Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,380 members, 7,881,362 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:49 PM

Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners (3319 Views)

Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Loses To Angelique Kidjo / Alex Loses Out In BBNaija Bumbum Battle To Mercy Eke In Dubai (Photos) / 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by DailyGist101: 1:54am On Feb 19, 2020
Burna Boy loses out at 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners

Just like in the Grammys, Burna Boy failed to clinch the International Male Solo Artist award at 2020 Brit Awards in London on Tuesday night.

The Nigerian singer was nominated along with veteran singer Bruce Springsteen, Dermot Kennedy, Post Malone and Tyler, the Creator

Click here for latest news

Tyler, 28 years old, an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and music video director won in the category.

Incidentally, Tyler, full name Tyler Gregory Okonma is the son of a Nigerian father with Igbo ancestry and an American mother of mixed African-American and European-Canadian descent.

Burna Boy also lost in the second category, Song of the Year for which he was nominated along with Dave for the song, Location.

The winner was 23 year-old Lewis Capaldi, a Scottish singer-songwriter. He won with his hit song, Someone You Loved.

Capaldi was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Award at the 2019 Brit Awards. In March 2019, his single “Someone You Loved” topped the UK Singles Chart where it remained for seven weeks, and in October 2019 it reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100.

Other losers in the Song of the Year category were AJ Tracey – “Ladbroke Grove”, Calvin Harris and Rag’n’Bone Man – “Giant”, Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber – “I Don’t Care”, Mabel – “Don’t Call Me Up”, Mark Ronson and Miley Cyrus – “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart”, Sam Smith and Normani – “Dancing With a Stranger”, Stormzy – “Vossi Bop”, Tom Walker – “Just You and I”

Tuesday’s edition of Brit Awards coincided with the 40th anniversary of the show. It took place at the O2 Arena in London with Jack Whitehall as the host.

See the full list of winners through below link:

>>>>>>> https://www.naijanewsgist.com/entertainment-news/burna-boy-brit-awards-winners/

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Bluntguy: 2:59am On Feb 19, 2020
This is just not Burna's year... His time shall soon come.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Born2Breed(f): 4:46am On Feb 19, 2020
Bragging didn't win him any award again..

"I made myself"

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by irunoko(m): 5:07am On Feb 19, 2020
One of the mistakes People make when beginning to succeed is pride.do not ever let pride get in the way

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by ouzo1(m): 5:38am On Feb 19, 2020
In DJ Khalid's voice "another one"

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 19, 2020
Burna is full of himself.

Maybe if he start acting humble, he will win a headies award (he has to start from somewhere )

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Schedulee: 6:27am On Feb 19, 2020
NLReposter:
Burna is full of himself.

Maybe if he start acting humble, he will win a headies award (he has to start from somewhere )
Headies or grammy?
Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 19, 2020
Schedulee:
Headies or grammy?
Headies.

8 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Bola146(f): 6:41am On Feb 19, 2020
NLReposter:
Headies.
Haaaaaa.. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 19, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by EMXTAN1(m): 7:10am On Feb 19, 2020
If Burna don't win with his hit sings of last.. Then im not sure he ever will...

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Skyfornia(m): 7:33am On Feb 19, 2020
Village people on a prowl
Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Mraphel: 7:59am On Feb 19, 2020
Pride killed this artist. He grew up on yoruba soil still doesn't know how to relate with other artists and fans .Burna go and do it all on your own.

Speed darlington will win if nominated alongside burna

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Renforce: 8:30am On Feb 19, 2020
irunoko:
One of the mistakes People make when beginning to succeed is pride.do not ever let pride get in the way

He doesnt know Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Renforce: 8:30am On Feb 19, 2020
NLReposter:
Headies.

Oh muy days grin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by irunoko(m): 8:36am On Feb 19, 2020
Renforce:

He doesnt know Nigerians
pride is an enemy of achievement

The moment the enemy sees your potentials,he puts pride in you so you won't rise or achieve anything.i hope the insults and trolling he got from Nigeria will bring his senses back home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Renforce: 8:42am On Feb 19, 2020
irunoko:
pride is an enemy of achievement

The moment the enemy sees your potentials,he puts pride in you so you won't rise or achieve anything.i hope the insults and trolling he got from Nigeria will bring his senses back home

Facts

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by SURElee(f): 10:49am On Feb 19, 2020
Nobody paved the way for me. I'm best after Fela. His pride will kill him slowly. He never learn anything yet. He should go learn humility from other artist who have discovered that humility elevates.

Never look down on anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Jeamillz2020(m): 11:15am On Feb 19, 2020
Well � � � 2:0
Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Aidejay(m): 11:32am On Feb 19, 2020
Burnaboy petrol Neva finish for Moto
2020 give them again. African Giant 2 let it ring....beta jams
Ja ara e and more
Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by irunoko(m): 11:55am On Feb 19, 2020
Renforce:

Facts
he should learn humility from 2face.tuface stooped to conquer and as he was rising and getting all the accolades and attention he never let it get to his head at all and now he's a global entity

Even the Bible said it

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

They rubbed all manner of shiii, allegations, insults and disrespect still he focused on where he was going and look what we have now? The insults ( he no go school) etc are now his foot stool.look at those insulting him then say he's a drop out,na them give am honorary doctorate.person wey no even get bsc o.so when the Bible said the meek will inherit the earth, tuface was a perfect example.assuming he was replying every dog barking,he might have derailed and it's those same people that will jeer at him

Don't even let us go to how kennis music exploited him at his vulnerable stage when he had nothing.now look at him and look at kennis music

Burna boy has a lot to learn from tuface life.that includes character.then he should outgrow all this weed smoking.shebi dbanj too smokes weed but he's matured about it.he won't be smoking in a lousy and obnoxious way especially when these senseless teenage boys are looking up to you as a role model

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by irunoko(m): 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
SURElee:
Nobody paved the way for me. I'm best after Fela. His pride will kill him slowly. He never learn anything yet. He should go learn humility from other artist who have discovered that humility elevates.

