Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,289 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:59 AM

Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap (43160 Views)

4th Longest Bridge In Nigeria Ready In Akwa Ibom State.. Photos / Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) / Buhari Asks Investors For $1.5 Trillion To Bridge Nigeria’s Infrastructure Gap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Adeoye2103: 8:36am On Feb 24, 2020
LosC:
NASO THE POST LONG TOO.
Op, can you say the truth?.
Did you read one paragraph of this epistle?

i swear i tink say na short note i no no say na history i just skip am ni....
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Coolcalmcollect(m): 8:42am On Feb 24, 2020
why will you deny people the pleasure of dying their own way. They weren't born their own way but you won't allow dem the pleasure of dying their own way also?
the Moda of the uber rider fool dat killed himself is even bold to ask govt to find her son's body, na govt throw am inside water?
some Nigeria parents can even drive their kids to suicide....instead of her to think of paying the uber guy his fee she's thinking of her sons body. wicked woman
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Tonnyray: 8:44am On Feb 24, 2020
I don't know about others but there's something about that water that draws me to it. I'm far from suicidal neither am I depressed but whenever I travel on that bridge it's like the water calls to me to take a dive. It's so bad I avoid looking out as much as possible when I'm on it.
I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Seebrian(m): 8:52am On Feb 24, 2020
StreetFight:

Use the 3rd Mainland Bridge enroute the Lagoon instead of the rail track.

1. It's cheap
2. You will get to heaven cool.
3. You will get to heaven with your complete body parts.
See this one, pls stop adding problem to the existing one. Instead of you proffering a solution to the young man, you are here encouraging him on suicide mission.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Butoneday2(m): 8:56am On Feb 24, 2020
Op, you are mad, sorry, no be me talk am na the epistles you posted here talk am. grin lipsrsealed
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by excanny: 9:09am On Feb 24, 2020
A responsible govt should have placed suicide barrier nets on that bridge by now.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:11am On Feb 24, 2020
Suicide is a always personal decision... Nothing in this world should make a person do it...Depression comes and go, life goes on

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by sureteeboy(m): 9:12am On Feb 24, 2020
cbrezy:
Like if you didn't read it finish

Share if you did read it to the end.
What do we click if we didn't read it at all.?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:23am On Feb 24, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/third-mainland-bridge-nigerias-longest-flyover-where-suicide-is-cheap/

WHEN YOU ARE VOTING FOR BUHARI 2015

YOU EVER THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU

TRIBALISTIC AND BIGOTED PEOPLE
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 24, 2020
Naijatask:
Was contemplating suicide (by jumping on a rail track) but this post might have changed my perspective a bit cry
Bros why na... Life too sweet to commit suicide, just high one bottle of chilled lacasera make e calm yuu down
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Missionaire: 9:40am On Feb 24, 2020
holuwasheyiWGP:
Okay
Being suicidal isn't about having money, money is far from it. No be today rich men dey commit suicide,even celebrities with apparent fame and riches commit suicide. Lacking money can prompt suicidal thoughts too,Aisowolowo baba ijaya nii but on the other hand if God has given your NEEDS you're all good, na over wanting and trying to live up to what society thinks dey drive pesin into depression.
ALAYE F*CK THE SOCIETY
One of the reasons I respect religion is faith,how it enables us believe in someone bigger than ourselves. Most people enjoy faith in Good times when thing turn sour they won't be able to handle it. If wetin do Job do most people for this age, na suicide straight. It makes me wonder if people really believe,I have this notion that the God that I serve is above and beyond all things including my problems, I want you to believe that too. Nothing can shake my God but something fit shake me,so I'll hold unto my God wey nothing fit shake nii.
I have friends wey be millionaires, some have hundreds of thousands and as I dey type this comment na #800 dey my account but I'm Hale and healthy, I have no reason to mourn,I have somewhere I'm sleeping (even though na hostel),I have clothes reasonably. People should learn to look at the positives in their lives, focusing on the negatives will just leave you ungrateful and depressed.
I can't over emphasize this MY BROTHERS AND MY SISTERS, Love yourself, I repeat LOVE YOURSELF. It is when you don't love yourself that you need someone to love you. People will call your narcissistic but who cares. That why some folks commit suicide after breakups they need someone to love them because they don't love themselves enough.
Talk to somebody about what you're facing, mental health isn't taken seriously in Nigeria, everyone deserves to be seeing two psychologist because wetin we dey face for here strong gan. Have friends you can share your feelings about honestly,no be friends wey Una go dey lie to each other. That's the only therapy most guys have,have friends who listen and be a friend that listens. Don't joke with a friend showing signs depression,don't ask what's Wrong just once and say I've tried,some people have difficulties opening up and that sh*t will eat them up inside,ask up to 200 times if need be.
Let people know you love them. A simple I love you can brighten someones day. Let people know you appreciate them,don't think they know you love them. Don't be a scare of saying I love you to you siblings and parents because when they die,you go cry ehnnn.
Live your life the way you want. I've always said the earlier you disappoint people the better it is for you. Most people hate their jobs, people are not doing what they have passion for anymore, we spend most of our lives working so imagine doing something you hate. It'll just be sucking your will to live gradually.

