Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,685 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! (36341 Views)

Photo From Sikiru Adeshina 'Arakangudu' Burial In His Home Town Today / Throwback Pix Of Young Jengbetiele And Barister In His Living Room. / Picture Of Dr Sikiru Ayinde Barrister On Sick Bed Before His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by Pukkah: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2010
I will continue to respect individuals who in spite of humble beginnings and unpriviledged background rose to conquer the odds and became successful in whatever they chose to do. Ayinde Barrister was one of those people. He created an entire industry, now employing several hundreds (or more) of people, through hardwork, diligence and industry.

The Fuji plenipotentiary is gone sad. I still remember your days of Fuji Reggae, Fuji Disco, Fuji Vibration even before the days of Barry at 40 or Fuji Garbage. He elevated Fuji music and made it acceptable to the elite. May the soul of Sikiru Ayinde Ololade Adeyinka Balogun Barusati Barrister rest in peace.

And certain things ran through his over 40 years of music: promotion of his town - Ibadan, his religion - Islam, and the respect for and praise-singing of his mother - Alhaja Odere Sifawu Balogun.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by Shock(m): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2010
Why do people now say Wasiu Ayinde is the King of Fuji? is he better than Sikiru Ayinde or just more popular?
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by ElRazur: 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2010
Shock:

Why do people now say Wasiu Ayinde is the King of Fuji? is he better than Sikiru Ayinde or just more popular?

He called himself that, and those who are his fans seem to agree. That is about it, it is not in anyway a fact that he is the "King".

na2day!:

I used to fall in love wit that girl in 1:56 and 2:25, she featured in so many videos of that time, i think she was aslo in shina peter's ace  grin

I had some fantasies in my head back then too. grin

violent:

waiting patiently with my HP camcoder, this is indeed a good day to honour such a man!. . .go on ElRazur, show us "kids" how it's done!

Lmao@show us kids. You no serious.

I will do the video thing if someone from here is brave enough to do it first. Ideally, a 1 min long clip of dancing fuji garbage. lol. It should be fun.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by MriCork: 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2010
is he a rappper? RIP
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by denzel2009: 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2010
Shock:

He actually confirmed later that Barrister was the Father of the king of fuji.(Baba Oba)
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by leonaidas(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2010
last week it was Mrs oshiomole, yesterday it was pa Enahoro, 2day it is barrister, 2morow it might be me or u or u, yes u! What av u done or what are u doin to make sure u leave a lasting impression on the sands of time? Tink about. R.I.P barrister.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by foyeks2001(f): 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
rip,
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by 2busy: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
INNA LILAHI WA INA ILAEHI RAJJIUUN
TRULY TO ALLAH WE BELONG AND TRULY TO HIM WE SHALL RETURN

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by kolaoloye(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2010
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by seunmsg(m): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2010
R.I.P. Dr Sikiru Ayinde Barrister MFR. The creator of fuji music. Adieu mr Fuji
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2010
@jarus what u ve done by directing us here is wrong. The other thread was opened around 12pm whilst this one was opened at about 1pm. So on what basis can we place ur action

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=569416.msg7347994#msg7347994

Mukina and Jesoul doesnt do that as they look out for the first thread on a particular subject before passing judgement by locking for thread proliferation. Just to ask u what justifies ur action

Mr Fuji, may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. The songs i love most from him are fuji garbage, Dimension, fuji waves, fuji explosion, fuji extravaganza. He remains the best fuji singer in my opinion with his artistic compositions and singing style. Not forgetting also barry at 40. I love this track die. Reminds me back then when my mum clocked 40, we played this album from dawn till dusk in celebration it says 'omo o eyi pe dagba' bari to se 40 ase 50, omo o eyi pe dagba'
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by Jarus(m): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2010
my apologies.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by suxes2005(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2010
Mr i Cork:

is he a rappper?  RIP

Yes thought you do dance for him,

RIP baba agba, i grew up with his musics listening to it
thru my dad's old stuff, He left behind a legace jare lets
be hapi for him

==Abeg any news about the aso ebi chosen for his burial?==

SHALOM
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by seyibrown(f): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2010
RIP Alhaji Sikiru Ayinde Barrister! I sang and danced to his music growing up too.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by Remii(m): 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2010
Inna lilah waina ilehio raji hun, from God we came and to him is our returns.

It is all over the radio in Lagos Nigeria. Mr Fuji, Alhaji, Chief, Dr Sikiru Ayinde Barrister MFR is gone. He finally died from bullet wound he sustained at Abagana as a soldier during Nigeria Civil War.

May Allah accept his soul and forgive his short comings, Amin.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by 4tune1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2010
@Mr i cork, yes ooo the first Africa fuji rapper, go and listen to this; Daddy ati Mummy ewo mina ebi npami, ewo mina mi o yokun no early morning food, no lunch for afternoon, for dinner is doubtful. No kulikuli for Kano, no warakashi for Ilorin, no gari for Ijebu no kokoro for Egbado, no socks no books dont come to school tomorrow. Aggrrr I missed U Barry wonder RIP.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by zoomzoom1(m): 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2010
4tune1:

@Mr i cork, yes ooo the first Africa fuji rapper, go and listen to this; Daddy ati Mummy ewo mina ebi npami, ewo mina mi o yokun no early morning food, no lunch for afternoon, for dinner is doubtful. No kulikuli for Kano, no warakashi for Ilorin, no gari for Ijebu no kokoro for Egbado, no socks no books dont come to school tomorrow. Aggrrr I missed U Barry wonder RIP.

Thanks for the memories 4tune1,  May his soul rest in peace (Amin).
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by deebsman1(m): 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2010
Bowo fun baba pelu mama oo, kojo ale re ko le dun, bowo fun baba pelu mama o, kojo ale re kole pelaye, gr8 msg there. Baba barry, adieu.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2010
RIP Alhaji Agba.

