Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,352 members, 7,950,729 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:37 PM

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (72012 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by miqos02(m): 4:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
onatisi:
let your search be broad , don't focus on America ,Canada and other popular places alone ,broaden ur search , make sure anywhere you go is a place you can get ur residence permit easily as well as establish yourself. You will be shocked that there are tens of places far better than america and co and places you can settle down and plan ur future with full peace of mind

true words

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Adeish01: 1:18am On Mar 12, 2020
@justwise

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by essence1: 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
frankmoney:
Try Germany ... At least you don't need to be burdened with tuition fees . And 5M is enough for block account . You will get a job there and save your money

Please more details

Germany or Canada are the two countries I'm interested in. Seeking for work visa either of the two.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by frankmoney(m): 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
essence1:

Please more details

Germany or Canada are the two countries I'm interested in. Seeking for work visa either of the two.
if you have the funds and first degree certificate ... I will advise you to go for Canada through the express entry . You will become a permanent resident and also be able to work legally , but it's a point based system so you will have to check if you meet the requirements .Germany on the other hand is good if you go through student visa , you will be allowed to work as well as study and when you finish your program you have 18 months to look for a job if you secure one , then you get a PR .
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Dollabiz: 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
If you are relocating to start your life afresh then good.

I have people in the USA on greencard for the past 7years they can’t boast of 10million. So think twice .

It’s easier to plan well in nigeria and make money if you already have a business that is raising millions or have something going on that is working for you. If you have the opportunity you can move you kids and your wife
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by essence1: 12:43am On Apr 14, 2020
frankmoney:
if you have the funds and first degree certificate ... I will advise you to go for Canada through the express entry . You will become a permanent resident and also be able to work legally , but it's a point based system so you will have to check if you meet the requirements .Germany on the other hand is good if you go through student visa , you will be allowed to work as well as study and when you finish your program you have 18 months to look for a job if you secure one , then you get a PR .
Thank you this is very helpful
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Successdude(m): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2020
frankmoney:
Try Germany ... At least you don't need to be burdened with tuition fees . And 5M is enough for block account . You will get a job there and save your money

Do you think Germany would accept HND for masters ?

And please as a student can one have a job that'll cater for the person as a student ? I mean can one make up to 1000pounds every month ?

Thank you
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by frankmoney(m): 2:07pm On Apr 16, 2020
Successdude:

Do you think Germany would accept HND for masters ?

And please as a student can one have a job that'll cater for the person as a student ? I mean can one make up to 1000pounds every month ?

Thank you
no .I don't think so . You will have to do another degree . I will advice you to do a bsc in Germany instead . You can make an average to take care of your basic needs . But it also depends on the workload of your academics . About making up to 1k pounds , I really don't know if that's possible , but then I might be wrong. You are allowed to work 20 hours per week as a student , and average pay should be around 5-10 euros per hour , so you should be making around 800 euros ..that's if you work 20 hours a week . But you have to consider your academics as well . I will advise you make more research or check the Germany thread here on nairaland
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Successdude(m): 11:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
frankmoney:
no .I don't think so . You will have to do another degree . I will advice you to do a bsc in Germany instead . You can make an average to take care of your basic needs . But it also depends on the workload of your academics . About making up to 1k pounds , I really don't know if that's possible , but then I might be wrong. You are allowed to work 20 hours per week as a student , and average pay should be around 5-10 euros per hour , so you should be making around 800 euros ..that's if you work 20 hours a week . But you have to consider your academics as well . I will advise you make more research or check the Germany thread here on nairaland

Thank u much
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Obioma993: 6:59pm On May 03, 2020
I just saw dis n I hope uve made ur decision....some person's advised u to stay back in Nigeria try going into any business of ur choice but we all know dat some people aren't good with handling a business, are u in dis category? And if u are den don't waste ur money on setting up any business here. If u want to travel out u need to have a vision n purpose as to wat u will do wen u get there, u need to be determined n focus, keep in mind dat tins aren't dat easy over there n be ready to work hard so dat u won't end up eating d whole 20m n start suffering abroad finally I don't think America is d right country for u to migrate to but I wish u good luck
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by RedPhoenix: 8:59am On May 04, 2020
nurd:

If I were you, Ill start an affiliate marketing as a side hustle. If you work hard (Im sure you can if you already hustle to this level), you can make the money back quickly. You can expend like 5m in it and if done well, youre made. Of course you can also fail, so its a risk. But all business ventures are.

