Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,549 members, 7,948,118 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:24 PM

Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury (633 Views)

Boniface Flies Coach Who Nurtured Him At Home To Watch Leverkusen's Coronation / Tottenham Hotspur Sack Coach, Nuno Espírito Santo / Wilder To Face Fury For Another Rematch In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury by solbase10(m): 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Deontay Wilder will part company with coach Mark Breland after he threw in the towel in the seventh round of his defeat by Tyson Fury.

Breland has been widely praised for his decision as Wilder took a beating in the corner of the ring having been dropped twice earlier in the fight

But head trainer Jay Deas later said he disagreed with the move – and Wilder has backed up his cornerman.

After confirming he will exercise his right to a trilogy fight with Fury, Wilder revealed he is ready to change his coaching team.

“I am upset with Mark for the simple fact that we’ve talked about this many times and it’s not emotional,” Wilder told Yahoo.

“It is not an emotional thing, it’s a principal thing. We’ve talked about this situation many, many years before this even happened. I said as a warrior, as a champion, as a leader, as a ruler, I want to go out on my shield. If I’m talking about going in and killing a man, I respect the same way. I abide by the same principal of receiving.

“So I told my team to never, ever, no matter what it may look like, to never throw the towel in with me because I’m a special kind. I still had five rounds left. No matter what it looked like, I was still in the fight.

“I understand he was looking out for me and trying to do what he felt was right, but this is my life and my career and he has to accept my wishes.”

Wilder was also critical of referee Kenny Bayless who he claimed allowed Fury to hit him to the back of his head.

“The referee told me specifically that if I hit him in the back of the head or hit him on the break, he’d disqualify me,” he added.

“But I guess that was only directed toward me, because he allowed Fury to do those things. That’s the one thing that bothered me of everything.”

Log on to www.completesports.com to read more interesting news like this. @completesportsnigeria @Completesports #breakingnews #sports #news ##sportsnews #wbo #boxing #boxingnews

Re: Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury by Fladm(m): 12:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
Okay
Re: Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury by Mraphel: 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
If he knocked you down and killed you...the coach will be blamed.

Fury dominated the fight ...wilder needs no excuses.

2 Likes

Re: Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury by flamingREED(m): 12:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ego is bad.

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury by greatmarshall(m): 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
But you chop beating sha grin

1 Like

Re: Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury by Freestainworld(m): 12:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
flimsy excuses, you ain't getting that belt back again.
Re: Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury by salford: 12:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
The guy is truly an id!ot. he rates himself a lot. I don't blame him, American hype and because he knocks out no-name boxers and journeymen makes him think he is some boxing guru. grin. The guy that threw in the towel saved his life.

Since there is a 3rd match clause in his contract with Fury, I am sure he would pull his rematch clause, and would be totally destroyed this time around. He has been known as a one trick pony with zero other skills. No foot work, no jab work, no boxing skills, no uppercut skills. All he has is the right hook which Fury made useless. He needs to fight people like Whyte, Takam, etc to really know l his true level since he has been cherry picking fighters all these years.
Re: Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury by scoundrel(f): 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
The story looks made up.

Complete Sports of that year. Whoever owns the brand is definitely a millionaire. It does no form of advertising yet is highly consumed by low income earners. I remember how men always saved 10.00 NGN three ways to purchase a copy daily abi weekly. With a quick Google search at the average man’s disposal I’m sure the magazine has immensely lost popularity.
Re: Wilder To Sack Coach Who Threw In The Towel Against Fury by cRobo: 12:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
Wilder stood no chance

Great call by the coach

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Moves Family Out Of Luxury Townhouse To 'quiet Fishing Village / EPL: Three Nigerian Stars Sign Deals With Chelsea / Cech Introduces New Chelsea Goalkeeper To Replace Kepa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.