Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,315 members, 7,887,959 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:58 PM

Analysis Of The Recent Raid By Police On Armed Bandits Camp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysis Of The Recent Raid By Police On Armed Bandits Camp (251 Views)

Peter Obi's Message On Armed Forces Remembrance Day. / Kidnapped FGC Yauri Student Gives Birth In Bandits’ Camp / Military Airstrike In Kaduna Forest Hits Bandits’ Camp, Kills Scores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Analysis Of The Recent Raid By Police On Armed Bandits Camp by Rich4god(m): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2020
We all heard of the news of the raid by the NPF on armed bandits camp some weeks back. It was reported by the police spokesman that about 250 bandits were killed while the police suffered a fatality and about 11 of its officers injured.
First and foremost, I want to appreciate the NPF for embarking on this raid cos it's long overdue. This is something that should have been done long ago. But then, from the report of the raid, some questions popped up on my mind.

1) The NPF claimed about 250 people were killed and that they were buried by their(bandits) members. Does that mean there are still lots of them left in the forest to the extent that they have the boldness to stay behind and bury their fallen members instead of escaping from the camp. Also, does it mean the police retreated after the gun battle or they have the target to terminate about 250 of them.
2) How come those guys grew to such a massive number in their camp without the security forces putting up measures in the first instance to curtail it. 250+ men armed with AK47s isn't a small force. That number can wreck serious havoc on a state.
3) According to the villagers, they said those guys have been around for long and they have been terrorising the neighborhood. Also that anyone leaving around the camp is their member, else the person will be killed. Does it mean that such report haven't gotten to the police. How come nothing have been done to tackle the issue before it got to this stage.
4) Based on the way these bandits have operated almost across all regions of Nigeria, could there be more camps out there with similar man and firepower. I could remember when Katsina gov paid a visit to the camp of bandits in Katsina to have a talk with them... meaning there could be an existing camp in Katsina. I know of someone that was kidnapped along ejule in Kogi state, after his release, he made mention of been kept in a place where the bandits number over 50. Could that be another camp too?

I will forever continue to applaud our police and other agents for the work they have done so far, but to secure this country, a lot needs to be done. Also our forces needs to be proactive cos if this issue was tackled when it started, probably we wouldn't have gotten to this stage... And if much is not done now, it might get to a stage where it will be difficult to curtail.
We will continue to pray for this country and for everyone that mean well for it.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Analysis Of The Recent Raid By Police On Armed Bandits Camp by Rich4god(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
helinues:
How many are the armed bandits in Nigeria?

I hope you are begging to have a picture of their numerical strength.
Re: Analysis Of The Recent Raid By Police On Armed Bandits Camp by blackboy(m): 10:58pm On Feb 16, 2020
The Kaduna story dont add up. 250 terrorist dead , not pix no body. I honestly doubt the story
Propaganda at work

(1) (Reply)

If You Had The Chance To Change The Citizenship, Would You Change It? / Boko Haram Pressurize Fresh Attack On Adamawa Community / Payment Of Abia Civil Servants Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.