Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,672 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:27 AM

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (70967 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Muhylonaire(m): 10:41am On Feb 22, 2020
fk002:

The moment he said he is from Benin i has 20milla i knew he is a yahoo boy

Lmao... Bad guy grin grin
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by agarawu23(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2020
Michellekabod2:

You celebrate mediocrity....if he said he has just 1000 in his account will you ask how the 1000 came about?
Leave him alone
my post is meant for people with high IQ to comprehend smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Humphery247(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2020
No need to travel anywhere bro, just build a residential house, even if it is two story & start up a business with the remaining money.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by BlueAir: 10:42am On Feb 22, 2020
Oh theres no consultancy firm in his area? grin or he gat no passion?
Beautifulgirl:
. a responsible man with as little as N2m will never ask this kind of question online.
oga N20m is not small cash.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help
If you know what is good for your kids,better find your way to the US,but don't live extravagantly and you are good to go.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by mercy87(f): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2020
See them asking him to stay back. If you know what is good for you leave this country now. Your generation will thank you for it.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Torie8(f): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2020
[/quote]If I were you, well I think Canada should be another option instead of USA in terms of a more friendly environment for foreigners smiley[quote author=Brodapounds post=86854251]Nice but what type of business?

But sincerely, part of the reason why i want to leave is safety of my life and my sanity.

I want my future kids to come into the world in a sane environment with top class Education.

I feel with me in the USA, i will be opening doors and opportunity for my siblings which are in school right now.

One of my sisters is studying as a nurse, i want her to work in USA as a professional Nurse and i feel with me establishing myself there, if will be possible.

I don't think about myself only, as the eldest child and son, i want the best life for my siblings, so my parents will be proud of me, i want my parents to visit me freely In USA and i feel this 20 million naira is GOD answering my prayers.

Hope you understand?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Coquinoqui: 10:46am On Feb 22, 2020
Those telling to set up a business in Nigeria might not even be a business owners even though they're are they will not tell you the secret how they made it.
Those saying don't come to US might not even be legal resident, I know some Nigerians making it big there these guys ship cars like pure water to Nigeria some of them even ship to there friends in Europe. Look nobody will make this decision for you however moving to U.S will make a solid foundation for your unborn kids with standard education, sane environment so much more.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by kokomilala(m): 10:47am On Feb 22, 2020
I'll reply you this way: if I had that kind of money,I would stay back in Nigeria and build a world class performance centre.In a decade,I'll have billions of Nigeria.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by DAVE5(m): 10:48am On Feb 22, 2020
ekwerendi:

Nah you talk am oooooooooooooooo

You implied it nah, I help you finish wetin u no gree complete

How else is it that a guy is 25years old, has 20mill cash in his account by "hustling" but does not know which biz to do with his 20milla

Which hustle him do to get the money at first

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by digitite: 10:49am On Feb 22, 2020
Travel and always remember to invest back home.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 22, 2020
agarawu23:
my post is meant for people with high IQ to comprehend smiley smiley smiley
no wonder you are yet to comprehend your own posts cheesy

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 22, 2020
Brodapounds:
Nice but what type of business?

But sincerely, part of the reason why i want to leave is safety of my life and my sanity.

I want my future kids to come into the world in a sane environment with top class Education.

I feel with me in the USA, i will be opening doors and opportunity for my siblings which are in school right now.

One of my sisters is studying as a nurse, i want her to work in USA as a professional Nurse and i feel with me establishing myself there, if will be possible.

I don't think about myself only, as the eldest child and son, i want the best life for my siblings, so my parents will be proud of me, i want my parents to visit me freely In USA and i feel this 20 million naira is GOD answering my prayers.

Hope you understand?
My brother follow where your heart want,cos from your heart that's where your treasure is.
Yes,9ja has a great future,but that is 200 years from now.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 22, 2020
U have 25 mill and you came to nairaland to tell hungry Nigerians, lies upon lies
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by horpigee1(m): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2020
DAVE5:

Farming
Housing/real estate
Table water & sachet production
Import/export
Laptop/gadget sales
Mini bar
Restaurant
Fish farming
Game center
Football viewing center
Bet shop
Car wash

The list is endless, with 20milla any business should stand very over comfortably
I guessed u studied entrepreneurship in d university, you have different species of business in ur skull, bruh u must make it in life.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by HeyCorleone(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2020
hakeem4:
with 20 million Naira you can start a very good business. Please do not make the mistake of using your money to travel abroad. There is nothing there.

stay in Nigeria, invest the money, after 2-3 when you have made profit you can now travel to USA, UK and other advanced country for vacation.

but to live in USA?? is a big no

Fool.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by DAVE5(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2020
horpigee1:
I guessed u studied entrepreneurship in d university, you have different species of business in ur skull, bruh u must make it in life.

