Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:11 AM

My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa (3422 Views)

I Was Denied US Visa And My Agent Asked Me To Reapply / Refuse Covers Parts Of Surulere After Heavy Rain In Lagos (Viewers Discretion) / Calabar Residents Block Gutters With Refuse (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by good4all40: 11:31pm On Feb 20, 2020
Talk to her and let her realize that life is full of disappointments and in the future, never raise her hope for uncertainties, especially visas to first world countries.

You can take her to Togo or Ghana for one week vacation it is less expensive and better way to familiarize her with our neighboring countries.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
If u couldn't go to ur sister, ur sister can't come to u too?

Coming to Nigeria is Visa free. Are u Donald Trump determining granting of a Visa?

I got a Son, before telling him we wld travel, the basic requirement is clear such as a visa.

Please ma, unpromise ur daughter. U are not a visa officer.

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 21, 2020
AllforJesus7:

Sometimes we over pamper our children not knowing that we are poorly preparing them for the harsh reality of adulthood.

Teach your daughter to be strong. Teach her that life is full of disappointments (because this will not be the only disappointments that she will have to face growing up) but that you will try again and you will succeed. It is your responsibility to nurture her into a strong woman and build up a strong mentality in her to help her overcome future challenges.

Don't underestimate the impact of a consistent 5 minutes session of parental pep talk in the life of a young mind. Take her out for fun, make her happy and let her understand that these things happen.

Good luck.

Nigerians and their mentality

Give your child the best you can

Theres nothing like over pampering

With all the acclaimed morals what is Africa today. Nothing but a shithole with backwardness, poverty, corruption and lack.

Who defines what is good or bad, you?

Show your child the best and he will never settle for less.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by Nobody: 12:38am On Feb 21, 2020
good4all40:
Talk to her and let her realize that life is full of disappointments and in the future, never raise her hope for uncertainties, especially visas to first world countries.

You can take her to Togo or Ghana for one week vacation it is less expensive and better way to familiarize her with our neighboring countries.

Then do giveaway on nairaland right?

Togo? grin
Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 21, 2020
timagentms:
Hello Nairalander,

Pls help me out on this, since Wednesday we have been denied US visa, my only daughter of eight years has been crying and refuse to eat. I promised her that she will go and visit my sister children this coming break which they use to speaks on phone every week.

But it was so unfortunate that we were denied visa to the US even as a family and immediately I told her that we were not granted the visa, she started crying and weeping seriously. All what she is saying is I want to go and see (so so boy). Even in the middle of the night she wake me up and mentioned that name.

I noticed she has told some of her friends in school that she will soon go and visit my Sister in American, because some of them use to travel to US and UK too.

I have promise her that I will take her to US, and I think I have failed her with my promise. Pls what can I do to please her so that she will not crying again.

Kindly assist because I don't want her to sick and kill her moral in the school so that she will not look inferior from her friend in school.

Thank you.

Take her to Dubai

I think the most important thing to her. Is that she travels abroad this season. USA is an astronomical dream thanks to our bad leadership.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by Nobody: 4:17am On Feb 21, 2020
timagentms:
Hello Nairalander,

Pls help me out on this, since Wednesday we have been denied US visa, my only daughter of eight years has been crying and refuse to eat. I promised her that she will go and visit my sister children this coming break which they use to speaks on phone every week.

But it was so unfortunate that we were denied visa to the US even as a family and immediately I told her that we were not granted the visa, she started crying and weeping seriously. All what she is saying is I want to go and see (so so boy). Even in the middle of the night she wake me up and mentioned that name.

I noticed she has told some of her friends in school that she will soon go and visit my Sister in American, because some of them use to travel to US and UK too.

I have promise her that I will take her to US, and I think I have failed her with my promise. Pls what can I do to please her so that she will not crying again.

Kindly assist because I don't want her to sick and kill her moral in the school so that she will not look inferior from her friend in school.

Thank you.
I WILL TAKE her along when I visit.
To Calm her down, Tell her an UNCLE on NAIRALAND platform will file for her.
Yours was what time on Wednesday..?
6am, 6:30, 6:45am..?
What was their reason..?
Have you been to the US, before..?
Wasn't your statement of account rich enough...?
Are you a single Mum or married..?
If married, where does your husband reside..?
Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by Bonjovi13: 5:59am On Feb 21, 2020
God bless you my brother for this comment.
Alot of these young parents have transferred their competitive spirit to their children whether consciously or unconsciously.
The need to feel among or be part of the trendy group has put additional pressures on parents and now on their children.

It is ok for the little kid to feel disappointed and sad that she ain't going for vacation in the US since she has been looking up to it and must have told all her friends in school.That is understandable. She will get over it.

My issue is that the parent thinks it would make her feel inferior. Like seriously?
My dear,please talk to your child.Build her up mentally and psychologically.Tell her to be emotionally secure.
The opinion of her peers of her should determine how she feels and reacts to issues.

Tell het that what people think or say of her should not have a strong impact on her mind.
She should be her own person.Have a mind of her own.
It is this crowd bonding that is leading our youths astray and causing them to indulge in all manner of vices because of peer pressure.

