Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,845 members, 7,848,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers (37465 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by oyewale0001(m): 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2020
All is well. I shall no say travelling out of Nigeria will favor me one day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Captainrambo2: 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
sureboykris:
I'm just wondering the implication of this on migration of healthcare workers to the UK.. Please Does anyone know?
fir nurses and psychologists it's good they re low paying jobs(u.k standards)

Not so good for doctors and surgeons. They'd rather pay thier own citizens huge amounts like 70k pounds than pay it to an immigrant negro.

I hope you understand
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Pelon(m): 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
SocialFinance:
The 20,000 visa allocated to young ppl have been largely unused by Nigeria youths especially the undergraduates.

This is another to prepare yourself for easy migration to UK after graduation.

I hope our youth will start using this opportunity. if you require further information about this, just quote me and ask, I will try to answer.
It would be great if you can expatiate more on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by AngelicBeing: 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
sassysure:

From what I have read so far, people working with an income of 20k but less than 25k can apply.

So this means people who are already living and working in UK?

Longest time, I have been busy and off Nairaland for a while, what is new on your side?
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by equilogng: 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
Didi2d:

I am presently working as a professional forklift operator, any link?

Visit any of our offices for more details..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by K4daniel: 1:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
I think £23k for those working in uk is better but needs to do something for Africans because only few Nigerians earning12m will want to relocate to UK.

1 Like

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by pat077: 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
Rosarie:
They want to curb migration
they want to curb low level migrants mostly from EU from entering and staying in their country. This migration policy will favour non-EU countries mostly Africans with the required skills needed.
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by RaptorX: 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2020
UK is a dump, not much better than living in Nigeria.
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by pat077: 1:50pm On Feb 19, 2020
K4daniel:
I think £23k for those working in uk is better but needs to do something for Africans because only few Nigerians earning12m will want to relocate to UK.
they are not saying one must be earning 12m in Nigeria to be eligible, you must have a job offer in the UK that is ready to pay you £23m and meet up with other requirements as well.

4 Likes

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by gnykelly(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
BlackfireX:
Please I need a politician to give me # 75 million from his/her stached away money in odd places , and in 2 years I will give it back....with interest.

To hell with UK

if truly you know what you can achieve with that money... why not think of how you can raise that money without interest
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by tyup(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
Obiaksnews:
What this invariably means is that the UK is no longer accepting people with low Education or Technical know how into it's territory. For those saying "Education na scam" you better sit up.

Lol grin grin
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by GreyLaw(m): 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
ttmacoy:
I’m sure it refers to jobs with £25k salary in the UK not from Nigeria. If your skills can’t get you at least £25K then it’s safe to assume it’s a very low skilled job.

Smart! I was just reading through the comments to see if someone was able to see this fact.

3 Likes

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
SocialFinance:
The 20,000 visa allocated to young ppl have been largely unused by Nigeria youths especially the undergraduates.

I hope our youth will start using this opportunity. if you require further information about this, just quote me and ask, I will try to answer.

Help out pls
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by uvie66: 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2020
RaptorX:
UK is a dump, not much better than living in Nigeria.
yes you are right, the only difference is that UK have constant light, well developed train system, clean Streets, constant running water, free broadband, minimal Kidnapping and armed robbery, very robust women and employment rights and no ballot snatching during elections.... this is however not an exhaustive list...and also majority have 2 children on the average not like some politicians who have four wives and 24 children and also we have to exchange our 450 naira for UK £1, so the recent minimum wage of 30k naira equates to about £80, So apart from all these differences listed above UK is the same as Nigeria when considering living standard.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Baroba(m): 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
Priti Patel - Home secretary with Indian ancestry.She is about to flood UK with "high skilled" Indian doctors and IT experts.. grin

That's her target, if you know Indians you shouldn't be surprised with this new policy..

7 Likes

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Longest time, I have been busy and off Nairaland for a while, what is new on your side?
Posted a private info for u to read. Hope u did so as I have deleted it.
No wonder, u were scarce with your koboko cheesy kiss
We are fine. Thanks a lot for asking.

Hope u are cool?

1 Like

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
K4daniel:
U are not expected to earn 12M here, ur skill needs to be able to fetch u around that amount over there....the simple meaning is a that it must be highly skilled...

1 Like

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Baroba(m): 2:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
sulaak:
The British don't want Okada riders and Keke Nepad. Doctors, Nurse, Biochemist and IT Consultant are welcome.

Lol, you say that, but they still need people to wipe the ass of their senior citizens in care and residential homes..Social care is a big problem in UK, the amount of people looking or waiting for care is insane..The locals don't want to do such jobs, so the UK will still need low skilled migrants from India, Philippines, Africa and Eastern Europe to work in there care homes and hospitals..People born in 1930+ are still alive in UK, they prospects ain't looking good if the keep restricting low skill labour especially in health and care ..

