Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,819 members, 7,889,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

Career Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Advice (737 Views)

Microbiologists; Career Advice / Career Advice For Women / Career Advice For Failed Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Advice by simeon77(m): 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2010
Pls house, I need your advice on this: I studied mechanical engineering and graduated since 2002. I have taught in several private secondary schools.I have searched for engineering jobs for years,but without reasonable success.I am teaching in another higher secondary school at present.I am planning to do a PGD programme in Education.Please advice me on a career path to follow.Thanks!
Re: Career Advice by marjo: 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
Seeing that you have already put in 7 years in the education sector, one could say you have inadvertently wandered into the education sector. Go ahead and do the PGD. It makes sense after so much time in teaching. If you dont you will never be considered a professional and promotions etc will pass you by and it will be used as an excuse when the school mgt wants to pass you by or govt comes up with one of its many new fangled policies. I want to assume you are teaching maths and technical related subjects. if you are this will stand you in good stead. you could also consider running home lessons if you have the time and energy for it. you could even later do a masters in schools mgt. have you thought of the possibility of one day opening a school. i 've heard that in lagos state it is a criteria for school ownership. No knowledge/certificate is lost. better to have it than to find yourself losing out for want of it. I could go on and on but i hope this answer will give you direction.
Re: Career Advice by simeon77(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2010
Thanks a million dear major.You are one in a million.God bless you real good.

(1) (Reply)

Hard To Choose / Trust Issues: Ways To Get People To Trust You Deeply / How To Write A Good Resume/cv For 2015 Oil & Gas Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.