I was just listening to his song on Tuesday Fuji Extravaganza.

I loved Fuji Garbage too,

My best of Alhaji Agba was Fuji Garbage in 1988, Extravaganza in 1991 Fantasia in 1992,  New Dimesion in 1993.

I didnt like his Fuji Waves.

I have been listening to Ijo Yoyo for the past 3 days especially the side 2.  I even sent it to Ileke-idi via IM to show her the songs we were rocking to before she was born

Rasco Allison Mo ma dupe e se, rasco Allison mo ma dupe ojo, O nawo nara o po, O nawo nara pupo lojo to soku mama e L'Oshogbo,

O di ile Abimbola omo Moralayo, Gentle man Omo Moralayoooo. . . .

Mother Iyabode ashake ade Melvinaaaa
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Dec 16, 2010
4tune1:

ladies and gentlemen, old and Young ones, wanna make sure you rise up and dance to Fuji garbage, I sing you dance,
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Dec 16, 2010
Extravaganza

A gbere wa de, Awa lo lohun orin tuntun, (2ce)

To ba je ti olorin,, Oba lo fi ran wa aaaa

A gbere wa de, Awa lo lohun orin tuntun,

B'awodi ba n sere, Ki eyekeye ma fohun l'eiye oko (2ce)

Aroye ni ise Ibaka oooo,

Ati igbe kike nishe eiye, Bologuro ti lohun to, O sin fo ri bale f'oba orin.

Ah ah ah A gbere wa de, Awa lo lohun orin tuntun, (2ce)

Abi who wan try me as per Fuji in the early 90's before the likes Of Wasiu Alabi Pasuma, Wasiu Ayinla Karashi, Sunny T Adeshokan,  Rashidi Ayinde Merenge, Shefiu Alao Omo-oko, Shina Akanni Ogolorinwa, Yoboro yobonson, Wasiu Container, Saheed osupa Saridon papa, Shanko Rashidi, Remi Aluko, Yisau Mirinda came on stage and spoilt it
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by denzel2009: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^Do you remember his album about magic kingdom in Orlando?
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2010
dayokanu u understand well well. u sef don old small lol. continuation of extravaganza. omo egbe barrister, lotun de. fuji comander lotunde.
baby mi wa lulu fun wa ka mujo.
bobo mi wa lulu fun wa ka mujo.
orin to pa wo ilu to jeti ngbese ti wa ni.

forget barrister sang original fuji and not the bull crap these young booyz are singing now adays. Dimension in 92 was my best. where he dedicated a track to late simbiat Abiola. iku ti se ka sehin, iku wole ola, iku pa simbiatu aiya abiola atinuke faiye le,
otun iya loje nisabi arinaku odo ju allah
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2010
Toba continuation of Extravaganza

baby mi je ka jo jo oo Ailejo tije Ele mi je ka mura ka jo sopo Ijooo (2ce)

Asha kan be ni London Alaye baba oro barri wonder lo gbe de

To ba je ti owo ni, Won a ni bawo lo she fe, Lo didi ni abi se wewe ni Nibo ni kin mu pade e na ee ee Ni bo ni Kin mu pade e na

Eja kan be ni London Tilapia lon je ee ee Tilapia lonje.

Mo wa lo mode yi jeka rira, Oloju Paolo Rossi je ka rira, Elese Maradona Je ka rira, Mo ri baby kan Onijo Roger Millaaa

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dimension>

Dimesional Fuji ti mo gbede, o di ile odu, o di Ile orin, Eni ba mo we ko ba mi kalooo

Mo tun ti yi Fuji padaaa Si New dimension, omo kekeke njooo, Agbalagba won jooo, ilu dokii ooo,

Awa la lalujo, popon orin o, ilu tiwa o fa ogbon yo.

Se ka mu lewe lewe abi ka mu lagba lagba
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by Remii(m): 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
denzel2009:

^^^Do you remember his album about magic kingdom in Orlando?

That was "Aiye" it was the song that got him honorary PhD in Music
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by Pukkah: 7:39pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ayinde Ololade, omo Agbaje Salami, Adake ja bii esu layeye Orun re o! Adieu Ayinde, you once sang that you were not afraid of death but should first take your mother, Odere Sifawu Omo Jakande, Omo Oshodi L Eko, Omo Ladigbolu, Omo Abibu Tapa, before coming to take you even on the second day.  O digba. sad
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2010
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by Pukkah: 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2010
I will miss you Alhaji Agba; your efforts and hardwork elevated Fuji from a local Yoruba genre to an international brand, the process of which earned you awards/honours like Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR), the Musical Legend of the Commonwealth (MLC), Africa International Music Ambassador (AIMA), honorary doctorate degrees, and many chieftaincy titles.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by MurphyG1(m): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2010
This news came as a shock to me. Barrister is my favorite musician. I listen to his music 24/7. I feel at home wheneva Im listening to his songs. May Almighty Allah grant him Aljanna Firdaus. Ameen. U will be missed.
( I still cant believe he is dead), Just cant believe it! cry cry
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by alanbolo(m): 8:27pm On Dec 16, 2010
Still enjoying his last CD - titled "STILL ALIVE"

RIP, Alhaji Agba.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by sulad82i(m): 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2010
May his soul rest in peace. He was an Icon indeed.
Re: Sikiru Ayinde Barister Is Dead! by violent(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2010
who is comparing Alhaji Agba with Kwam 1?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) / Fans Storm Lilian Esoro Instagram Page After Ubi Franklin Impregnated His Staff / Tunji Aderibigbe & Nora Nwosisi Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.