Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,932 members, 7,909,472 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:15 AM

Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (51966 Views)

Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) / Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market / Fire Engulfed Katangowa Market In Agbado/okeodo, Lagos State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Kobicove(m): 7:12pm On Feb 17, 2020
Bb
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by highcadre: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
My village, my village, my village, how many times I call una? HERE I COME.
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Grant94(m): 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
Babylonian Government sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Gazzy88(m): 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
When the real owner of Lagos is talking, chest beaters keep quiet.
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Enwhen(m): 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
NurseJP:
My Guy is affected, I just pray he bounce back, bro assisted me with funds when I needed cash to travel go England, such a good fellow

If u are still in England, pls don't come back again....Nigeria is hell fire...and please try as possible u can to assist him please , I know England too it's not roses, but it's still heaven to Nigeria....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gazzy88:
When the real owner of Lagos is talking, chest beaters keep quiet.
yeye dey smell
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by landforeast(m): 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2020
yinkus6750:
Sanwo just demolishing and cancelling everything.
The masses are suffering.
They won't go and demolish V I, Ikoyi, Lekki, Ajah, or those areas don't have illegal or unapproved structures?
He has demolished some structures there in Lekki
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by atobs4real(m): 7:27pm On Feb 17, 2020
BCISLTD:
angry always destroying before proffering alternatives....they will continue to treat u guys as door mats...until una get sense.....

How can a set of people be in charge of a state for so long....someone has to look at their books....

Vote them out and stop complaining
I share your pain my brother, but the land in question is owned by the government. They all knew that. That particular land belongs the state government.

1 Like

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by ikorodureporta: 7:28pm On Feb 17, 2020
e don pass 2 weeks na! abi na diff mod we get

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by mmsen: 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
landforeast:
Behold the new Computer Village
They gradually want to frustrate poor people out of Lagos.
I wonder where people will face now considering that many States are not economically bouyant and have lesser Opportunities.

Another issue here is that people are find of building structures illgally on Lands which are not excised by Government.

These people were not buoyant in Lagos, what difference will it make if they go to Kaduna, Jos or Port Harcourt.

Lagos is overcrowded, too many people with nothing and nowhere proper to live. It's a recipe for disaster.

2 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by sulaak(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
BCISLTD:
angry always destroying before proffering alternatives....they will continue to treat u guys as door mats...until una get sense.....

How can a set of people be in charge of a state for so long....someone has to look at their books....

Why should they offer solutions to squatters, Lagos cannot be the home for 200 million Nigerian.

The city is already an eyesore with slums in every corner, it about time the state government start destroying those slumps, maybe Nigerian will stay in their home state.
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Ogurube: 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2020
solmus:
cool

New Computer Village

as much as our Developer blodas selling bails of okirika have right to have a decent business, Lagos is a metropolitan state that can gain more and more from IT revolution, New Computer Village would be the Nigerians silicone Valley boasting of billions in IT revenue

What an ignorant and immature person you are. Who made Computer Village the biggest hub of ICT commerce in Nigeria? You may also want to check out the mini Tinubu Square, Saka Tinubu and Tin Can Island ICT markets. Okrika business is not all your “developer blodas” are reputed. Stop this your idle talk and small-mindedness. Grow the fvck up.

1 Like

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by solmus: 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
Ogurube:

Ignorant. Who made Computer Village a hub of IT commerce?

the IT infrastructure Lagos Government put in place in kontangoa would make that happen just like California's investment in silicon valley
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Klington: 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
This is not funny at all
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by piagbara: 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Lol new ikeja.....lets watch
alizma:
That is the new computer village.
https://www.thecable.ng/done-deal-lagos-set-to-relocate-computer-village
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Ogurube: 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
solmus:

the IT infrastructure Lagos Government put in place in kontangoa would make that happen just like California's investment in silicon valley

Good! So, why didn’t you focus on that, rather than go off tangent to throw subliminal insult on your “developer blodas?” Okrika can be sold in shops with the right infrastructure, just like the thrifty shops scattered all over California. Or, don’t used stuff have some usefulness and demand in Nigeria, a country of 100 millionaires and 100 million poor people?
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Sladotun(m): 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2020
Shey you don want to advance, all these things bring development one way or the other. smiley
Enwhen:

E don red , where poor man wan get okrika(gbogbo) clothes buy ?, Even in the PMB hardship govt ??.....

Make them kukuma share SNIPERS for Nigerians , haba mallam...na so custom dey enter stores dey sieze bags of rice , clothes .....wetin dey happened in Nigeria ??.. Are we in a banana republic ??... Our president closed borders, yet ask them to registers foreigners coming in and refused people from going out mainly in the northern borders. Bandits are killing our people , our president said we shouldn't defend ourself that it's retaliatory, Retaliatory for what ??, What biz do the citizen have with criminals ??, Our president is sick, his brain is dead but thank God he will be going for his drugs this months...May God help Nigerians...we have seen it all.
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by udemzyudex(m): 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
BCISLTD:

The mumus complaining now will still be the ones to collect 2k and 2 derica of rice to vote.

Most Nigerians are mumu,and don't know exactly what they want.

