Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,861 members, 7,909,232 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:19 PM

The Crescent Chronicles Book1 Chapter 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Crescent Chronicles Book1 Chapter 1 (356 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Crescent Chronicles Book1 Chapter 1 by AuthorCrescent(m): 1:41am On Feb 24, 2020
The Crescent Chronicles [a tale of kings]
Episode 1 [one]

Written and produced by Kingsley Afonughe
Inspired and directed by Olawale Shalom
Executive Director ***Ayomide Ayodeji***

@kingsley_afonughe
19/2020 production of My angel cities/Stevens Story
All right Reserved. NO PART OF THIS WORK SHOULD BE REPRODUCED OR COPIED IN ANY FORM. WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE COPYRIGHT OWNER
Prologue:
The legends of the third age were as varied the shades of the moon, but it came at a point in which all the story agrees....... and how it all began....
A land of the human kingdom existed in different tribe where werelions, werewolves. Elks, the tigers, pandas and Dragons..
Other Tribes lived around them....
The giants, the elf, half man and half creature... what ever they are.. they all existed in a delegate balance the great circle of life...
After the north-lands was freed from the demon’s lair. Four kingdoms once existed, sunnyvale(East), magrath(south) doveport(west) north-lands(north). All were called the kingdoms of Asole Rock
As years goes the three kingdoms has betrayed the north, and she was want to be free as an independent kingdom and she was denied her right.
For centuries war raged across the north-lands, the king of the four kingdom deny the north of her freedom which she named her pride.... it was the battle of bloods, dominance and power.
Then tyre one kingdom from the north arise against the king in the north and divided his kingdom. The norther-lands was divided into two.
XADIA and TYRE
The king of tyre, lord Tyris from the legendary family of wolves called THE RYLAN rule fircely and wildly. As it is, the people of the kingdom hoped and pray that the light will once again shine upon them.
But lord Varys, a king from the legendary family of the Royal Crescents also known as the lions .do not want more bloods of the innocent to be split, people see this act of agreeing to the terms of dividing the north with king tyris as a weakness.
Ever since xadia was established as a kingdom in the north-lands... people believed that the great king varys of the north has been enchanted with a spell of magic from the rylan because, he himself cannot understand his action and act without counsel.
And it came to pass, when the Namira (a human family of god that are called Dragons) heard about the fall of varys, dividing the north-lands into two kingdoms after a hot quest of battle with the rylans and he couldn’t win. The north will no longer demand their freedom from the four kingdoms, it is an opportunity to take the north at whole. So war raged upon the kingdom of Tyre and lord Tyris was captured, the namira besiege also the fortress heronma {a kingdom in the north which unfortunately divided with tyre}..
After four years of war in the north and all attempt to take Xadia, namira could not prevail. Varys enchanted spell brake immediately. But before he could organised the xadian army and the other kingdom to fight on his behalf, namiras army as almost taken the whole of the north. They have won two region of the north. On their last confrontation? Varys Crescent died.
Now if kovu Crescent was to continue the legacy of his father, varys crescent. will he led the north to the promised future and put the north to their greater purpose.
This was a story of a land, that was never defeated. A story a family that was crowned over another. Although They were not accepted among others but yet what is to be. As been glued to be: their name was CRESCENT