Never look down on anyone.

even bill gates always acknowledges his father that he opened ways for him

Dangote acknowledges his uncle

Kwam1 acknowledges barrister so why this one dey form independent

No successful person did it on his own no Matter the talent

Those who gave you their phone to make a call when you were stranded and didn't have credit on your way for an important meeting or interview,those who gave you pure water and a chair to sit in their shop on your way back from studio sessions when you were rejected,those who gave you invited you to their house to eat with them or brought food for you,your classmate that helped you photocopy a note when you we'nt in class,your colleague that covered up for you when you were late to work,the man who paid for your transport fare to go and see an important person all contributed to your growth and success however little they seem,they did a whole lot for you.many of them you might not see them your whole life again.you con dey form I did it on my own.even ayefele sang Omi tobagbagbe orisun e ,odidandan kogbe

What am I trying to say in Essence.nobody on this earth made it without God or people.im not saying you should over rely on anyone but there are some individuals who are helpers of destiny God uses.even if you are born with gold and silver spoon in your mouth,there will still be things other people will do for you that daddy and mummy can't do for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by SURElee(f): 1:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
irunoko:
even bill gates always acknowledges his father that he opened ways for him

Dangote acknowledges his uncle

Kwam1 acknowledges barrister so why this one dey form independent

No successful person did it on his own no Matter the talent

Those who gave you their phone to make a call when you were stranded and didn't have credit on your way for an important meeting or interview,those who gave you pure water and a chair to sit in their shop on your way back from studio sessions when you were rejected,those who gave you invited you to their house to eat with them or brought food for you,your classmate that helped you photocopy a note when you we'nt in class,your colleague that covered up for you when you were late to work,the man who paid for your transport fare to go and see an important person all contributed to your growth and success however little they seem,they did a whole lot for you.many of them you might not see them your whole life again.you con dey form I did it on my own.even ayefele sang Omi tobagbagbe orisun e ,odidandan kogbe

What am I trying to say in Essence.nobody on this earth made it without God or people.im not saying you should over rely on anyone but there are some individuals who are helpers of destiny God uses.even if you are born with gold and silver spoon in your mouth,there will still be things other people will do for you that daddy and mummy can't do for you

God bless you. No mind burna boy. He still be boy. Since he no Wan humble and grow from boy to man, he will keep attending awards and others who can appreciate those who contributed to their success and paved way will be winning those awards.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by irunoko(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2020
SURElee:

God bless you. No mind burna boy. He still be boy. Since he no Wan humble and grow from boy to man, he will keep attending awards and others who can appreciate those who contributed to their success and paved way will be winning those awards.
since pride has blocked his brain from reasoning,I will remind him

The people he owes gratitude
1. God.its in the Bible - without me you can do nothing
2.his mom- orisa biya osi.the mother worked both as his manager, mother,promoter, financial adviser and protector from leeches aka alasewos who could have deviated his career or become baby mamas that will be bringing drama into his life or one night stand girls that would have wanted to be extorting from him or bringing scandals to him
3.angelique kidjo- she gave him the opportunity of global attention through her influence by helping him hype his talent (meanwhile in all honesty he's not as good as the way Angelique portrayed or painted him)
4.tuface,nice,dbanj,Tony tetuilla, abdulkareeem, olu maintain etc have literally gone to the bush,cut all the blockages,cleared the path,tarred the road and made it easier for new generation musicians to pass
5.nigerian fans.without your Nigerian fans there's no way he would have ever been recognised in the international scene.theyre the ones that make your career and give you fame
6.whoever owned the studio he used to practice,rehearse or train.if he didn't allow you use his studio,do you think it would have been easy for you?
7.your teachers at any level.primary, secondary or university

Your girlfriend is just there for the phenese and a good time.those aren't part of your success story, they're just perks of being a successful artist ABI you think if you were still looking for fans and you didn't have a name or money your current girlfriend ( stefflo) will be with you? Very unlikely

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Denique(f): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2020
Apart from pride, how did y'all expect BurnaBoy to win in a category that has BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN undecided

He's won all the entertainment awards there is to WIN kiss

Whick kain rough play be that undecided

Before anyone quotes me asking why BurnaBoy CAN NEVER win in any category having Bruce, here are some screenshots of his wiki...

... "there's a choice we're making, we're saving our own lives, it's true we make a brighter day just you and me..."
If you know, you know...

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Loses Out At 2020 BRIT Awards, See Winners by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Burna is proud, arrogant etc. But when Zlatan and CR7 say the same thing, una go twerk for dem. smh Nigerians

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

70% Of Lekki Wives Have A Side Guy And Are On Drugs - / She Was 23 In 2017, Now She’s 22”– Nigerians Accuse Bbnaija’s Nengi Of Lying Age / Instablog Owner Mistakenly Exposed Herself On Instagram Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.