If you go to Empire Flippers, you can see sites earning good morning monthly that you can buy and start making money immediately.

Of course, you have to know affiliate marketing before hand. If you are not savvy, Youtube is your friend. Watch videos on it all day and your learning will be quick.

I just gave you a blueprint that will help you stay in Nigeria and still do extremely well.

Dont go abroad o. That 20m will finish fast.

Is that car still available for sale?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by RuggedSniper: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
johannesburg:
Export raw foods from Nigeria to south Africa, in 6 months time people will ask you if you are dealing on drugs.
Thank me later.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by bigjackass: 7:17am On Oct 11, 2020
SocialJustice:
Your mind is made up on travelling and I support your view. You also sound like the money came from keyboard pressing. I advise you put N3-N5m in a business with fast turnover. Look for what you're most comfortable with. At the same time make your street connect stronger. Use N1m to travel build travel history, go to UAE, SA, Kenya.

Finally, look for strong connect to enter USA, buy confirmed job or use admission. Do not build house because you will exhaust that money. You be Benin boy, use your brain. If USA fail, pay school fees for Sweden and leave. Sweden 100% sure.

Also avoid beggars in whatever form they come in. Them go beg that money finish. Still first laugh you when you broke.
please tell me what you know about this buying of confirmed job sir
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by SocialJustice: 7:27am On Oct 11, 2020
bigjackass:
please tell me what you know about this buying of confirmed job sir
Strictly connection, I had it once but couldn't afford it. A company in USA offers you job and invites you over. You don't pay anything until after visa is issued.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by bigjackass: 7:39am On Oct 11, 2020
SocialJustice:
Strictly connection, I had it once but couldn't afford it. A company in USA offers you job and invites you over. You don't pay anything until after visa is issued.
wow. How much were you asked to pay or how much does it typically cost ? This is very good if one can afford it
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by SocialJustice: 8:19am On Oct 11, 2020
bigjackass:
wow. How much were you asked to pay or how much does it typically cost ? This is very good if one can afford it
Roughly N1.5m.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by GreatSage: 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
johannesburg:
Export raw foods from Nigeria to south Africa, in 6 months time people will ask you if you are dealing on drugs.
Thank me later.
Bro how do one go about this? I don't mind if we can discuss in private
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Lotusflowerbomb: 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
johannesburg:
Thank me later.
How does it work? How much do I need for capital and how much is my ROI?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Akanimoh113(m): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2021
Brodapounds:
Hello dear nairalanders.

Please I'm going through a state of mental confusion.

Currently i have approximately 20 million and 300 thousand naira in my bank account.

I have two thoughts.

1) I am 25 years old but I'm not a university graduate, i only have ND (National deploma) from a polytechnic In Edo state, Auchi precisely.

I would have become a graduate years ago but after my "ND" years ago, i refused to go back to school and i decided to hustle for money.

Most of my classmates in school back then are all graduates but all the same, looking at my bank account now, i have no regrets.

So this is what i plan on doing.

1) Can i further my Education In any university in the United States with the money and plan on staying back after my degree, for the fact that I'm 25.
Will that be advisable?

2) should i stay back in Nigeria and use part of the money to build a house In my hometown in Benin and use the rest for business?

3) Is there a chance of going to USA and start all over again, look for job.
Will the money be enough to rent a house, foot some bills untill i see a job in the USA.

Note i choose USA only because it's my dream country, I'm not scared of the traveling ban because I'm 100% confident that it will be taken away few months from now.

Please i won't be replying any mention or questions.

All i want is to take note of good advice.

I already know a reliable traveling agent.

Please other suggestions are welcomed apart from mine.

Please help

Am a Student but let me give it a try...

