Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,563 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:44 AM

Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) (3307 Views)

Fresh Coronavirus Outbreak Hit Benue, 25 Cases Reported / Dead Body On Busy Kano Road Sparks Fear Among Residents / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:41am On Feb 18, 2020
Authorities and health workers are trying to halt the spread of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak in China, travel restrictions and quarantine measures have left many streets, parks, and shopping centers essentially deserted in cities across China.

More than 20,500 cases have been reported so far in mainland China, and the World Health Organization recently declared a global public health emergency.

Emergency hospitals have been constructed and have started taking in patients in Wuhan, and other public buildings are also being converted into temporary hospitals with thousands of beds set up for people with mild symptoms.

Below, recent scenes from Wuhan, Shanghai, Beijing, and other virus-affected areas.

Before and After photo of Shanghai waterfront.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/photo/606064/
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:42am On Feb 18, 2020
An aerial view of roads and bridges in Wuhan, Hubei province, on February 3, 2020

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 18, 2020
Hmmnn
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:44am On Feb 18, 2020
A man crosses an empty highway on February 2020, in Wuhan.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2020
Empty mall.

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Riele(f): 8:47am On Feb 18, 2020
I see this happening to Nigeria in the next 3 weeks

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:47am On Feb 18, 2020
A man wearing a mask walks in Lujiazui financial district in Pudong, Shanghai, China, on February, 2020

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2020
People arrive from Hubei province at a checkpoint on the Jiujiang Yangtze River Bridge in Jiujiang, Jiangxi province, on January 31, 2020.

Police stand at a checkpoint on the Jiujiang Yangtze River Bridge, which connects to Hubei province, in Jiujiang, on January 31, 2020.

A mother reacts as she pleads with checkpoint police to allow her daughter to pass for cancer treatment after she arrived from Hubei province on the Jiujiang Yangtze River Bridge on February 1, 2020.

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2020
Workers set up beds in an exhibition center that was converted into a hospital in Wuhan on February 4, 2020.

The Wuhan government said it plans to convert three existing venues, including sport centres, gymnasium and an exhibition center, into hospitals to take in patients with mild symptoms of the new coronavirus.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:54am On Feb 18, 2020
Empty train station.

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by uvalentine2003(m): 8:55am On Feb 18, 2020
Riele:
Riele y na
Me am still young ohh,ah Neva enjoy life ohh
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:57am On Feb 18, 2020
Medical workers spray antiseptic outside of the main gate of the Shanghai Stock Exchange Building on February 3, 2020 in Shanghai, China.

Medical worker disinfect colleague.

A government worker checks the temperature of a woman in home quarantine in Qingdao on February 3, 2020.

Mother and kid takes shot in the empty street of Wuhan.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Explorers(m): 9:05am On Feb 18, 2020
A man wearing a protective gear sit in the arrival hall of the Hongqiao International Airport in Shanghai, Feb, 9.

Empty business complex and highway.

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by TeflonBlixx: 9:06am On Feb 18, 2020
Riele:

What's up with the doom prophecy?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by konkonbilo(m): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2020
Riele:
na you the virus go first catch.. Werey tongue

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by seankafor(m): 9:16am On Feb 18, 2020
All I see here is development and world class infrastructures.

Truly.. no man has it all.
Every man get wetin dey worry am

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by mrMeen(m): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2020
Security alhaji, despite all the controversies following the outbreak of the covid-19 china has done a magnificent job in controlling this menacing virus, I don't think it's every country that can take this hard measures of restricting and and quarantining everybody in this short measure of time.

Say what you want about the one party system but when it comes to getting the job done without all the political bulls of one party trying to blame the other then this is the way to go.

Food for thought, will the Chinese political system be effective in Nigeria or do you think it's a very bad idea

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by henryobinna(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2020
Riele:
it'll only happen in your household.
Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by MJBOLT: 9:54am On Feb 18, 2020
[s]
Riele:
[/s]

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Geofavor(m): 9:55am On Feb 18, 2020
This is food for Hollywood.

As usual, in the movie, they will portray one american as the sole hero who saved the world from the contagion.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Nmezor(f): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2020
Hmm, its well...Let's all pray 4 China
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:35am On Feb 18, 2020
Riele:
Sharap
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Moneytize: 10:36am On Feb 18, 2020
Riele:
Prophet of Doom. Your demonic utterance is sterile.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by cassidy1996(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2020
this life anything can happen
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by ajalawole(m): 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hope this is not the end of the world Sha. our very own NAFDAC announced that the country import almost 80% of the drug we us, that the only thing we produce in this country is water. if this virus enter naija we are doom
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Hakeem12(m): 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2020
Man, China has mad infrastructures, to think they were once very poor as a nation. I hope no one brings the virus here, we don't have anything here to manage it, we can't build hospitals in ten days, heck we can't build it in a year, let alone set up centres for emergency treatment like China has done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Ajibade123(m): 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2020
Riele:
I assume you don't know what you are saying
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 5:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
Such is life!
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by pbethel: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
Technology can never be perfect. If it was, China should have been cured of this virus.

This has got me thinking, indeed it would not take God more than a second 2 destroy d world.

Fear God!!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
China is beautiful. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by fikenna(m): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2020
Riele:
God forbid
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak Turns Busy China Cities To Ghost Towns(Photos) by alizma: 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
May God heal the land of China. Chinese are a set of people I have reservation for due to their heartless way of life but at this moment, I feel for them and pray for their healings.
I sense biological war here. I don't trust that man that recently escaped impeachment.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Pictures Of The Dead Ekiti Doctors / Pax Herbal For Staph Infection / First Aid Box Nationwide Delivery At Devine Diagnostics Solutions And Supplies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.