Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,812 members, 7,889,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:33 PM

URGENT - How To Replace Lost Nigerian Passport In The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / URGENT - How To Replace Lost Nigerian Passport In The UK (830 Views)

What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? / Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

URGENT - How To Replace Lost Nigerian Passport In The UK by whytho: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Has anyone gone through the process of replacing a lost Nigerian passport in the UK?

I am British with dual nationality and I need to replace my Nigerian passport that I lost

On picture attachment 1, the statement under number xii. states that if I meet the listed requirements, I should ‘Click Here’, which takes me to this website:

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/

Once I get to this website, under the ‘passport’ header I select ‘Apply for reissue of lost/stolen or damaged passport’ and this takes me to an online application form. My issue is that the application form reads as though it is meant for people applying from NIGERIA and not the UK

For example, in picture attachment number 2, the only option to choose for ‘processing country’ is Nigeria. Also, when I went further down the application process and it was time to pay, it was going to charge me in Naira

I don’t want to pay and then realise I have paid for the wrong application. Maybe it is just me but I am not finding their website that clear, I know I am supposed to bring the stuff listed in picture attachment 1 from numbers i. to xii. that apply to me

But from numbers xiii. to xv. which application am I supposed to submit to get these documents?

Any help would be very appreciated, I am very desperate. Thank you

Cc justwise

Re: URGENT - How To Replace Lost Nigerian Passport In The UK by Obinnau(m): 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
why not email, call or visit the Nigerian embassy in UK?
Re: URGENT - How To Replace Lost Nigerian Passport In The UK by whytho: 3:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
Obinnau:
why not email, call or visit the Nigerian embassy in UK?
I’ve emailed - no response
I’ve called multiple times - no response
I don’t have time to visit just to ask questions, not for the actual appointment itself when there’s isn’t even a guarantee to be seen, that will be my last resort.

Contacting via email or telephone should be a sufficient way of communicating. I’m not finding the information they’ve provided on their website clearcut so it would be helpful to know if anyone has been through the process so I don’t spend money that I won’t be able to get back

1 Like

Re: URGENT - How To Replace Lost Nigerian Passport In The UK by Cyberknight: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
whytho:

I’ve emailed - no response
I’ve called multiple times - no response
I don’t have time to visit just to ask questions, not for the actual appointment itself when there’s isn’t even a guarantee to be seen, that will be my last resort.

Contacting via email or telephone should be a sufficient way of communicating. I’m not finding the information they’ve provided on their website clearcut so it would be helpful to know if anyone has been through the process so I don’t spend money that I won’t be able to get back

I think you'll end up having to go to Northumberland Avenue to visit the little bit of Nigerian inefficiency there.

The NHC in London is not known to answer the phone or respond to emails. Along with the embassy in Dublin (another unforgettable address, Leeson Park), you need to fill your soul with plenty of patience when you have to go there. Just imagine that you are dealing with any standard government department back home, because that is what you are going to face.

1 Like

Re: URGENT - How To Replace Lost Nigerian Passport In The UK by whytho: 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
Cyberknight:

I think you'll end up having to go to Northumberland Avenue to visit the little bit of Nigerian inefficiency there.

The NHC in London is not known to answer the phone or respond to emails. Along with the embassy in Dublin (another unforgettable address, Leeson Park), you need to fill your soul with plenty of patience when you have to go there. Just imagine that you are dealing with any standard government department back home, because that is what you are going to face.
Thanks for the response sir

(1) (Reply)

Bike Rider Knocked Down By Car, Dies On The Spot (Graphic Photos) / USA: Igboman Degree He Will Never Return To IMO State, After His Friend Narrowly / Pleas How Can I Procure The Citizenship Of Any Of These Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.