Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,875 members, 7,966,279 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:43 AM

Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements (701 Views)

Arewa Youths Caution Buhari Over Inciting Statements / President Jonathan, IBB & Atiku Begs Obasanjo! / Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements by ASANIGBO(m): 5:58am On Dec 17, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan has sounded a note of warning to those making inciting statements, challenging Nigeria’s sovereignty as a nation and warned his government would no longer “take that kind of rubbish lightly.”

The president, who was speaking at the decoration ceremony of some newly promoted Nigerian Navy and Air Force Admirals and Air Vice Marshals yesterday in Abuja, said those who made such incendiary utterances were always the first to take their families abroad to stay until other people’s children and families suffered and died as a result of their mischief.

He was apparently reacting to perceived inciting statements by former president Ibrahim Babangida and former vice president and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.

Atiku had, while speaking at the National Stakeholders Conference organised by the Adamu Ciroma-led Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF) in Abuja, on Wednesday, warned the Federal Government on the likelihood of violence in next year’s election, saying, “those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.”

President Jonathan warned: “We will no longer allow that kind of culture. I will not allow anybody to take the country for a ride. And sometimes, I frown at some people making statements, especially those of us who are politicians making statements, challenging the sovereignty of this nation.

“Government will no longer take that kind of rubbish lightly. Because when we have crisis, we lose army officers, police officers and some of us who are the cause of the trouble are the people flying to the United States to go and stay until other peoples’ children will die, other people’s wives will suffer then they come back to be our leaders. We will no longer allow that kind of culture. I will not allow anybody to take the country for a ride.”

President Jonathan, while decrying inciting utterances by some politicians in recent times, said Nigeria was bigger than any individual. He called on those guilty of such inciting statements to focus on how to move the country forward and not toe the path of destruction. The president commended the role played by the Nigerian military to keep the nation one, saying but for the role played by the Nigerian Armed Forces in international peace support operations all over the world, Nigeria would not have been recognised as the giant of Africa.

He said the country, more than ever before, was ready to take her rightful place in the African sub-region, adding that the whole world was looking up to Nigeria to settle the political situation in Cote d’ Ivoire. “We have to thank the military for keeping the country together. You have shown leadership in the whole of Africa.

As for what is happening in Cote d’ Ivoire everyday, presidents all over the world are calling on me because they feel it is only Nigeria that can solve the problem of that country. That tells you how others rate Nigeria and we have no reason to derail. “I have to commend the military for doing that. We have that standing role in the society because of the role the military is playing.”

The president, who personally decorated the first female rear admiral in the Nigerian Navy with her new rank, said his administration was conferring with the leadership of the Nigerian Armed Forces to commence the admission of women into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) to be trained as regular combatant officers.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/17/national-17-12-2010-001.htm

Re: Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 17, 2010
Gej pls arrest any body who violates this order of urs frm nw on RIGHT ON THE SPOT OF UTTERANCE, enof of 'Do or Die Politics'. Na wetin?
Re: Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements by Ymodulus: 6:19am On Dec 17, 2010
galek:

Gej pls arrest any body who violates this order of urs frm nw on RIGHT ON THE SPOT OF UTTERANCE, enof of 'Do or Die Politics'. Na wetin?
[B]dey born him father well make he arrest IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA[/B]. jonathan is just speaking trash absolute nonsense, me and you know he his incapable, and doom think i am against him no am not, and am not supporting him either, infact he has done nothing for my niger delta brothers even in my neighbouring state bayelsa is ruins. So jonathan should stop speaking trash. I will only commend him on this because he used the media and not His facebook account
Re: Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2010
HOW CAN JONATHAN WARN IBB, even his Godfather OBJ no dey use IBB play oo, OBJ still goes to IBB in the night begging for GEJ .FACT
Re: Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements by Ymodulus: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2010
chuks01:

HOW CAN JONATHAN WARN IBB, even his Godfather OBJ no dey use IBB play oo, OBJ still goes to IBB in the night begging for GEJ .FACT over fact
Re: Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2010
too much talk. i expected him to arrest them based on those utterances which ibb and atiku has been making for a while now but he wont cause he's got no balls.
Atiku didn't even dare OBJ with such trash cause Obj want take that nonsense from him,its also a known fact that almighty IBB went incommunicado for 8yrs while Obj reigned supreme.
GEJ is so soft,that's why this guys are undermining him as a president which shouldn't be.

we need a strong willed president who will always do the right thing each time irrespective of who is involved. he is so scared of these thieves of which he is a part of the gang.

DAM PDP AND ALL THOSE IN IT INCLUDING MR PRESIDENT, THEY CAN KILL THEMSELVES IF THEY LIKE SINCE THAT WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF THE SOLUTION TO NIGERIANS PROBLEM.
Re: Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements by Blazay(m): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2010
At least we now know SSS did not issue the counter threat. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

nvv / Three Killed As Boko Haram Strikes Again, Fresh Bombers Caught / Nigeria: Life And Death In A City Fearful Of Islamist Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.