Stop the Your mates are, your mates are talk. While referring to your mates that you think are doing better than you in life, don't forget those that are dead, in prisons, with one terminal disease in the hospital. Strive for more but be reasonably contented with what you have. Some people will lose their needs all in name of getting what they want.

DON'T FIND SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR BECAUSE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THAT THING GETS DESTROYED. LIVE FOR YOURSELF.
OXYGEN IS SWEET ABEG
JESUS LOVES YOU
I DON'T WHO WILL READ THIS BUT I LOVE YOU
LOVE YOURSELF
YOU MIGHT BE IN A TRUCKLOAD OF MESS BUT THINGS WILL GET BETTER DEFINITELY
YOUR EXPECTATION IS ALL THAT MATTERS,FVCK THE SOCIETY

I am of the opinion that if not for the Church in Nigeria, the suicide rate would have been a 100 times more than what we are having now. The depression is too much.
You run from criminals, you also run from SARS. You try to hustle, touts in the name of Environment protection board will steal your goods. No light, good road network and others. You pray for everything.
You struggle to pass WAEC, then JAMB, then UTME. To graduate is a challenge and to even get a job is a bigger challenge.

But the church offers a weekly dose of motivation even if it is only on Sundays.
Testimonies sessions alone rekindle the hopes of many and the belief that someday e go better keeps many going strong.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by omokayode9258(m): 9:45am On Feb 24, 2020
mkoabiola:
Very long and beautiful write up.

Educative and worth reading.

But d writer fail to point out on what d vovt can do to avert future occurrence
The writer did, maybe u dnt read till d end or not conscious of the mentioned points to avert it.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by omokayode9258(m): 9:47am On Feb 24, 2020
[quote author=Esseite post=86905139]Great read....

1 - Speaking further, Elegbeleye said Nigeria’s social structure had been stripped of social bonding it used to enjoy, with more people now becoming individualistic..

2 - “Usually when an individual is unable to achieve societal expectations that are seen as ideal, the person could experience a state of anomie. And once an individual gets to that state of hopelessness, if there are no social networks around to cushion the psychological effect of that state, the person can decide to commit suicide.” ..

[b]
Love conquers it all....

