empire in chasing few fulani back

The North is substantially more diverse than the South. It's is a great shame and the height of ignorance to say Hausa/Fulani. If one wouldn't equate the Yoruba and Benin people are one homogeneous entity why must the Hausa and Fulani be equated as one entity even when historical records reveals the decades of socio political difference and struggle between these two logistically and culturally different people.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Helloevery1: 11:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
solmus:
cool

I have always told people who just lump north up as just an ethnic group, North is diverse just as the South, just that they are bounded by religion

I look forward to a day that reality about the imaginary Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy they sell to dummies get exposed s, Hausa is hausa, fulani is fulani, many Kanuri's Nupes, Gwari all intermarries Fulani, but Fulani smartly dominate hausa politically with the fraudulent hausa-fulani narrative... truth is Hausa can.never get Presidency, or even become a member of common Meyetti Allah, they cant even become Emirs and that was why they sided British Empire in chasing few fulani back

Please stop saying what you don't know about Hausa-Fulani, Hausas are everything to Fulanis, without the Hausas in Nigeria, Fulanis are nothing.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Helloevery1: 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
symbianDON:
I don't believe IBB is originally from the north. His middle name, Badamasi, is a twisted form of Gbadamosi which is yoruba in origin.

So where did the babangida come from which literally means head of the house of father of the house in Hausa.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by symbianDON(m): 6:12am On Feb 16, 2020
Helloevery1:

So where did the babangida come from which literally means head of the house of father of the house in Hausa.
in the olden days, many yorubas migrants settled in the north and adopted northern identities (mostly due to trade) and same is applicable to northerns moving to the south west and adoption yoruba identities (an example are some yorubas of in isale eko of northern roots). The name babangida, I assume, came by such means.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by JoffreyBeroth(m): 11:53am On Feb 16, 2020
Can’t find Sani Abacha here grin
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by fire4fire: 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Hausa-fulani remains the right word...both must be together.

Hausa-fulani-Almajiri remains the right word...both must be together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Abimbola29(m): 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
op you omitted azikiwe
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by orisa37: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2020
modsfucker:

Abacha is Babur from Borno State, the same tribe as Buratai.

Please check again. They're likely Aliens.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by orisa37: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
AnanseK:

Abacha was a nationalist

Nibo? For where?
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by orisa37: 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
orisa37:

Nibo? For where?

Apart from TAFAWA, SHAGARI YARADUA, GOWON, OBASANJO, IRONSI AND SONEKAN, THE REST ARE ILLEGAL
IMMIGRANTS. NO NIGERIAN WILL TREAT NIGERIA THE WAY THE OTHERS TREATED AND ARE STILL TREATING NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by lavenjcrown(m): 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2020
katsina
Auxtin85:
Buhari is a Fulani from where please
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 19, 2020
orisa37:

Apart from TAFAWA, SHAGARI YARADUA, GOWON, OBASANJO, IRONSI AND SONEKAN, THE REST ARE ILLEGAL
IMMIGRANTS. NO NIGERIAN WILL TREAT NIGERIA THE WAY THE OTHERS TREATED AND ARE STILL TREATING NIGERIA.
I can believe this fah because the way i see it if Nigeria is strictly hausa Yoruba, igbo and other minority tribes Nigeria will be better
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by VolvoS60(m): 8:26am On Feb 20, 2020
Interesting thread.

1 Like

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by wealthtrak: 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
symbianDON:
I don't believe IBB is originally from the north. His middle name, Badamasi, is a twisted form of Gbadamosi which is yoruba in origin.
His ancestors are Hausa from Kano, but migrated to Minna for greener pastures. This is well-known in
the Minna area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by wealthtrak: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
modsfucker:

Abacha is Babur from Borno State, the same tribe as Buratai.
General Buratai is from the Bura ethnic group in Borno just like former Governor Shekarau of Kano State.

Sani Abacha is Kanuri. There are also Abachas in Chad.

I suspect that Sani's people may have migrated from Chad.
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Iceberg3: 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
So Murtala is my kinsman!
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by AlphaTaikun: 5:56am On Apr 09, 2022
sarrki:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2020/02/true-ethnic-origins-of-nigerias-past.html?m=1
Farooq is largely correct here, but General Murtala Mohamed's biological father is of Berom origin in Jos South of Plateau State who converted to Islam and had to move to Kano because it was abominable to leave the traditional Berom religion.

His family members were interviewed by a newspaper in the early 2000s and they pointed to the portion of the family land belonging to Murtala's father. This looks more credible than the false Auchi origins article in Vanguard that Farooq made reference to.