Diversification ohh, life taught me, nah big money dey hold me back, if I touch(legit business) 20milla like the op, now now, there's too many places to out 3mil each to expand my wealth

We're making it already, we just need to put in more effort and pray along, I need to be a billionaire, I guess there's a feeling that comes with it, so make me sef know how it feels

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Dumfrank(m): 10:54am On Feb 22, 2020
Toaskarity:
Hi, I think I might be in a good position to answer this question. I am two years older than you now, I moved to America on my 20th birthday. I just graduated from college last year.

Short answer: MOVE!!
Let's say you move
At 25 yrs old, you re still a baby. What is you life mission?
Money? There re 11 million millionaires in America(2/3 of lagosians) and most are in their thirties. In the whole of African continent only 144 thousands millionaire out 1 billion ppl. Nigeria has about 500.
Quality of life?
Average life expectancy here is almost 80 yrs unlike where you are right now with 53 yrs (at 25 yrs old 50% your life gone).
Your worth as american vs naija
$59,000.00 gdp per cap
$2000.00 gdp per cap

It will be a struggle at first but I promise you it is nothing compared to struggle in a third world. Your struggle here is different from the struggle in Nigeria; basic things such as food, water, housing, electricity and even car will never be a problem. You concentrating in school and not getting carried away might be the struggle for you. I said this cos I noticed naija guys that achieve little thing back home wants same life real quick here with out going through the process. If you have same mindset stay tf back home. Also choose the right field in school too. My suggestion: computer, medical ( do something that get you a Certificate)

4-5 years from now (29-30) your life will be amazing.Aleast as a graduate with above college field is 60k and above a year (21 million naira) You will make your money back with a better life.You can literally afford anything anybody in most part of the world can afford.

I have been to Nigeria twice since I moved here, i swear to God what people define as development in Nigeria is not, it's just hype including lekki this or that.Nothing has changed since I left Nigeria and nothing will happen anytime soon. Yes there will be few road construction here and there and block houses but my brother pack your bag and get tf out!! It is home and will always be home. You can always visit or move back if you feel like it.

Ps: I assume you are so sure visa will be given to you if you haven't or not sure. I want to remind to remind you that American visa is hard and it's better to improve your life in Nigeria than throw away money for visa

My brother, more grease to your elbow. With 20m, I am f.out, no two ways about it. 9ja is home, I will always come visiting.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Theoarhics: 10:54am On Feb 22, 2020
USA no go even give u visa. So change your plan
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 22, 2020
Prec1ous:
Seems the "hustle" paid off big time. Do not forget, they do thorough check at the American embassy.

But to be sincere, if I was in your shoes. I will stay back and start a business. I don't know the business but I must find one.

On second thought, that kind of money means you have grown bigger than asking for life changing decisions from strangers.

So let's not deceive ourselves, if you travel with your limited education, you will be dumping your money in a soak away.

20 Million at 25 in Nigeria, what is the name of your start up in Nigeria, your stage name, political office, yahoo format or you sold your family land?

MODIFIED

I did not advise him. I said "if I was in his shoes". If it was me.

I did not say "he should" instead I said "I will".

He is not me. Read between the lines always and understand all context before quoting.
You can talk bto
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by daeviid(m): 10:56am On Feb 22, 2020
Kindly Pm, you can invest a fraction of that lump-sum in an already established business that can give your good return on investment while you plan a business
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 22, 2020
How did u make the money, if I were u I will just repeat the same why I make the money and continue and make more money, and forget about traveling and invest in Nigeria wisely, invest 2 million and gain 5 million if the business fail I switch if the business make profit I will follow up, but the way you make the money just continue.... Traveling abroad will definitely covert your money to less currency have u every call abroad line with Nigeria number you will see that it is epic expensive so just be patient and work in Nigeria, that is the best option every all that glitters in abroad are not good remember no one upload suffering in Facebook/social media only enjoyments and celebration.....
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Hadampson(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2020
Innoxxacs:
Hadampson, pls carry others and come help this oga

Thanks for the mention boss smiley

@Brodapounds

I want you to ask yourself these questions. Why do you want to migrate to United States of America? What is the most important thing to you.. Is it sanity, security of life, staying in a working society or money?