Infact, I love the this assertion, it encapsulate all

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by lozanni(m): 9:53am On Feb 24, 2020
Naijatask:
Was contemplating suicide (by jumping on a rail track) but this post might have changed my perspective a bit cry

Please, don't try that.
As long as there is life, there is hope.
All men and women, at some point in life, must face hard challenges, it could be financial, emotional or otherwise, but it's only those that endure to the end who will conquer.
Churches should provide emotional and spiritual support for troubled Souls.
Government should provide social welfare packages and funding for would be entrepreneurs among other things
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Ashley86400: 10:07am On Feb 24, 2020
Naijatask:
Suicide is just a permanent fix to a temporary problem.
Once you commit suicide, you end your pain, but start a perpetual pain for those who love you.
My sister is suicidal too and I convince her to take life one step at a time. And I'm telling you, just as I tell her-
Life is hard, as the suicidal thoughts come up, beat these thoughts by taking life one step at a time- the feeling is very very temporary.
Suicide on the other hand is very very permanent.
Life is hard, bad things happen, however good things happen in life too, depending on how you take your situation.
And remember you're going to fail a lot in life, till things get better.
From a concerned, but understanding friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by millionboi2: 10:16am On Feb 24, 2020
csamii:
This changes nothing. Suicide is still the easy way out!
why kill urselv wen u will still die at d end
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by millionboi2: 10:19am On Feb 24, 2020
Tonnyray:
I don't know about others but there's something about that water that draws me to it. I'm far from suicidal neither am I depressed but whenever I travel on that bridge it's like the water calls to me to take a dive. It's so bad I avoid looking out as much as possible when I'm on it.
I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this.
is true

I don't look at it too

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by iamjavadem(m): 10:23am On Feb 24, 2020
This just shows he hides stuff from his family members probably because they judge and all that. Someone out there really knows why he did it, someone he actually opens up to. RIP bro. Next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by ForbesHomesNG(m): 10:26am On Feb 24, 2020
mkoabiola:
Very long and beautiful write up.

Educative and worth reading.

But d writer fail to point out on what d govt can do to avert future occurrence
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Tonnyray: 10:53am On Feb 24, 2020
Missionaire:
I am of the opinion that if not for the Church in Nigeria, the suicide rate would have been a 100 times more than what we are having now. The depression is too much.
You run from criminals, you also run from SARS. You try to hustle, touts in the name of Environment protection board will steal your goods. No light, good road network and others. You pray for everything.
You struggle to pass WAEC, then JAMB, then UTME. To graduate is a challenge and to even get a job is a bigger challenge.
But the church offers a weekly dose of motivation even if it is only on Sundays.
Testimonies sessions alone rekindle the hopes of many and the belief that someday e go better keeps many going strong.

It is well.
I agree with you 110%

4 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by truthstands01: 10:56am On Feb 24, 2020
What kind of write up is this?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by cbrezy(m): 11:22am On Feb 24, 2020
sureteeboy:
What do we click if we didn't read it at all.?

You Quote grin as you just did..
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by stanbillion200(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2020
cbrezy:
Like if you didn't read it finish
Share if you did read it to the end.
Only legends can read that to the end
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Legendguru: 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
Cheap or free
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Ajibade123(m): 4:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
A graduate of university of Lagos five years for that matter...if he could survive that he should have believed in himself in defeating that thing that made him committed suicide

see how to get over a relationship gone bad
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-get-over-a-friendship-gone-bad/
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by slickbak(m): 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
Naijatask:
Bros please change the perspective totally. It no sweet today, it go sweet tomorrow. what ever the bother is today, you'll look back at it as a stepping stone in the future. Ahead Ahead sure pass, limitless possibilities. Don't give up.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by slickbak(m): 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
iamjavadem:
This just shows he hides stuff from his family members probably because they judge and all that. Someone out there really knows why he did it, someone he actually opens up to. RIP bro. Next.
You know this. I know say you don think am b4 but your head too strong for principality grin grin
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by slickbak(m): 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
millionboi2:
why kill urselv wen u will still die at d end
some selfish and terrorist minds believe it's their duty and not the Grim Reaper's.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by cbrezy(m): 6:09pm On Feb 24, 2020
stanbillion200:

Only legends can read that to the end
I don't think so legend won't read it at all but still comment grin
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by frog12: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
materialism, individualism may be driving this in nigeria. as long as you are doing better than the other, you will want to show disrespect

materialism, individualism may be driving this in nigeria. as long as you are doing better than the other, you will want to show disrespect

