Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,847 members, 7,942,128 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Power Is Intoxicating - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Power Is Intoxicating (355 Views)

Power Is Not Left For Long In The Hands Of The Weak / Nigerians . Seun Osewa - The Power Is In Your Hands To Save Our Nigeria / Killer Fulani Herdsmen Weilding Gun And Drinking Intoxicating Substance (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Power Is Intoxicating by OurEverydayLife: 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
Only those that has not tasted power can talk about how much they can control it and how they take control over it. Those that have tasted power knows how much pride it gives and the amount of arrogance it builds up.

Power is not something we choose to take its strides of pride and arrogance along, we may not even understand how far the effect has gotten on us, we live but not alive as you where, you speak but do not sound as you where.

The effect makes you find a way to justify every of your misguided action, you will always find a perfect answer to every wrong it makes you.
When you then starts enjoying every bit of it, you starts becoming powerful to your thoughts, you starts living like "I should take advantage and control of every damn thing". It takes away every little-big humility that brought the power to your door step, you starts to make things that are wrong to right in your eyes.

Power is the most toxic good thing man has ever had, power is wonderful when managed properly but the most deadly disease ever to occur to mankind.

I'd remember when I started to work newly, after resigning from the first job because of lack of challenges, I had to make my mark and get my brain and body to work. Before resigning, I met a College friend (my senior), who told me that they have vacancy in their company, that I should consider an offer from them, so since I have always wanted to quit the other job, it was not hard to accept the offer.

After resuming work - not on the same branch with my College friend, I was assigned to be working closely with the General Manager, who was then a young intelligent guy. Working with the General Manager, I began to notice some stuffs based on the fact that - that was his first time of handling real power. He was good but also terrible.

During work hours, he will come in on different occasions with different girls, bragging to be the CEO of the company.

One day, came I was less busy with work and since the Company is literally new, we have got no root yet to be competing with others, we had less job to do but to continuously market the company. So on that faithful day, as usual, he came in with a girl, I was sitting on my position, he sat directly opposite me, he then all of a sudden ordered me to walk out of sit, and to sit on the visitors sit which he was sitting on. Since there was not much air coming through there, he had order off from sit.

I was humiliated, angry and sad. I made a promise to work harder and get a more better chance of doing better than him. One thing led to another, my college friend had to resign from the other branch to continue his education and boom we had to merge the two branches because of some issues.

More task was giving to me in my new position, I started relating more with our clients, the General Manager had to take a year off for a course, of course, he was handed the request since he was staying with the CEO.

POWER came to me, since I was young, competitive and ready to work, I did a lot of changes and things started working out perfectly, the income was flowing on a regular, it seems like the General Manager was not functioning when he was there.

I started to receive praise and stuffs like that and I became the face of the company. I started to fill the intriguing little effect of power but it didn't last because the General Manager came back. The General Manager, seeing how things have changed positively, he refused to take back the position and so I took over completely.

Gradually, I began to notice how authoritative I am, my voice bears more command, I felt satisfaction and this feeling of "am in control", I noticed I changed. Now I started to retrace how I felt when the former General Manager was in control, I knew at that moment that I need to curb it.

I took some steps but power is POWERFUL, you need to check yourself constantly, it can intoxicate everything you have built. POWER IS POWER.

From
https://herosaremade..com/2020/02/power-is-intoxicating.html

Re: Power Is Intoxicating by Froshloaded: 8:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
Power and wealth
If you have the 2, you will be so arrogant...
Re: Power Is Intoxicating by ProudWings(m): 2:42am On Feb 16, 2020
The quest for power and clinging to power is a subtle force that is present in every living organism. It explodes at the slightest ignition. It humans it increases dopamine. The feel good hormone..you'd never want to let go of that temporal priceless feeling. The privileges..the control..little wonder you'd find among tress..competing for deeper roots..the lion walking unchallenged..the peacock spreading her beautiful feathers...in viruses, spreading like wild fire in hosts..in most feminist women..it consumes their thought process...et all.

Even the Infinite One never lost the throne to Lucifer.

Though seems dead amongst the poor, and suppressed amongst refined men. It is as drug to the living.

(1) (Reply)

Trophy Extra Special Stout Supports Tuface’s E-concert Against Spread Of Covid19 / Dr Mercy Uwakwe's Foundation Institutes The Stay Safe Campaign. / Important Fact You Didn’t Know About Nigerian Defence Academy (nda)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.