Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,185 members, 7,880,694 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:58 AM

Ctn Lets Hear It ? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ctn Lets Hear It ? (495 Views)

Per Acl Grimaldi Sailing From Usa To Nigeria - No More Ctn Needed / Roro Ctn Tracking / shipping New york - Lagos 1050$ including CTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ctn Lets Hear It ? by AMERICANEX(m): 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
What is the latest that is going on in NG with this?
One steam ship line is refusing to make it mandatory,

What are you importing experiences with the CTN (within the last 2 weeks) Is it being enforced locally - hand to hand?

Or is it Business as usual - Hand to hand with your experiences.
We do not like being forced to collect "taxes" for anyone - we are a shipping company and want to know what "others" experiences have been.

JSTROZYK@AELSHIPPING.COM
John
Re: Ctn Lets Hear It ? by KunleA2(m): 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2010
My shipper has INSISTED that the CTN be paid before they load the vehicle.
Re: Ctn Lets Hear It ? by AMERICANEX(m): 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
The freight forwarders and NVOCC's (like us , Non-vessel owning common carrier) are being forced to purchase for our customers these certificates. That requirement is being imposed to get the cargo loaded. The master shipping instructions sheets are being refused without the CTN numbers attached.

Only one steamshipline is still allowing it to be your choice.
I am currently trying to hear what is actually "happening" at the terminals - for those clearing with CTN's and for those clearing without CTN's.

I guess congestion has already started because of this and the ANCLA's protests.

(1) (Reply)

Quick Sale Honda Accord 2004 - N1.3m (08161178354) / 2 Mack Tipper Trucks 4 Sales 3m Each-07035039114 / For Your Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.