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by Sidmond: 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
holuwasheyiWGP:
Okay
Being suicidal isn't about having money, money is far from it. No be today rich men dey commit suicide,even celebrities with apparent fame and riches commit suicide. Lacking money can prompt suicidal thoughts too,Aisowolowo baba ijaya nii but on the other hand if God has given your NEEDS you're all good, na over wanting and trying to live up to what society thinks dey drive pesin into depression.
ALAYE F*CK THE SOCIETY
One of the reasons I respect religion is faith,how it enables us believe in someone bigger than ourselves. Most people enjoy faith in Good times when thing turn sour they won't be able to handle it. If wetin do Job do most people for this age, na suicide straight. It makes me wonder if people really believe,I have this notion that the God that I serve is above and beyond all things including my problems, I want you to believe that too. Nothing can shake my God but something fit shake me,so I'll hold unto my God wey nothing fit shake nii.
I have friends wey be millionaires, some have hundreds of thousands and as I dey type this comment na #800 dey my account but I'm Hale and healthy, I have no reason to mourn,I have somewhere I'm sleeping (even though na hostel),I have clothes reasonably. People should learn to look at the positives in their lives, focusing on the negatives will just leave you ungrateful and depressed.
I can't over emphasize this MY BROTHERS AND MY SISTERS, Love yourself, I repeat LOVE YOURSELF. It is when you don't love yourself that you need someone to love you. People will call your narcissistic but who cares. That why some folks commit suicide after breakups they need someone to love them because they don't love themselves enough.
Talk to somebody about what you're facing, mental health isn't taken seriously in Nigeria, everyone deserves to be seeing two psychologist because wetin we dey face for here strong gan. Have friends you can share your feelings about honestly,no be friends wey Una go dey lie to each other. That's the only therapy most guys have,have friends who listen and be a friend that listens. Don't joke with a friend showing signs depression,don't ask what's Wrong just once and say I've tried,some people have difficulties opening up and that sh*t will eat them up inside,ask up to 200 times if need be.
Let people know you love them. A simple I love you can brighten someones day. Let people know you appreciate them,don't think they know you love them. Don't be a scare of saying I love you to you siblings and parents because when they die,you go cry ehnnn.
Live your life the way you want. I've always said the earlier you disappoint people the better it is for you. Most people hate their jobs, people are not doing what they have passion for anymore, we spend most of our lives working so imagine doing something you hate. It'll just be sucking your will to live gradually.

Stop the Your mates are, your mates are talk. While referring to your mates that you think are doing better than you in life, don't forget those that are dead, in prisons, with one terminal disease in the hospital. Strive for more but be reasonably contented with what you have. Some people will lose their needs all in name of getting what they want.

DON'T FIND SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR BECAUSE WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THAT THING GETS DESTROYED. LIVE FOR YOURSELF.
OXYGEN IS SWEET ABEG
JESUS LOVES YOU
I DON'T WHO WILL READ THIS BUT I LOVE YOU
LOVE YOURSELF
YOU MIGHT BE IN A TRUCKLOAD OF MESS BUT THINGS WILL GET BETTER DEFINITELY
YOUR EXPECTATION IS ALL THAT MATTERS,FVCK THE SOCIETY
I don't have the heart for suicide because it won't be fair to my loved ones but your write-up and images inspire me nonetheless. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Nigeria’s Longest Bridge Where Suicide Is Cheap by MOnkeyBabe(f): 7:59am On Feb 25, 2020
iamjavadem:
more people need to give others a chance. We also need to portray God as being merciful not a punisher. His word is everlasting and enduring. God sees people making religion look bitter. He is not happy with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Okowa Celebrates Neo And Dorathy For “Avoiding Controversy” In BBNaija / President Buhari Washing The Nigerian Flag (Painted Picture) / Police Officers Got No Help After Their Van Got Stuck In Auchi, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.