Tell her that going to US or not going will not reduce her in any way even if the whole of the school goes for vacation there.
Dont be weak yourself.It is not the end of life.disappointment happen. Move beyond it.Life is still ahead get her ready.

Sometimes we over pamper our children not knowing that we are poorly preparing them for the harsh reality of adulthood.

Teach your daughter to be strong. Teach her that life is full of disappointments (because this will not be the only disappointments that she will have to face growing up) but that you will try again and you will succeed. It is your responsibility to nurture her into a strong woman and build up a strong mentality in her to help her overcome future challenges.

Don't underestimate the impact of a consistent 5 minutes session of parental pep talk in the life of a young mind. Take her out for fun, make her happy and let her understand that these things happen.

Good luck.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by timagentms: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2020
OlakunmiSMELTD:
Talk to her like a father
You can go with her to Dubai and spend 1week, visa , flight ticket and accommodation will not cost more than 500k for both of you

Or you can go to East Africa ( Kenya, Rewanda, Uganda ) with East African visa
Very easy to get, spend 1week
Accommodation, visa and flight ticket will cost 500k

Use the opportunity to disvirgin her passport and build your traveling profile.
To try Canada , and once you get Canada
USA will be easy

The truth is , if you try USA again now
Na still rejection. All they need now is your visa application fees.
This Ban will continue to affect Nigeria
Rwanda or Uganda will be OK. Thank you.
Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by OlakunmiSMELTD: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2020
timagentms:

Rwanda or Uganda will be OK. Thank you.
So apply to Rwanda online like 50usd
Or travel with visa on arrival, U can also enter Kenya from Rwanda by bus. It wouldn't cost more than 30usd for visa

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by timagentms: 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2020
OlakunmiSMELTD:

So apply to Rwanda online like 50usd
Or travel with visa on arrival, U can also enter Kenya from Rwanda by bus. It wouldn't cost more than 30usd for visa
pls I have sent you an email, pls check us mail sir. Thank u
Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by OlakunmiSMELTD: 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
timagentms:

pls I have sent you an email, pls check us mail sir. Thank u
Replied

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by timagentms: 10:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
[quote author=EVILFOREST post=86826235] I WILL TAKE her along when I visit. To Calm her down, Tell her an UNCLE on NAIRALAND platform will file for her. Yours was what time on Wednesday..? 6am, 6:30, 6:45am..? What was their reason..? Have you been to the US, before..? Wasn't your statement of account rich enough...? Are you a single Mum or married..? If married, where does your husband reside..? [s][quote author=EVILFOREST post=86826235] I WILL TAKE her along when I visit. To Calm her down, Tell her an UNCLE on NAIRALAND platform will file for her. Yours was what time on Wednesday..? 6am, 6:30, 6:45am..? What was their reason..? Have you been to the US, before..? Wasn't your statement of account rich enough...? Are you a single Mum or married..? If married, where does your husband reside..? [/s][quote author=EVILFOREST post=86826235] I WILL TAKE her along when I visit. To Calm her down, Tell her an UNCLE on NAIRALAND platform will file for her. Yours was what time on Wednesday..? 6am, 6:30, 6:45am..? What was their reason..? Have you been to the US, before..? Wasn't your statement of account rich enough...? Are you a single Mum or married..? If married, where does your husband reside..?
Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by timagentms: 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
OlakunmiSMELTD:
Replied
seen. Thank u
Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by Greystone: 9:27am On Feb 22, 2020
It’s unfortunate for her to start experiencing disappointments at that age.
I wish you guys better luck next time.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by gnykelly(m): 9:35am On Feb 22, 2020
timagentms:
Hello Nairalander,

Thank you.

bros if you have the means...take her to Kenya make she go see Safari.... let her snap with those exotic animals... give her a bragging privilege...those things will shape her personality by not making her feel others are superior to her.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by travelland(f): 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2020
Smh just one of many dissapointments she will have to face in life

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by timagentms: 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
gnykelly:

bros if you have the means...take her to Kenya make she go see Safari.... let her snap with those exotic animals... give her a bragging privilege...those things will shape her personality by not making her feel others are superior to her.
Thanks for your suggestion.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by Originalsly: 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
salford1:

If your sister has the fund, you can all travel to a neutral zone. E.g. Dubai.

See solution?..... the daughter can't tell the difference between the US and Lagos if she doesn't live in Lagos. Two things are required..... that she travels on a plane.... and she meets her cousins. Then she will live with any explanations.
But why would the parent even think of making such a promise before getting a Visa? Never make a promise to young children that you can't keep. Explanations do not work and they may hold it against you.... for life.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter Refuse To Eat And Stop Crying Since We Denied US Visa by timagentms: 11:48am On Feb 23, 2020
Originalsly:

See solution?..... the daughter can't tell the difference between the US and Lagos if she doesn't live in Lagos. Two things are required..... that she travels on a plane.... and she meets her cousins. Then she will live with any explanations.
But why would the parent even think of making such a promise before getting a Visa? Never make a promise to young children that you can't keep. Explanations do not work and they may hold it against you.... for life.
Thanks for suggestion sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jakpa: Nurse Sister Now Stuck . Help ! / My Take On Life In The UK / B - Referral In Us Visa Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.