Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,348 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:23 PM

Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru (725 Views)

Running Mate: You’re A Betrayer Of Highest Order, Edwin Clark, Attack Okowa / June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils / Delta Government Gives Out Cheques To Victims Of Uwheru Herdsmen Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by comrodioodio001: 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
Herdsmen Attack: Okowa calls for calm in Uwheru

Delta governor, Sen. (Dr) Ifeanyi Okowa, has condemned renewed herdsmen attacks on Avwon, Agadama, Ohoror and other communities of Uwheru Kingdom, Ughelli North Local Government Area of the state.

According to reports from the communities, herdsmen accompanied by unidentified army personnel stormed the communities in an unprovoked attack that has become an annual routine, killed no fewer than eight persons and injured many others.

The reports revealed that the crisis started on Thursday and that as at Saturday, lives and property, including farms, had been lost.

In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olisa Ifeajika, in Asaba, the governor condemned the attacks and unwarranted killings of innocent locals.

He called for restraint in the crisis, saying that he had directed the Commissioner of Police and the Brigade Commander, 63 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Asaba, to as a matter of urgency ensure that peace was restored to the communities.

Okowa also charged authorities of the Nigerian Army to investigate the alleged involvement of its personnel in the crisis and fish them out.

He appealed to the communities to remain calm and peaceful while security agencies ``investigate the root cause of the crisis with a view to bringing the culprits to justice’’.

"The unwarranted attacks and killing of innocent locals in Avwon, Agadama and Ohoror communities of Uwheru kingdom in Ughelli North Local Government Area and the height of wickedness by criminal herdsmen believed to be aided and abetted by unidentified military personnel are condemnable.

"I, however, appeal to the affected communities to remain calm and peaceful. I commiserate with the communities and families on the unfortunate loss of their loved ones.

``I have directed the Commissioner of Police and the Brigade Commander, 63 Brigade, Nigerian Army, to rise to the occasion and bring the culprits to justice.

"As a state, our people have been very receptive to herdsmen and other visitors, but our hospitality and welcoming disposition should not be taken as act of cowardice.

"The state government will continue to encourage peaceful and harmonious relations between Deltans and their visitors, but will not watch outsiders attack and kill our people any longer," the governor stated.
Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by clevvermind(m): 10:53pm On Feb 15, 2020
and you say we should calm down? over all this Killings? It seems many don't know what is going on.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by limeta(f): 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Na boko haram you dey call herdsmen
Which kind governor be this na

If this is not war what is war?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by Citytrend: 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
Let them try that Nonsense I'm Anambra the neighboring State if they won't pay with their own blood. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by Ojiofor: 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
Citytrend:
Let them try that Nonsense I'm Anambra the neighboring State if they won't pay with their own blood. Nonsense

Easy o.
Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by Caseless: 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Okowa should be guarded.
Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by Caseless: 11:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Citytrend:
As if such has not happened in anambra before. angry

Watch your mouth fingers.

Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by Rekhina(f): 4:46am On Feb 16, 2020
Okowa nothing shall happen to my anioma tribe as for urhobo and itshekiri they shud enjoy their landbusiness

Ant infested wood in delta state already cry
Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by Rekhina(f): 4:47am On Feb 16, 2020
Citytrend:
shut up ,just that ur earlier hate for fulanis is ur saving grace
Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by MetaPhysical: 4:48am On Feb 16, 2020
Hope no casualty
Re: Herdsmen Attack: Okowa Calls For Calm In Uwheru by backnbeta(f): 6:17am On Feb 16, 2020
They are everywhere in the South, they have the support of the FG nand Millitary undecided

(1) (Reply)

Judgments Reviews: Supreme Court Has Lost Confidence Of APC And PDP – Saraki / Anthony Joshua Brags About Being ‘yoruba’ In Front Of Queen Elizabeth At Commonw / Fayemi, Uzodinma, Others Grace Akeredolu’s In-law Burial Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.