Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,799 members, 7,941,999 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

What Made Nigeria So Populated - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Made Nigeria So Populated (20289 Views)

Amaechi To Be Made Nigeria Ambassador To Australia. / Ezeife- They Have Made Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan / Who Is The Most Corrupt President In Nigeria So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Onlytruth(m): 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

start a thread and i will came there and we discuss about him and zimbabwe

i will give the point of view from zimbabwean like me and that of other zimbabwean that dont agree with me

Okay, you do know that there is an INTERNATIONAL POLITICS section on this website, right?
That is a place where you discuss foreign things, or if you are foreigner you can discuss Nigerian things there.

Here, you are in domestic Nigerian politics section. This place is for Nigerians, or people from within that space. Gerrit now?

Something tells me you know that already but came here deliberately to poke fun and insults at Nigerians.  undecided

If you must discuss Nigerian things here, show respect and quit your condescending crap.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2010
Onlytruth:

Okay, you do know that there is an INTERNATIONAL POLITICS section on this website, right?
That is a place where you discuss foreign things, or if you are foreigner you can discuss Nigerian things there.

Here, you are in domestic Nigerian politics section. This place is for Nigerians, or people from within that space. Gerrit now?

Something tells me you know that already but came here deliberately to poke fun and insults at Nigerians.  undecided

If you must discuss Nigerian things here, show respect and quit your condescending crap.

you are wrong check my post i dont insult people unless they insult me

just start the thread and let me know and i will join you

check what i do in the internet/computer section
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2010
First of all try and get your sources straight; Nigeria is the 8th populous country in the world and is estimated to become the 2nd by the year 2050.
The root reason 4 over-population in Nigeria is POVERTY. I can"t go in too deep 2 explain coz dats like a 6 units course spread over 2 semesters, but I'll say this: Poverty is one of the major cause of high illiteracy rates, which is d obvious cause of people believing reproducing 2 make money out of d children. Also, lack of woman empowerment increase population (just note it, will tk me 2 long 2 explain). The Economic paradox also comes: 'The higher d income u receive the lower the children conceived but the lower d income the high the children conceived' - this basically because for the high income earners cost of rearing children increases and in order to maintain their standard of living fewer children r required; but for low income earners they don't know the cost of rearing children and they see them as a source of income.
to understand better try reading the 'Demographic Transition Theory' by Coale-Demning.

GBAM!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2010
[/quote]I guess I just don't get it.

Some developing countries simply reproduce at higher rates. Saying "bonk like rabbits" may seem like a vulgar, and denigrating way to phrase the question of higher reproduction rates to some people but it kind sounds like humorous way to phrase the question in plain, common, language more than an attempt to insult to me. The poster probably isn't particularly tactful in real life either, but one of those frank, straight-to-the-point kind of people if the other posts are anything to go by. If I wanted to insult a group of people and call them randy, lascivious, or too lustful for their own good, or whatever else people might be reading into that, I wouldn't ask them "are you guys so Hot and sex-obsessed that you make so many babies"? and actually sit back and wait for a response. That makes no sense as a way to go about insulting somebody, in my opinion. I guess I just see something else. I'll agree to disagree.[quote]

i agree with you. it is really not that serious. a little crass, yes, but some of you are WAY too sensitive. relax.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by GAR3TH(m): 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2010
20 hours every day with out electrictiy, abi, you cant watch manchester vs chelsea, so you have to find some way to entertain your self. wink
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by OchiAgha2(m): 1:39am On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL is getting pounded. lol  grin No pun intended

Tell Comrade Mugabe that he needed whitie after all to feed his people.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:40am On Dec 18, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

ZIM DRILL is getting pounded. lol grin No pun intended

Tell Comrade Mugabe that he need whitie after all to feed his people.

is that what you call pounding ?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by murtalaa(m): 2:48am On Dec 18, 2010
@poster, nigeria is very unique and incomparable to any any country in the world.

since you talk of population, in nigeria population increases as you venture desertward. dont ask me why, i did not make it so. what else do you want to know? grin
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Tsiya(m): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2010
ECOMOG Baby Boom