Concerning going to the US. US has placed a ban on NIGERIANS, so i would advice you not to waste money on US visa. Instead apply for Canadian study visa. With 8m (tuition fee, flight ticket fee and other miscellaneous fees), you can study in maple land (Canada) and after you graduate from your studies, you can apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and become a permanent resident after some years. Canada has a point based system called CRS to access and score the profile of applicant for getting permanent residency. They evaluate your degree, work experience etc. By studying in Canada, you will be given PR within 2 years.
Canada is a safe country with high standards of living. It has low crime rates, great health benefits for the citizens, PR and foreigners.

After getting your PR, if you are not comfortable in Canada, you can move to US.

Don't mind those people telling you to do business in Nigeria. Business is only meant for business oriented individuals, don't be deceived, everybody cannot do business and also the success rate of businesses in Nigeria is not encouraging.

If you want to stay in Nigeria, you can invest your money in treasury bill and be making your cool money or better still, learn programming or any IT skill in any institute in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria and dive into the world of e-commerce.
E-commerce is one of the most promising in Africa and world at large, reaching out to the whole world as an attractive investment opportunity. Involvement in e-commerce holds the promise of huge potential results against little investment.

As for the music aspect, Nigeria is the only place where you can try your luck. The competition in the US music industry is high. You have a higher chances of making it in Nigeria as a song writer/artiste. That's all I have to say

Prost.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by TheKingIsHere: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2020
nigeriainfo:

Hello, Let me advise you and I want to tell you nothing but the truth. I am here now in the United States presently and I am really advising you to stay back In Nigeria and invest that money in Nigeria. I am telling you this because I know what is actually going on here. Please stay back in Nigeria. Thank you and please heed my advice for your own good

You have not told him anything meaningful. Saying stay back without telling him the reason is totally pointless.

If you want to help, tell him why. Explain to him.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by ekwerendi(m): 11:02am On Feb 22, 2020
DAVE5:

You implied it nah, I help you finish wetin u no gree complete

How else is it that a guy is 25years old, has 20mill cash in his account by "hustling" but does not know which biz with do with his 20milla

Which hustle him do to get the money at first

You have well spoken........
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by SalomonKane: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2020
AuroraB:
I know and if you'll keep misunderstanding me, I rather you stop with the mentions.
oh you were being sarcastic with your previous post?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by khatea: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2020
Op no lemme vex o! Continue wt the hustle that paid u this fyn at 25 and visit ur dream country USA n many other countries as u like na shuuuu
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by nigeriainfo: 11:04am On Feb 22, 2020
FryMosquito:
Nobody want stay this country again.. Well, I will advice if you have a reliable travel agent you can give it a trial. There's business I would want you to start when you reach USA, inform me when you finally entered and I will tell you,not now.
. Hey bro, what part of US are you? I am also in the United States, please can you tell me the Buisness? I am interested and thank you
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by TheKingIsHere: 11:04am On Feb 22, 2020
Hadampson:

Thanks for the mention boss smiley

@Brodapounds

I want you to ask yourself these questions. Why do you want to migrate to United States of America? What is the most important thing to you.. Is it sanity, security of life, staying in a working society or money?

Concerning going to the US. US has placed a ban on NIGERIANS, so i would advice you not to waste money on US visa. Instead apply for Canadian study visa. With 8m (tuition fee, flight ticket fee and other miscellaneous fees), you can study in maple land (Canada) and after you graduate from your studies, you can apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and become a permanent resident after some years. Canada has a point based system called CRS to access and score the profile of applicant for getting permanent residency. They evaluate your degree, work experience etc. By studying in Canada, you will be given PR within 2 years.
Canada is a safe country with high standards of living. It has low crime rates, great health benefits for the citizens, PR and foreigners.

After getting your PR, if you are not comfortable in Canada, you can move to US.

Don't mind those people telling you to do business in Nigeria. If you want to stay in Nigeria, you can invest your money in treasury bill and be making your cool money or better still, learn programming or any IT skill in any institute in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria and dive into the world of e-commerce.
E-commerce is one of the most promising in Africa and world at large, reaching out to the whole world as an attractive investment opportunity. Involvement in e-commerce holds the promise of huge potential results against little investment.

As for the music aspect, Nigeria is the only place where you can try your luck. The competition in the US music industry is high. You have a higher chances of making it in Nigeria as a song writer/artiste. That's all I have to say

Prost.

Well said.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nnaetochukwu(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2020
Hmmm my guy you fit still borrow me 1 million naira make I Behind my barbing complex

Just stay in Nigeria and invest bro
You can own a eatery , barbing complex,cybercafe etc my opinion though

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply)

I Need Directions Please. / BBNaija: Lady Weeps After Her Exclusion (Video) / South African Woman Celebrates Her Nigerian Visa, Dances To Davido's "IF"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.