1 Like

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by asmondy(m): 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hmm ITESIWAJU EKO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Enwhen(m): 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sladotun:
Shey you don want to advance, all these things bring development one way or the other. smiley

Advance go where ??, When food no dey stomach ??, Na Dem Dem dey advance, Even the road that leads to the market is bad with serious hold up , they are not thinking of fixing the road but demolition of the market, will that stop the hold up ?, NO, because the market is not everyday markets, and days of no market, we still experience serious go slow, because of the bad road mostly during the raining season..ordinary people cannot afford those millions naira shops . .. look at oshodi na, patronage has reduce. APC members, politicians are the ones building shops , chasing poor people out to get patronage ...Look at Mile 12 market , causing serious blockage day and night by trailers offloading , nobody is taking about that one again for politics, hausa strong , but yet they want to relocate computer village, demolish Katangora(super) market, demolish ladipo market... All those market wey man take they manage dey buy small small things because of the hardship ...if Dem like make dem demolish everywhere , I no go patronise their boutique, I go dey use leaves cover like we fore fathers dey do am...#MegaCity under my yanch, na so America take do am ?, Na so the Abu Dhabi take do am ??... We must go cope Las Las , God pass Dem... Wicked Nigerian political leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by kinglee007(m): 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
I can still figure out how the Lagos state government plans to shift the base of the COMPUTER VILLA from "IKEJA" all the way to the axis of "ABULE-EGBA". What will happen to the likes of SLOT, MABTECH, 3CHUB and the other tech stores? The amount of revenue generated from that place alone, if affected could have a negative impact to the state. That place is so centralised that people from all parts of the country just come and do some quick business deals (cos of it's close proximity to the three airport terminals). I hope the government is considering the traffic and proximity challenges in setting up a tech villa like the computer villa in such a location as ABULE-EGBA. Make them think am o! Cloth and gadget no be the same market o!

4 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by shogsman(m): 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
Well change can be painful sometimes, and they've informed them for a while now,poor folks
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by pasol4real(m): 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
solmus:
cool

New Computer Village

as much as our Developer blodas selling bails of okirika have right to have a decent business, Lagos is a metropolitan state that can gain more and more from IT revolution, New Computer Village would be the Nigerians silicone Valley boasting of billions in IT revenue

All thanks to Ndigbo . The owners of computer village.
Abi na afonjas get am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by francesawesome(f): 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2020
shogsman:
Well change can be painful sometimes, and they've informed them for a while now,poor folks
it's sad
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by ceeceeuwa: 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
Goldencheese:
This govt should take it easy o. They are really making life difficult for Lagosian without providing enough cushioning effects. It is getting too much o.
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sanwo-Olu is a psychiatric patient..His medical records are at Gbagada general hospital
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by SpeakOut007: 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2020
It's time to reciprocate the gesture. A good turn deserves another

NurseJP:
My Guy is affected, I just pray he bounce back, bro assisted me with funds when I needed cash to travel go England, such a good fellow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
Enwhen:

E don red , where poor man wan get okrika(gbogbo) clothes buy ?, Even in the PMB hardship govt ??.....

Make them kukuma share SNIPERS for Nigerians , haba mallam...na so custom dey enter stores dey sieze bags of rice , clothes .....wetin dey happened in Nigeria ??.. Are we in a banana republic ??... Our president closed borders, yet ask them to registers foreigners coming in and refused people from going out mainly in the northern borders. Bandits are killing our people , our president said we shouldn't defend ourself that it's retaliatory, Retaliatory for what ??, What biz do the citizen have with criminals ??, Our president is sick, his brain is dead but thank God he will be going for his drugs this months...May God help Nigerians...we have seen it all.

Ambode warned these stupid Lagosians that they are about to vote for a mad man then but Tinubu with his Bullion vans bought their conscience.... Enjoy the madness
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Hero10001: 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
Katangowa was the bigger boutique in the world.
If you know, you know.

1 Like

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by TruthSpeaker: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
DRAINING THE SLUM SHOULD ALWAYS BE A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT, BUT IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE A PLAN IN PLACE BEFORE SUCH DESTRUCTION.
MOUTHING ILLEGAL STRUCTURES WITHOUT DUE PROCESS AND EVADING TAX SHOULD ALWAYS BE DISCOURAGED. WHEN THE GOVERNMENT DECIDES TO PULL THEM DOWN, PEOPLE SEEM TO WAIL A LOT. NO DOUBT WHEN IT IS DONE, THE MASSES SUFFER.
NOW WE HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN CONDOLING WITH THOSE THAT DO THE ILLEGAL, OR COMMEND THE GOVERNMENT FOR DOING JUSTICE TO SANITIZE THE STATE.
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by xcelentattitude(m): 9:23pm On Feb 17, 2020
Choi! shocked

And I buy cloth for dis market DAT year o...

I was even reminiscing about the market earlier this evening..

I think the bus stop is called 'super'

2 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Enwhen(m): 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

Ambode warned these stupid Lagosians that they are about to vote for a mad man then but Tinubu with his Bullion vans bought their conscience.... Enjoy the madness

My Bro, it's not by voting again in Nigeria oo... Free and fair election in Lagos in 2019, na only APC members for vote for APC... But u know na, Nigeria is rigging everything, even election in Church na rig.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! / Please Suggest A Business I Can Start With Five Hundred Thousand Naira / How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.