Lydia Glabor’s son is just one of the many children born to Nigerian ECOMOG troops who served in Liberia between 1990 and 1996.They have been variously called’ECOMOG Babies’ or’ ECOMOG Kids’. This phase in Liberia’s social history has been referred to as the ‘ECOMOG Baby Boom’. It was a moment when the population began to expand. When some in Liberia were not sure who their fathers were, the children were then named ‘ECOMOG Bastards’. Little knowledge of the father can be a big social problem in Africa. The number of births by Liberian women have been put at 250,000.The news broke recently when a senior government official stressed this figure before the House of Representatives Diaspora Committee, and said ‘many of the kids have undergone registration and naturalization as Liberians, having waited for years without seeing their fathers.’

In Liberia many persons interviewed by this reporter, including a journalist who was in the thick of the Liberian war, stressed that the figure is correct,and that its likely to be higher than the 250,000.This reporter also found out that the Department of Social Welfare in Monrovia has recently commenced the registration of all births in Liberia. No proper records of births are in existence right now. This was occasioned by the war in that country.

Abubakar Umar Kari of the Department of Sociology, University of Abuja says “we thought ECOMOG had gone to keep the peace in a war-torn country. We never knew they had gone to serve as agents of population explosion”. A former ECOMOG soldier in Nigeria (name withheld) told Weekly Trust that the figure must be correct. Citing himself as an example, he said he had 58 girlfriends in the three-year period he spent in Liberia as part of the ECOMOG contingent. But he adds that he used condom, and that his colleagues had a greater number of girlfriends than he had at the time in question. In addition he says that he is HIV negative.

Abdulkazim Akanmu, who served with ECOMOG in Liberia, whom this reporter met at the Ijebu-Oru Refugee Camp in Ogun State, adds that the population of children born by Liberian women to Nigerian soldiers must be higher than 250,000. He says “it’s more than that. It must be double the number given,” laughing. He has five children by a Liberian wife and he calls them out, introducing the group as his ‘battalion’. Three of these children were born in Liberia during the period of the ECOMOG intervention.

Harrison Aniukwu, Chairman, Nigeria Citizens Union, Red Light Monrovia comments on the population of babies born to Nigerian soldiers by Liberian women. “In the 1990s countless women came forward to say that they had children for Nigerian ECOMOG soldiers. So Ambassador Ogbonnaya Nduaka tried to get them registered at the Nigerian Embassy. Then the 2003 war broke out. We helped those who knew the addresses and names of the fathers of their children. But the population of births for our Nigerian soldiers is certainly higher than 250,000, given the numbers of those I saw who came forward to be evacuated”. He also explained why relationships blossomed between ECOMOG troops and the local women. His words: “ECOMOG was providing food supplies to the people here during the war and so relationships blossomed because ECOMOG provided security as well.” According to him, most of the women who came forward could even speak a smattering of Nigerian-type Pidgin English and the children had obviously Nigerian names. A former ECOMOG soldier tells this reporter: “We all had girlfriends and I am not left out. During the crisis our soldiers befriended their girls, and the girls became pregnant.”

http://www.weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4892:how-nigerian-soldiers-fathered-ecomog-kids-&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Arosa(m): 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2010
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated, LOL. The questions should be what made other African countries less populated? is it because of aids, are they Gay or are they just shy of pussyy? undecided
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Jay595(m): 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2010
@ Poster - U might not hv meant it as an insult but its impossible to detect ur tone of speech because ds is chatting not talking, what u should hv done is to add something like 'lol' just 2 signify it as a joke. since its 2 late 2 do dat, Y not be d grown-up and apologize, whether u feel u'r right or wrong. Good question by d way!

@ Other Nigerians- lets free d dude, it was a reasonable question even though dat comment about breeding like rabbits made it sound like an insult. The basic fact is that u guys r making it seem like d truth if u'r arguing over it, its his opinion and I believe that "opinions are like assholes, everybody is entitled 2 1". dat being his opinion doesn't necessarily make it true.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by BetaThings: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2010
Jay595:

@ Poster - U might not hv meant it as an insult but its impossible to detect your tone of speech because ds is chatting not talking, what u should hv done is to add something like 'lol' just 2 signify it as a joke. since its 2 late 2 do dat, Y not be d grown-up and apologize, whether u feel u'r right or wrong. Good question by d way!

