Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,902 members, 7,886,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:24 AM

I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku (7552 Views)

Lere Olayinka Preparing For Arrest & Detention By Buhari's DSS / Kogi Group Calls For Arrest Of Tinubu Over Abubakar Audu’s ‘murder’ / I’m Ready For PDP Forces – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by silami(m): 4:01am On Dec 18, 2010
I’m ready for arrest - Atiku
Friday, 17 December 2010 00:00 Fidelis Mac-Leva

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar
Former Vice President and presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Atiku Abubakar has said that tolerance for dissenting views and opponents remains an integral component of democracy.

Atiku made the statement last night in reaction to President Goodluck Jonathan’s threat, which was ostensibly a reaction to the former Vice President’s widely reported comment on the consequences of resisting change.

Atiku had at the national stakeholders conference warned that “those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.” He had also added that “this (violent change) is not what we want for Nigeria.”

In a statement by his campaign organisation in Abuja last night, the former Vice President said that he and his supporters will not be deterred in the commitment to ensure that the PDP abides by its zoning arrangement in line with the party’s amended constitution.

“Atiku is a democrat who has at all times toed the path of constitutionality and rule of law in advancing the cause of democracy and therefore cannot be recommending a path that is at variance with his life-long struggles to deepen democracy in Nigeria,” the statement said.

The statement added that Atiku’s comment was borne out of historical reality when the late U.S. President John F. Kennedy warned against the consequences of making peaceful change impossible.

He said the statement should be taken in its historical context in terms of the bitter experiences that injustice has caused around the world, and as evidenced in the looming crisis in Cote d’Ivoire.

“As a responsible and dignified statesman, Atiku will never resort to scare-mongering or any anti-social action which can undermine Nigeria’s co-existence,” the statement added.

The PDP presidential aspirant argued that accusing him of causing tension is like putting the saddle on the wrong horse.

According to him, no Nigerian leader in recent memory has caused so much bitterness, division, suspicions and animosity among Nigerians like President Goodluck Jonathan because of his ambition to run in 2011.

Atiku recalled that a serving federal minister in this administration once threatened that Nigeria could face dire consequences if President Jonathan was forced out of the presidential race.

He wondered how a president that tore the PDP apart and caused bitterness within his own ruling party because of his ambition could accuse anyone of causing tension.

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8585:im-ready-for-arrest-atiku&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by strangerf: 5:31am On Dec 18, 2010
This guy is becoming incoherent

I love Western politics, not this almanjiri type!
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 18, 2010
Empty brained pig! This Atiku guy is really beginning to piss me off!
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by kulutempa: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2010
Ready for arrest? Alright Mr Atiku, why don't you go to the United States. I've got a flight ticket for you.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by carnal: 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2010
If Atiku is ready for arrest we can contribute for his flight to the U.S then we can be sure he is truly ready for arrest.jagnssssssss
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by Beaf: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2010
Atiku is a dunce.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by Mingler: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2010
Visit www.professionalsinnigeria.com to meet professionals from all over Nigeria.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by Otunbakay(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2010
The rich also cry! can someone pls tell Atiku to stop crying- zoning is as dead as Atiku ever becoming nigeria's president, chikena.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by rasputinn(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2010
strangerf:

This guy is becoming incoherent

I love Western politics, not this almanjiri type!

Atiku is an broke-ass desperate incoherent almajiri politician
I spit on you A-thief-ku

greateros:

Empty brained pig! This Atiku guy is really beginning to piss me off!

He pissed moi off decades ago
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by rasputinn(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
kulutempa:

Ready for arrest? Alright Mr Atiku, why don't you go to the United States. I've got a flight ticket for you.

Q.E.D
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by nethacker(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
he is crazy,let him jst shut up and face his charges.buffoon angry angry
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by Appearance(m): 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2010
Time is beginning to expose the emptiness of the clown who wants to be Nigeria's president.
He does not realize that Nigeria has long moved from the era of mediocrity.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by shudi(m): 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2010
The problem we are facing in this country as regards leadership is because we don't have a democratically elected leader. Enough is enough of zoning system. Am not a supporter of any candidate but i just took the stand that zoning as failed us in this country and we don't want it again.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by ladi02(m): 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2010
If they want to fight, they should fight themselves in PDP and not bring it to us Nigeria!

bunch of greedy thieves fighting to lead the thieving party!
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by otokx(m): 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2010
Don't worry ATIKU; nobody wants to arrest you.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by dhamie2009(m): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2010
who cares grin grin
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by 9dynasty(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2010
fellow Nigerians, reading this topic and thread has made my day knowing how much our young now speak up for the truth as i pray soon we will be able to FACE it not only speak up to it. Our much needed revolution is just around the corner. GOD bless Nigerians and Nigeria.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by juman(m): 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2010
kulutempa:

Yes.

Alh. Atiku should forget about zoning and prepare himself for PDP presidential primary.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by Beaf: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2010
Atiku is a dunce.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by callme2: 4:02pm On Dec 18, 2010
Atiku

I dey laugh!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by spearman(m): 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2010
Can't imagine there are people in the PDP that are supporting this clown. 'REAR ADMIRAL' Atiku prison should be a lot of 'fun' for you
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by callme2: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2010
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i dey laugh oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by uwaifiokun: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2010
I think the OBJ laugh bug has caught up with every one. Me self can't just stop laughing!!!! If he is ready for arrest,what are the security men waiting for.He does not deserve any respect.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by famochy(m): 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2010
Atiku should just forget about 2011 and start planning for 2015 ode,
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by uwaifiokun: 4:34pm On Dec 18, 2010
even in 2015,he will not rule this country.It is finished for him though.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by SeXyBoNE: 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2010
Stand Up NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by gamesb: 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2010
atiku shut up ur mouth . u are a looooser , failure & an in-grate . upon the abuse u abuse P.D.P in the past u still open ur mouth to talk of P.D.P & zoning .
This is how OBJ brought u to limelight in 1999 u later  turn around  to use him as an object of redicule, all the name of fighting his 3rd term bid, u are an in-grate ashaowooooo  politian.
Let me promise u even in ur JADA ward u will fail in 2011 talk less of the whole nigeria.
ATIKU  u will become a professional contestant .
How many times will the north rule this country ? wat of the south - south or south - east are they not nigerians?
the south- south that is bring the bulk of money that substain the nation , don't they have the right to rule?
their money that is making u have long-truth that u most be president u fail .
We have tagged u professional contesant u can't will any election u disloyal fellow.
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by gerona: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2010
Make Atiku go sidon for gutter or relocate to Al Qaeda Republic. Is it by force to rule Nigeria?
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by honsule(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2010
gerona:

Make Atiku go sidon for gutter or relocate to Al Qaeda Republic. Is it by force to rule Nigeria?

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by sley4life(m): 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2010
He shud be arrested and sent to the worst prison in the country. Atiku is a nuisance
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by strangerf: 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2010
sley4life:

He shud be arrested and sent to the worst prison in the country. Atiku is a nuisance

He should be sent to Gusua in Maiduguri?
Re: I’m Ready For Arrest - Atiku by Arosa(m): 6:56pm On Dec 18, 2010
lock him up and throw away the key. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Will Always Love Yoruba--eurobomber / Benue Water Project: World Bank And FG Begin Project / Ogun State Government And The Paris Club Refund Yet To Be Fulfilled Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.