CHAPTER 1 ...... FALLEN

North-lands........Xadia
As the night fades gradually into light, the sky rumbles into storms of rain, burning torches can be seen held by the soldiers who marched into the barracks, each and every one of them drop their swords and heavy arms.
At the Xadia palace, late lord Varys son, Kovu. Walked into the palace with blood covering his face, from his appearance it shows that the youngster was coming from the battle.
His mother, Bennett crescent run to him and hugged him tight..
“may rama shines his light upon us” she said.
“take her to her room!” He ordered as the guard held her arms she struggled to free her self with the look of “what the hell are you doing son?”
“it is okay mother, i don't want you to see this.” Kovu said as his eyes watered
“see what?” she sniff her eyes in tears “no“ she nod left and right as she cries
“don't tell me he is dead.” She let out as she successfully freed her self from the guard and run towards outside only for kovu to grab her by her waist and hugged her, she sobs on his shoulders, he looked at his front behold his younger bother, Derek and the younger sister Cera.. cera sobs on her knees covering her face with her two hands
While derek touch her shoulders as he pet her.
“take her and my sister in” Kovu gave the order again as they were left with no choice they walked in their chambers accompanied by the palace guard.
Kovu walked to Derek, who nodded up and down.....
“you fought bravely out there.” Derek appreciated
“may the gods smiled on xadia for the last time.” Kovu replied
“father was selfish, this is not the time to plan for battles and superior strategies.” Derek remarks
“my lord it seems you are forgetting that it is your ancestral responsibility as the king in the north, to free and protect it people.” Said lord jartron. Kovu’s right hand man. And sometimes his adviser. Jartron was the senior adviser while Derek was the junior adviser.
“true but on this occasion we need every army we can get.” Derek opposed
“sorry M’lord. The lord of Tyre was hold captured probably burnt by the namira dragons or Prince Tybalt has already have them crucified. How many lord do you still want to fight for you? None.” Lord jartron said and continues
“but you got the lords of xadia, those who shared bloods of the crescent, those men who serve their lives and blades under your cause. You are now their leader. Tonight after the kings burial. let everyone go home and have rest. In days, Namira will be attack at the isle of tyre.” He concluded
“perhaps we have no time then...” kovu agrees.

“no brother, this was the mistake that kill father. War strategy and superiority.
While we have time... send a raven to aunt lisa in Tyreas . I heard she has taken over the land, with our brother Rheghar, they could be of help.” Derek open up
“hmm.... aunt lisa... i havent written to her since father sent her and my brother away to Tyreas... father did worst to them do you think they will welcome me with the stories in the past.” Kovu spoke in doubts
“Tyreas is cursed, the elven people are starving. to what i heard they soon be leaving the land..” jartron said
“no, the elven people are staying . aunty lisa made them stayed. She is trying her best to feed Tyreas.. every year is working our for them.” Derek point out
“but the land was cursed, no plant can grow there? How can the starving army fight in our cause?” jartron said looking at Derek’s eyes
“perhaps the gods will be merciful.” Derek replied
“no! My lord. It will a waste of time if letter is send to Tyreas... the time to attack tyre is now...” Jartron fired
“enough both of you!” Kovu yelled “m’lord” this words can be heard from background. The lords of xadia who participated in the wars were also in the palace with kovu. Were listening to their discussion even the arch-druid . He walked to the arch druid and speaks
“this is my decision” getting to the arch-druid, he touch him and began. “my father's body is to remain in the tomb. Till i say we bury him, under no circumstance should his body under go decay till then. “ then he looked at Derek..
“let us hope you are right brother. What if Aunt lisa reject my letter.?” He asked
“then send it to Rheghar my lord, he will be able to convince her, she wont allow him to leave her sight for seconds. I think he is the best call.” Derek answered
“very well. ...Druid?” he called
“yes my lord” the arch-druid answered
“send a raven to Tyreas. Tell the young cub that i have invited him to xadia. In the name of rama first of his name. Rex of rexes who seat at the three source of primal source of xadia the sun the moon the codex. The rest of the letter is left to be inspired by my adviser.” Kovu said leaving the palace as they bowed to his exist.