@ Other Nigerians- lets free d dude, it was a reasonable question even though dat comment about breeding like rabbits made it sound like an insult. The basic fact is that u guys r making it seem like d truth if u'r arguing over it, its his opinion and I believe that "opinions are like assholes, everybody is entitled 2 1". dat being his opinion doesn't necessarily make it true.
Of course it is an insult. When a Nigerian says that, he is part of it and is taken lightly. But when rabbit heads are talking, then it is insulting. Let him try and remove his own despot from office and feed the small population they have
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2010
BetaThings:

Of course it is an insult. When a Nigerian says that, he is part of it and is taken lightly. But when rabbit heads are talking, then it is insulting. Let him try and remove his own despot from office and feed the small population they have

those with weak minds shall puff and huff with answering the question

those with sharp minds shall see the question and really think about the question and try to answer from their point of view
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

those with weak minds shall puff and huff with answering the question

those with sharp minds shall see the question and really think about the question and try to answer from their point of view

Stop it

It is annoying

It is a Nigerian forum, and If you dont know, now get it to your thick skull, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME!

Get the dimwits in your country together and try creating something remotely as good as this!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
strangerf:

Stop it

It is annoying

It is a Nigerian forum, and If you dont know, now get it to your thick skull, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME!

Get the dimwits in your country together and try creating something remotely as good as this!

kick me out if am not welcome

and the admin should stick are banner saying NON NIGERIANS are not welcome until then i shall say what i feel like saying
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 6:58pm On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

kick me out if am not welcome

and the admin should stick are banner saying NON NIGERIANS are not welcome until then i shall say what i feel like saying

Get your people together and create something as good

Dont you have enough intellectuals?

Or do you need us to come over and teach you again

You are extremely annoying and dumb sounding!
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:03pm On Dec 18, 2010
strangerf:

Get your people together and create something as good

Dont you have enough intellectuals?

Or do you need us to come over and teach you again

You are extremely annoying and dumb sounding!

since you think that you have the intellectuals teach me then if you dont or dont have time then shut da fuk up because you got nothing to offer
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by strangerf: 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

since you think that you have the intellectuals teach me then if you dont or dont have time then shut da fuk up because you got nothing to offer

With this attitude of yours, I cant see you going far in life.

Not too hard to see why your country is in the mess it is
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2010
strangerf:

With this attitude of yours, I cant see you going far in life.

Not too hard to see why your country is in the mess it is

unforunately life has surprises i will go far than you think ask yourself how have i made it this far

stick to one subject ME

if you want to know about zim situation then ask in different thread i will give you more infor
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by SapeleGuy: 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2010
Make una take am easy. The man has asked a legitimate question - one that we have asked and answered several times over, coming from Zimbabwe or Mars will not change the legitimacy of this question.

Nigeria is the only country in the world where the population decreases as you move from dry desert to the lush tropics (the reverse is the case in the rest of the world). The population figures are plainly false. A lie by any other name is still a lie.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Make una take am easy. The man has asked a legitimate question - one that we have asked and answered several times over, coming from Zimbabwe or Mars will not change the legitimacy of this question.

Nigeria is the only country in the world where the population decreases as you move from dry desert to the lush tropics (the reverse is the case in the rest of the world). The population figures are plainly false. A lie by any other name is still a lie.

what do the government benefit from lying IMF, WORLD BANK doesnt give loans based on population

so whats the point of saying ? i dont get it or it is just that you guys are feeling a bit bruised with nunbers to tend to say it is a lie
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by SapeleGuy: 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

what do the government benefit from lying IMF, WORLD BANK doesnt give loans based on population

so whats the point of saying ? i dont get it or it is just that you guys are feeling a bit bruised with nunbers to tend to say it is a lie

"For to those who have, more will be given, and they will have an abundance; but from those who have nothing, even what they have will be taken away."

It depends how much credence you give to the numbers, judging by recent election results, Zimbabwean arithmetic is just as bad as Nigerian arithmetic when it comes to census. Please don't ask why elections are rigged.