5 Likes

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Baroba(m): 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
Captainrambo2:
fir nurses and psychologists it's good they re low paying jobs(u.k standards)

Not so good for doctors and surgeons. They'd rather pay thier own citizens huge amounts like 70k pounds than pay it to an immigrant negro.

I hope you understand

Immigrant Negro, to use your own words are collecting that and more boss, English doctors are so thin on the ground these days; you are more likely to be looked after by a Naija or Indian doctor in UK... Omo many Nigerian doctors hold consultancy registrar (spR) roles in UK hospitals.. The competition is between us and Indians even in Nursing..The Oyibos pay for talent, in health they have no choice, it's either you have it or you don't..You can't hustle medicine.. cheesy

Btw, only a lazy nurse earns starting wage of 25k, I know Nigerian women that clear £70K as nurses..You just have to put in work..

4 Likes

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Glistinin(m): 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
SocialFinance:

Please how can graduates take advantage of this new policy? Can you break it down?

2 Likes

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
jerrybakermillz:
Never liked UK in the first place,is like Nigeria GRA

Funny but true!

Lekki Phase 2

1 Like

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by salford1: 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
Obiaksnews:
What this invariably means is that the UK is no longer accepting people with low Education or Technical know how into it's territory. For those saying "Education na scam" you better sit up.
You are correct. Education is not a scam. Trades and technical skills are considered highly skilled too, so those who can't get to a Polytechnic or Uni should atleast get a trade certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Gerrard59(m): 2:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
Baroba:

Immigrant Negro, to use your own words are collecting that and more boss, English doctors are so thin on the ground these days; you are more likely to be looked after by a Naija or Indian doctor in UK... Omo many Nigerian doctors hold consultancy registrar (spR) roles in UK hospitals.. The competition is between us and Indians even in Nursing..The Oyibos pay for talent, in health they have no choice, it's either you have it or you don't..You can't hustle medicine.. cheesy

Btw, only a lazy nurse earns starting wage of 25k, I know Nigerian women that clear £70K as nurses..You just have to put in work..

Is it not because the costs of studying medicine is increasingly expensive (and debt incurred), meanwhile, the salaries are low? Compared to a typical Nigerian doctor from say UI or Uniuyo who got subsidised education and no debt.

4 Likes

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Gerrard59(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

Funny but true!

Lekki Phase 2

You mean the UK is like Lekki Phase 2 that doesn't have a centralised public water system or reliable public transport system? shocked

You lots are hilarious.

5 Likes

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Xclusiveme: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
sunshineV:
None of my business for now.

Abeg when are we to reprint jamb slip to know exam center and date?

Lol march 8th
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:47pm On Feb 19, 2020
Gerrard59:

You mean the UK is like Lekki Phase 2 that doesn't have a centralised public water system or reliable public transport system? shocked

You lots are hilarious.

You know the vibes and stop pretending like you don't. UK is just a refined Lekki phase 2.

Let me say Advanced Lekki Phase 2
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2020
Baroba:
Priti Patel - Home secretary with Indian ancestry.She is about to flood UK with "high skilled" Indian doctors and IT experts.. grin

That's her target, if you know Indians you shouldn't be surprised with this new policy..

You are updated.

Indians and Chinese will be the biggest beneficiary's
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by frog12: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
dont worry, uk media will sack her again!

Baroba:

1 Like

Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Obiaksnews: 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
You're correct, But having a standard education helps for articulate self expression. Part of the UK new immigration laws requires new migrants to be able to speak and write English properly, meaning more priority is about to be placed on IELTS exams.
salford1:

You are correct. Education is not a scam. Trades and technical skills are considered highly skilled too, so those who can't get to a Polytechnic or Uni should atleast get a trade certificate.
Re: Post Brexit UK Visa/Job Policy: No Visas For Low-Skilled Workers by Obiaksnews: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2020
And yet when most of them graduate they start thinking of moving overseas, thereby cheating Nigeria who subsided their education to go service foreigners who didn't pay a dime for their education.

Note : I don't blame anybody who wishes to move abroad to seek for greener pastures, Nigeria needs to put it's house in order.

Gerrard59:

Is it not because the costs of studying medicine is increasingly expensive (and debt incurred), meanwhile, the salaries are low? Compared to a typical Nigerian doctor from say UI or Uniuyo who got subsidised education and no debt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Motorcyclists Smuggle People Across Ogun/Oyo, With N100 Bribe - Politics Nigeria / Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) / Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms Starting From Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.