Sunnyvale......eastern paradise
Land of the sunnyvale also become one of the legends of time, the kingdom once rose against the north in quest for supremacy of who truly rules the four kingdoms, right from time, it has only be one family (the crescent) from the north ruling the four kingdom then they based in the eastern part of sunnyvale... then the other tribes were marrying from them, and they gave birth to powerful children who grew up to become war lords while others were corrupted.
In the past the zeelans (the human families of tiger) shared blood with the crescent through birth and marriage.. and they both dwell in unity. In fact they were refer to as BROTHERS.
As time go on, rebellion arises, zeelan turned the four kingdoms against the crescent that they might perish and be forgotten, all the kingdoms apart from one. The north. As it is from the beginning of time, north was the main dominance of the crescent before then the land was raged by demons. Shamefully the crescent left the east in sunnyvale and and war against the demon in the north-lands and they possess their dominance after years the zeelans took over, since then, for decades, zeelans and crescent were sworn enemy which still existed in the two noble families
The paradise palace existed, the throne was made of silver iron gold, a giant tiger snarled around it, king dumont walk to the throne with his goblin wizard named bufkin. The king laughed at Bufkin jokes.. he sit on the throne, his eyes were expecting more jokes from bufkin who continue his laughter until, lord Emory, Dumont trusted adviser. Walked in, Dumont tiger roared deep at him.
“hey slow it down boy. He has always been a friend.” Dumont pet his tiger head. While Emory bowed to him.
“why are you here.” The king asked
“perhaps he is here to beg for your tiger ass” bufkin said laughing
“bufkin” dumont yelled
“sorry , my king” bufkin apologized
“i am offering you terms of opportunity.” Said Emory
“hmm, can you leave us bufkin?” The king asked
“yes.. at once your majesty.” Bufkin bows as the king followed him with his eyes until he was out of sight.
“ opportunity? What opportunity...” the king asked serious this time
“thousand of years ago. The namira and the crescent were slaughtering each other on the battlefield.” Emory discuss
“.... and the namira flee and lost the battle,they are nothings but cowards” the king completed
“what if they did not flee. What if they retreat to bring more danger on the crescent.” Said Emory
“hmm true... so what is it exactly”
“there was a dark raven this morning. A soul was called into the grail hall” Emory said
“then bury the dead...” Dumont roared
“patience my king... the soul was a king” Emory scoffed
“a king?”
“yes , the king in the north.. Varys” Emory smile evilly
“aahh!! Perfect, it is time to take the north. Waste time no more.” Dumont concluded
“no my king, not when the namira troops are there.” Emory advise him from his quick conclusion.. “let the monster kill each other, it will be an advantage when the namira win the north. They will swear allegience to the crown.” He added
“allegiance?” the king rephrased, the excitement in Emory’s eye was Dumont is going to like his ideas but it seems he turn it away. “you speak of allegiance.. lions and dragon are our enemy. They wont swear allegiance to us, i say let the monster kill each other. We will deal with what is left of them.” Dumont finalize. As he glowed his golden eye....
NORTHLANDS....... TYREAS
Twenty nine years ago Tyreas was destroyed. Legends has it that innocent people died that great day. And when the northlands was divided into two kingdom. Tyreas was counted under the kingdom of xadia ruled by varys Crescent while the fortress of Heronmar and Tyre was ruled by the Lord Tyris. But the other Rylan family from same blood who do not support his government because of their honest allegiance to varys crescent ran to the north and stayed there. Later some of the crescents and other human families of lions and the deer (the montagu) also came to Tyreas and settled there by the order of lord vayrs unknown to many of his actions, so they can keep the Tyreas running until she stand on her ground. But thing went out of hand. The land was cursed. Plant barely grows and they barely survived. The villager often traveled far to farm and sell to themselves. Tyreas expanded because of the in availbility of water. The elven families in Tyreas, they established themselves as a kingdom in Tyreas they also go in fetch for water and sell to the villagers, mostly this was done as one source of their earning. Villagers also engage in difference activity to favor themselves. And so it continues. Unknown to many this strategy was adopted by king varys that somehow Tyreas will survived. And the little xadia can rendered. She will give her best. Together, xadia and Tyreas might come together as a kingdom. Name Xadia but Tyreas never think they belong because of their in ability to meet up her people's need.