I am surprised that a Zimbabwean does not understand the correlation between politics, population and power - and how these can be used to allocate resources. I can draw similarities with how the Shona control the resources whilst the Ndebele and others look on.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2010
SapeleGuy:

"For to those who have, more will be given, and they will have an abundance; but from those who have nothing, even what they have will be taken away."

It depends how much credence you give to the numbers, judging by recent election results, Zimbabwean arithmetic is just as bad as Nigerian arithmetic when it comes to census. Please don't ask why elections are rigged.

I am surprised that a Zimbabwean does not understand the correlation between politics, population and power - and how these can be used to allocate resources. I can draw similarities with how the Shona control the resources whilst the Ndebele and others look on.

on that i dont agree with you

election where rigged not becoz of the population number ? but on those who voted between the PMs and presidental

the population of zimbabwe is known and we agree to the numbers the only number which is not really known is how many zimbabweans living outside zim

on the last part i dont get you

the question is on total population not on how many ibo yoruba etc so the shona ndebele thing you put i dont get it
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ikeyman00(m): 9:01pm On Dec 18, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@

whenever an african open up a thread i usually laugh in owambe style

when i first saw this; i knew whatsup

zim kini oh hahaaaaaaaa
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@@

whenever an african open up a thread i usually laugh in owambe style

when i first saw this; i knew whatsup

zim kini oh hahaaaaaaaa

what your view on the high population ?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by SapeleGuy: 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

on that i dont agree with you

election where rigged not becoz of the population number ? but on those who voted between the PMs and presidental

the population of zimbabwe is known and we agree to the numbers the only number which is not really known is how many zimbabweans living outside zim

on the last part i dont get you

the question is on total population not on how many ibo yoruba etc so the shona ndebele thing you put i dont get it

There is nothing not to get here- this is all cookie cutter stuff. Please don't pretend there is no ethnic undercurrent to the politics of Zimbabwe. Have the Shona not oppressed the Ndebele?

Your elections were rigged and our census was also rigged, I think we are violently agreeing in that these things were done to control and maintain a grip on power and resources.

Nigeria allocates resources (including money) based on the Federal Character of the Nation (Regional Population) - I don't think it is necessary to further explain the inbuilt incentive that encourages the manipulation of census or election figures.
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2010
SapeleGuy:

There is nothing not to get here- this is all cookie cutter stuff. Please don't pretend there is no ethnic undercurrent to the politics of Zimbabwe. Have the Shona not oppressed the Ndebele?
Your elections were rigged and our census was also rigged, I think we are violently agreeing in that these things were done to control and maintain a grip on power and resources.

Nigeria allocates resources (including money) based on the Federal Character of the Nation (Regional Population) - I don't think it is necessary to further explain the inbuilt incentive that encourages the manipulation of census or election figures.

i didnt deny and you did not ask about it but you intangled it in the population debate and rigging, i dont see where it really fits

Nigeria allocates resources (including money) based on the Federal Character of the Nation (Regional Population) - I don't think it is necessary to further explain the inbuilt incentive that encourages the manipulation of census or election figures.--- then it makes sense thats way

do you want to know more about shona and ndebeles ?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nsiman(m): 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2010
Nigerians are very good in keeping injunctions. Remember "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth", so we must be chuking daily. Lol
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2010
Nsiman:

Nigerians are very good in keeping injunctions. Remember "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth", so we must be chuking daily. Lol

grin grin grin grin grin are muslims doing the same ?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nsiman(m): 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2010
Exactly! If they don't do same how do they reproduce?
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:48pm On Dec 18, 2010
Nsiman:

Exactly! If they don't do same how do they reproduce?

cool so they obey both the bible and the quaran ? or both lines are in the two books
Re: What Made Nigeria So Populated by Nsiman(m): 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2010
The bible is from God, the koran is from Allah, God = Allah and vice-versa. So it may be found in the koran too. Remember, the old testament is what is mainly in the koran

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan / After 100 Years Without Electricity, Solar Mini Grid Excites Kwara Community / [picture] See what Edo People did to Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.