Firstly, I would Say you should move out...
But before you move out try making a lot of money, Like a lot of money here in Nigeria Before moving to another country, Though you may be Exposed to a lot of Opportunities there but you can Also be Exposed to a lot of Opportunities Here in Nigeria too
You have to be this Kind of Smart Persons (Be of Value to your self so you can also be of Value to other people) So that you don't end up doing Menial Jobs

My Advice For You:
- Invest half of the money on Legal and Profitable Stocks, MTN, GTB, Etc.
- Use Part of the other half to Acquire a Certificate on a Course or Skill that will shift you Abroad Skills or Courses like Cyber Security, Architecture, Computer Science(Become a Hacker or Programmer)
If you become very good in Cyber Security and your taken Abroad, They will test your Abilities, Maybe How Long Can you Secure Data on a System

Go to Countries Like Netherlands or Germany
USA is Quite Expensive
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Reeses: 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2021
If you like waste your 20million on American visa once you come over you will regret coming over here to struggle.

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Reeses: 11:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
LegendHero:
20million is just $56,600.

With a master degree in STEM in USA, you will make that money in 6-7 month before tax.

If you have a sure way of leaving Nigeria to either Canada or USA, you better take the chances now.

Facebook for example give signing bonus ranging from $56,000 - $100,000. Let me paraphrase this, it means when you get a job from Facebook, they pay you this amount for just agreeing to work for them.

Not only facebook even Tesla is hiring.Stop decieving people there is no job waiting for anyone.i live here and lots of people are struggling right now there are millions of unemployed citizens looking for even a warehouse jobs or store jobs.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by LegendHero(m): 12:19am On Feb 25, 2021
Reeses:

Not only facebook even Tesla is hiring.Stop decieving people there is no job waiting for anyone.i live here and lots of people are struggling right now there are millions of unemployed citizens looking for even a warehouse jobs or store jobs.

You mean unemployed with STEM master’s degrees ?

I will NEVER believe there are millions of unemployed citizens with STEM masters degree doing warehouse job. It doesn’t make any sense.

If you say those guys are graduated and got F1-OPT and exhausted it before they can see an employer that will file their H-1B, that’s a different ball game. Even people like that can opt for a PhD program to stay in status and then hope to secure a job after graduating instead of resorting to menial jobs.

I don’t know the USA you’re living or the midst of Nigerians you find yourself, but the USA where I’ve been staying for quite some time will NEVER have millions of STEM masters degree doing warehouse jobs like you implied.

Unless if you’re looking at a different demographics.

3 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Reeses: 12:38am On Feb 25, 2021
LegendHero:

You mean unemployed with STEM master’s degrees ?

I will NEVER believe there are millions of unemployed citizens with STEM masters degree doing warehouse job. It doesn’t make any sense.

If you say those guys are graduated and got F1-OPT and exhausted it before they can see an employer that will file their H-1B, that’s a different ball game. Even people like that can opt for a PhD program to stay in status and then hope to secure a job after graduating instead of resorting to menial jobs.

I don’t know the USA you’re living or the midst of Nigerians you find yourself, but the USA where I’ve been staying for quite some time will NEVER have millions of STEM masters degree doing warehouse jobs like you implied.

Unless if you’re looking at a different demographics.
Dude i repeat there are no jobs at the moment lots of experience junior and senior developers are currently out of work due to the covid and guess what? facebook will pick those guys first before they take a foreigner.So i will advice the young man to invest his money back in Nigeria then travel down here for vacations only.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by LegendHero(m): 1:08am On Feb 25, 2021
Reeses:

Dude i repeat there are no jobs at the moment lots of experience junior and senior developers are currently out of work due to the covid and guess what? facebook will pick those guys first before they take a foreigner. So i will advice the young man to invest his money back in Nigeria then travel down here for vacations only.

Now you’re saying something else. You’re talking about Covid-19 related hardship which is a general problem across the world.

Will COVID-19 continue forever? Why should the guy be limited by the current pandemic when charting his future path?

What you said @the bolded is false. Facebook don’t mind is you’re foreigner or citizen, in as much as you have the right skills they will recruit you. In fact, Facebook is part of those companies that file H-1B for foreigners more and they even go as far as filing green card easily for people.

If he can get to the USA for masters in STEM then I see no reason why he should invest in Nigeria instead. There are countless opportunities here than he can tap in and with grace he can do that same investment in Nigeria after completing his studies here.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nicoswit(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2021
Reg

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? / Lagos Guy Flaunts his N3million Emirates First Class airline seat (photos) / Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.