{at night.. the sky was covered with the galaxy of stars}
As the men beat the drum, others merry with joy. The men drunk laughed with jar of ale,and others with wine. The women make their performance, and exit the scene when another elven woman was thrown kissing the dust. The merriment stop as people whispers in each other hearing.
“she is an elf” some said
“what is she doing here?” other asked
She looked injured, silent took over when a man walked into the scene, his armor were made of steel. His shoulders were clothed with Wolfy hairy clothing. He look heavy and strong.. his name was Basil...he was Rylan army commander. The elven woman sob at the feet of the first born of lord Rylan son. His name was Noah Rylan AKA [the beast] he is known as that because of his monstrous character. He is a strong young man with bow and arch from a long range. He usually ride on a Direwolf and sometime shapeshift into one. Basil was never afraid of him he took him for a boy. But he is not just that too young. He is older than even Kovu crescent. Basil himself is not that ordinary. His skin were hairy and one of his eye ball glow whitish. His blade was largest than his army men.
“i find this elf stealing our grain. “ Basil accused
The people murmurs in anger
Noah stand his feet and walk around the elven woman, his hands on the jaw. He walked back to his seat and he sighed after he make his decision.
“give her to the crescent!” he command
“oh my lord please.. have mercy. I don't want to be thrown in the lion's den ” she pleaded
“then throw her in the wolf's den” said one of his men
“the crescent? You are a piece of shit! She is our prisoner not the crescent!” Basil yelled disagreeing
“the crescent are born of this soil. And this matter is not for me to judge. The grains here is planted on this soil. What use is she to me anyway. Shall i crucify a woman over an innocent crime.?” Noah asked
“well try harder, beasty... your father's cock doesn't miss it target anyway.” Basil abused as the men laughed
“i think my father has over pampered you. Sometimes I Wonder how you become a commander of his men.” Noah snarled Basil laughed in mockery “it is time for you to know your place.” Noah moved closer as Basil burst into laughter
“and where is that?” so disrespecting in his action. Basil asked with pride
“RIGHT THERE ON YOUR KNEES.” A deep voice came from background, of course Noah recognised the voice, everyone went silent hearing that voice. Of course Noah recognised that voice, that is his best friend Rheghar Crescent. Of course, Noah is older than Rheghar in terms of age and military skills
Rheghar is just feared in the land, not because he is dangerous but he bears the mark of the gods sometimes seeing every characteristics about him, they call a god which he rebuke been called one.
Rheghar walked majestically from the dark, he is a young handsome man, with long golden blond hair two braid of his hair were packed other in order of formation while other rest at his shoulder. He wore a gray coat, and hung a long sword behind his back. His sword handle was tagged with a forged diagram of a lion, while a large lion, big and large like an horse walked behind Rheghar. It has blue eyes and snarled out fear into the people. According to legend. That lion is the youngest of all lion in the north-lands. And no lion born that are like this mythical creature will be as big as Rheghar’s lion. It will be the largest and the youngest. This lion have royal tick mane, it mane were less hairy. It can pounce a long range and it breathe of anger can bring down a whole castle.
Basil was shaking with fear, he went on his knee as Rheghar approaches and stab down his sword resting his head on the handle.
“my lord” he muttered.
“you are a servant of a crescent. You will serve a Rylan. You are nothing but a servant....” said Rheghar. Basil couldn't speak but nod his head.
“speak when you are spoken too!” Rheghar Roared as his eye glowed gold.
“yes my lord.” He shakes continuously
Rheghar look at the woman and call on her. “elf” Rheghar called with his endowed powerfull voice
She stand up crying to her best. “what name bare thou.?” Rheghar asked
“sorah” she answered
“how many of our grain, thou hast stolen? It takes thee how long that ye have done this?.” Rheghar asked
“i stole a bag and i just start today”. She immediately went on her kness begging.
“please don't crucify me or feed me to your lion. I am doing this to save my family.” She held his leg. Rheghar hold her and raise her up.
“if i catch you stealing again. Ye will be crucified..” the woman nodded “go and dont come back” she run and disappeared, Noah nodded at him who nod back in acceptance, Rheghar walk out while his pet followed him up.
TO BE CONTINUED

(1) (Reply)

Lucid Dreams / Bijou: The Memoir By Itty Okim / Say No To Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.