Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,805 members, 7,889,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:52 PM

Consultant Doctors Declare Indefinite Strike Over NUC Academic Requirement - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Consultant Doctors Declare Indefinite Strike Over NUC Academic Requirement (422 Views)

Resident Doctors Declare Total & Indefinite Strike, List 8 Demands / Cross River Doctors Declare Strike, Accuse Ayade Govt Of Hiding COVID19 Patients / Ogun Doctors Declare Three-day Warning Strike Amid COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Consultant Doctors Declare Indefinite Strike Over NUC Academic Requirement by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
The Medical and Dental Consultant Association of Nigeria has embarked on indefinite strike action to protest the National Universities Commission’s requirement demanding that clinical lecturers must acquire a doctorate qualification in order for career progression in Nigerian university system.

Prof Kenneth Ozoilo, National President of MDCAN, announced the strike at a press conference in Jos, Plateau State, on Tuesday and directed all consultant doctors in the country to comply.

He said, “The decision of the NUC to embark on this policy direction without due attention to the consequences and implications is to say the least embarrassing.

“Consequently, we are left with no further choice than to withdraw our services from the universities with immediate effect.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/02/25/breaking-consultant-doctors-declare-indefinite-strike-over-nuc-academic-requirement

Re: Consultant Doctors Declare Indefinite Strike Over NUC Academic Requirement by OSESUNATE(m): 4:25pm On Feb 25, 2020
I don't think NUC has a say on this one. Its callous and unreasonable for them to make it compulsory for consultants to get a PhD to teach clinical students... If you're not a medical personnel, pls don't quote me

Well, this goes a long way to tell us about the competence of persons at the helm of affairs. I'll just fold my hands and watch where they will recruit consultants with PhD to teach!!!

(1) (Reply)

First Case Of Corona Virus In Nigeria Diagonised In Lagos / Coronavirus: 5 Reasons Why COVID-19 Could Be A Disaster In Lagos / No Testing Area For Coronavirus In South South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.