Indeed Kano had a lot of Auchi, Ebira and Yoruba, Nupe, Bura, Kanuri immigrants, etc, especially the Muslims among them tended to blend faster with the Kano indigenes.

The late business mogul, Isiaku Rabi'u (father of the Forbes-listed dollar billionaire AbdulSamad Rabi'u of BUA Group) is originally from Auchi though they claim Kano. Aisha Yesufu was born in Kano in 1973, but people would have thought she was a Hausa from Kano if she hadn't granted interviews affirming her paternal and maternal ancestral roots to Auchi in Edo State.

It's very important for male children to always visit their paternal and maternal hometowns to get to know their roots!

Second, IBB and his first cousin General Abdulsalam Abubakar are indeed of Hausa origin who's ancestors migrated to the present
Niger State.

I also saw a documentary years back where the family members said clearly that their ancestry is Hausa. I nearly fell off my chair that night because prior to that, I always assumed that IBB was a Gbagyi and Gen. Abubakar was Nupe according to urban legends and news reports I read in the 1980s and 1990s.

Last but not least, I'm not surprised that Yar Adua is Tuareg because during the trans-Saharan trades Arabs, Libyans, Berber
Tuaregs, Fulahs, settled in Kano and some towns in the far North. Those Tuareg (Buzu in Hausa) lineages essentially got married
into Fulah and/or Hausa lineages just like Shuwa Arabs (whose migratory origins is in Northern Sudan), mingled with the Kanuris
and Kanembus in Nigeria and Chad.

Cc: Sukkot
Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by AlphaTaikun: 11:40am On Aug 18, 2022

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by Christistruth00: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by tishbite42: 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
mvem:
both parents ?
Mother is Gbayi or Hausa.
She is the sister of Abdulsalami father

1 Like

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by sukkot: 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Yeah, @Sukkot, I've finally found the thread or NL link to the article [by the U.S.-based Farooq Kperogi] that I talked about on your recent thread yesterday.

=> https://www.nairaland.com/5687988/true-ethnic-origins-nigerias-past

=> https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2020/02/true-ethnic-origins-of-nigerias-past.html?m=1

=> https://tribuneonlineng.com/re-true-ethnic-origins-of-nigerias-past-presidents-and-heads-of-state-was-muritalas-father-a-urhobo/

Enjoy your day bruv!
smiley cheesy

nice one bro. good looking out grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by AlphaTaikun: 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2022
sukkot:
nice one bro. good looking out grin
You're welcome Sukkot... Anytime. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by ArewaNorth: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
Caseless:
nothing of such is existing.

It is only in Nigeria that some people are deliberately rejecting Hausa-Fulani identity by adopting unilateral identity.
Anybody born from Hausa father and Fulani mother or vice versa can be called with his paternal and maternal identity.
For instance, the inter-tribal marriage between Hausa and Fulani is enormous and can't in anyway be seperated. Buhari is born by Fulani father and Kanuri mother and understand only Hausa language. Me, I'm born by Fulani father and Kanuri mother and understand only Hausa language. Anytime when I'm asked to state my ethnic identity I adopt Hausa because I don't understand any other native language except Hausa.
Why do we accept White's verdict of tribal background but refuse to accept ours?
For instance, I have seen many whites claiming Spanish-American identity, British-African identity, Arab-British identity, Deutsch-French identity but why do we deliberately refuse to acknowledge our bilateral identity which is important. No part of our parent's origin should be ignored in telling our stories!

1 Like

Re: True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State by ArewaNorth: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
solmus:
cool

Caseless:
nothing of such is existing.

It is only in Nigeria that some people are deliberately rejecting Hausa-Fulani identity by adopting unilateral identity.
Anybody born from Hausa father and Fulani mother or vice versa can be called with his paternal and maternal identity.
For instance, the inter-tribal marriage between Hausa and Fulani is enormous and can't in anyway be seperated. Buhari is born by Fulani father and Kanuri mother and understand only Hausa language. Me, I'm born by Fulani father and Kanuri mother and understand only Hausa language. Anytime when I'm asked to state my ethnic identity I adopt Hausa because I don't understand any other native language except Hausa.
Why do we accept White's verdict of tribal background but refuse to accept ours?
For instance, I have seen many whites claiming Spanish-American identity, British-African identity, Arab-British identity, Deutsch-French identity but why do we deliberately refuse to acknowledge our bilateral identity which is important. No part of our parent's origin should be ignored in telling our stories!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MC Oluomo's Son, King West, Threatens People Who Post Negative Things About Him / Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Fighters While Planting IEDs Near Sambisa Forest / Fayose Meets Bail Conditions, Released (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.