Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,761 members, 7,952,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:05 AM

Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? (2444 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by mamaput(f): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2007
Husband and wife are[b] not [/b] soul mates.
Soul mates are one in a million.
I can understand knotty very well.
My ex used to like staying up late to watch TV i loved going early to bed or sometimes he goes out for a drink and comes home late.
I hated it to be woken up late in the night or better said early in the morning(way after midnight.)
To solve that problem we agreed he sleeps in an other room.
By the way what if he is fed up with the marrage is that a crime? Shit happens.
Its a hard world out there and from the look of things she is the one giving him a hard time.
You cannot change anyone only yourself.
And from the look of things they poor man only wants his peace
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by GEW: 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2009
mamaput:

Husband and wife are[b] not [/b] soul mates.
Soul mates are one in a million.
I can understand knotty very well.
My ex used to like staying up late to watch TV i loved going early to bed or sometimes he goes out for a drink and comes home late.
I hated it to be woken up late in the night or better said early in the morning(way after midnight.)
To solve that problem we agreed he sleeps in an other room.
By the way what if he is fed up with the marrage is that a crime? Shit happens.
Its a hard world out there and from the look of things she is the one giving him a hard time.
You cannot change anyone only yourself.
And from the look of things they poor man only wants his peace
where is boy na? no update
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by agathamari(f): 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2009
why on earth do you want seperate rooms? are you planning on bring someone home?
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Fhemmmy: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2009
Married and living in separate rooms/
I am sure you saw your Mom and Dad doing that, but time has changed.
You ought to sleep on same bed as your wife.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by allycat: 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2009
The wife should relax and enjoy herself. I protested when my husband said he wanted separate rooms 10 years ago. So now I am stuck. I wrangled a room for myself moved my stuff there about 2 years ago but I haven't been allowed to sleep there alone one night. The same guy now says he cant sleep alone. So now I have to listen to him snore, kiss early morning bad breath or occasionally alcohol breath and sometimes sleep with my neck in a wrestlers head lock. What wouldnt I give to have some peacefull nights on my own. The only saving grace is we both agreed no TV in the bed room so if he wants to watch late night movies he goes to the living room or the guest room.Thank God I love that guy cos if not I would be mad by The only thing I wonder is what would the poster have said if it had been the wifeys idea.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Outstrip(f): 12:49am On Aug 07, 2009
I don't see why you should want your own bedroom. I can understand your own space like a man cave but at the end of the day you simply just have to have a room where you have your marriage bed. I am on your wife's side on this one. Make a space for yourself if you are feeling a little crowded where no one bothers you but you have to keep that connection to your wife.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
Only 5 nights apart?
that means no travelling without the other?
Haaaaaaaaaaa, that will choke person oh.
I think it is good for the relationship for the man and woman to chill out away from each other sometimes oh, so that when they now come back, they will burn with fire in bed.
However, i am never in support of man and woman sleeping in separate rooms while they are in same home oh.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Outstrip(f): 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Only 5 nights apart?
that means no travelling without the other?
Haaaaaaaaaaa, that will choke person oh.
I think it is good for the relationship for the man and woman to chill out away from each other sometimes oh, so that when they now come back, they will burn with fire in bed.
However, i am never in support of man and woman sleeping in separate rooms while they are in same home oh.

I know couples like that that have wonderful marriages. My friend though only married about 8 years was never apart from her husband until earlier this year. They have a very strong marriage. I personally do not mind some days apart. LOL. I just think that when you decide to have your own separate bedroom and bed you're starting something that can lead to a break down in intimacy
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
Outstrip:

I know couples like that that have wonderful marriages. My friend though only married about 8 years was never apart from her husband until earlier this year. They have a very strong marriage. I personally do not mind some days apart. LOL. I just think that when you decide to have your own separate bedroom and bed you're starting something that can lead to a break down in intimacy

Leaving in seperate room is stupid and ridiculous, they cld as well just break up and divorce.
But a lil break from my woman, to me is golden, cos i wanna miss her, and i hope she wanna miss me too, so that when we get back together, na iraq and iran having fun tongue
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Outstrip(f): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Leaving in seperate room is stupid and ridiculous, they cld as well just break up and divorce.
But a lil break from my woman, to me is golden, cos i wanna miss her, and i hope she wanna miss me too, so that when we get back together, na iraq and iran having fun tongue

LOL. Please don't dislocate her hip o.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Fhemmmy: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
Outstrip:

LOL. Please don't dislocate her hip o.

Love will join them back, if dislocated
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Outstrip(f): 7:32pm On Aug 07, 2009
My dear love heals a multitude of things but not dislocation grin
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Fhemmmy: 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
Outstrip:

My dear love heals a multitude of things but not dislocation grin

there is always a start for everything oh.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 07, 2009
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Fhemmmy: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
chaircover:

Femi dont make me cry o! I am due to travel for a week soon without hubby and I have been quite down about it; so please dont go there as its quite a sore point at the minute.  cry

I suppose he will have a week of peaceful nights. . . . with no teeth grinding.

Outstrip is right I beg take am easy O!

Only one week, you are down?
I will even be the one to pay for my woman to go and spend time with the girls, while i chill.
there is nothing like a man and woman missing themselves, and they can now make out when they see
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Outstrip(f): 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
Eyah. He will be back before you know it. I know even the kids will find it odd because they are so used to him being around. I used to literally cry when I had to go back to Chicago when we were still dating but now I will convince him to stay away longer to help him really rest. LOL.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 08, 2009
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2009
chaircover:

Thanks jare Outstrip; you understand. Dont mind Femi

I'm the one going away. I've never been away from both the kids and hubby at the same time. The only time I've been away from hubby is when I took the kids on holiday for 5 days and my daughter waited until we got to the hotel and unpacked and then told me she wanted to go home because she missed her daddy angry

I then spent the next 4 days trying to bribe her to please stay until it was time to go back home. Little madam!

I suppose it being the first time of my being away makes it difficult but I have no choice but to cope wink

This will give Mr. Chaircover, opportunity to miss you and when you get back home, get ready for the 3rd child.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2009
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Fhemmmy: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
chaircover:

Excuse me sir, clears throat wink

We dont have to be away from each other to appreciate & miss each other. wink everyday is Christmas

I understand what you mean, but there is a difference
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by mamagee6(f): 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I understand what you mean, but there is a difference

The Only difference there is that he's clearing his throat.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2009
,mama-gee:

The Only difference there is that he's clearing his throat.

She be woman oh.
Re: Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms? by mamagee6(f): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2009
She then. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The End Of Marriages. / What Does A Man Do Alone In A House For Days / HACKED Netflix Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.