Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,580 members, 7,888,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:11 PM

Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In (4498 Views)

"D'banj Needs An Electric Chair"- Nigerian's React To Press Statement By Seyitan / At 21, Kylie Jenner Becomes The Youngest Self-made Billionaire Ever / Kcee: ''E-money Is The Youngest Billionaire Of All Times'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by gistembassy123: 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sad, this is a story of how a young black boy named George Stinney Jr. was sentenced to death by electric chair in the 20th century in the United States. SleekGist Reports.
14 years George, during his trial, until the day of his execution, was always carried a bible in his hands, claiming for innocence.

He was accused of killing two white girls, Betty of 11 years old and Mary of 7, the bodies were found near the house where the teenager resided with his parents.

At that time all the jurors were white. The trial lasted only 2 hours and the sentence was handed down 10 minutes later.

The child's parents were threatened and prevented from giving him gifts in the courtroom and then expelling them from that city.

Before the execution, George spent 81 days without being able to see his parents.

He was trapped in a solitary cell, 80 km from his city. He was heard alone without the presence of his parents or a lawyer.

He was electrocuted with 5,380 volts in the head.

70 years later, his innocence was finally proven by a judge in South Carolina. The beam with which the two girls were killed, weighed more than 19.07 kilograms. Therefore, it was impossible for Stinney to be able to lift it, let alone be able to hit hard enough to kill the two girls. The child was innocent, someone put everything together to blame him just for being black.

See more here...

https://sleekgist.com/viral/meet-george-stinney-jr-the-youngest-boy-sentenced-to-death-by-electric-chair-in-the-united-states/

1 Like

Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by Alphafeezay(m): 2:39pm On Feb 20, 2020
70 years later he was found innocent.

My heart bleeds.

My his young innocent soul continue to rest in perfect peace. Amen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by cRobo: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2020
This is very sad! sad

Shame on all those jurors. The ones that may still be alive deserves to be punished for this wickedness!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by Bigmanpickin: 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2020
E do na shoo.. Mind no cut you to dey post this kind horrible incident bros
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by Jackossky(m): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
Heart breaks.
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by DRPAIT123(m): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
These are unspeakable stories that must be told so that posterity can learn from the grave mistake or maybe racial prejudice of some highly asinine and corrupt modaf*ckers.
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by cassidy1996(m): 8:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
history of pains
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by Amstupid(m): 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
When oyinbo made sumtin , they will test it na
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by potent5(m): 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
It shall not be well with some whites for the atrocities they committed against the black man.

1 Like

Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by HerrDamilord(m): 2:17am On Feb 21, 2020
I'm sure those pictures are from a movie. Colored pictures 70 years ago?? Bruh
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:36am On Feb 21, 2020
Picture is probably from a movie of the story. Image below of the original kid. Sad tale.

Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 21, 2020
Very PITIFUL.
But presently KIDS suffer worse than this in MIDDLE BELT and NORTHERN NIGERIA most especially.

Not NEW to the NIGERIAN KIDS, who are regularly killed en maase in plateau and Benue states by BLACK NEIGHBORS and RELATIVES
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by rexchazy(m): 6:25am On Feb 21, 2020
So sad
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by Tookool(m): 7:15am On Feb 21, 2020
That was just 1 out of the 20 billion cases of racism in the US
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by Waytolife: 8:46am On Feb 21, 2020
To be sincere, I was abt giving up on my. Life, locked myself inside the room for days now thinking of ending my life, because I lost my job at a very crusial stage of my life, a lots of things depends on this job, I lost the job becos someone want me to ripped others off their hard money. But when I read this story, I felt alive again. I felt what I assume to be unfortunate is not actually what it is.

I will rise and make head way
Thanks nairaland for saving a life today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by Meedon: 8:50am On Feb 21, 2020
I wept
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by pacespot(m): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2020
Humans have been doing miscarriage of justice just because of the way you look long time immemorial. Tragic cry
Re: Meet George Stinney Jr. The Youngest Boy Sentenced To Death By Electric Chair In by Glorywebber88: 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
HELLO WORLD !!

WE BUILD PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE ...YOUR BUSINESS NEED A WEB-PAGE ONLINE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11086173_whatsappimage20200206at11_53_58amcopycopy2_jpeg_jpeg3437f229d0aa8cc8a0e6b7bee3633760

CALL OR WHATSAPP US FOR MORE INFORMATION

(1) (Reply)

O.m.g See What Megan Fox Wore To The MTV Awards / Introducing: Winnie And Nelson Mandela / Musician Flavour Expecting Child With Mikel Obi’s Ex-girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.