Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,183 members, 7,884,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigerian Citizenship: ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Citizenship: ? (3261 Views)

Africa Countries : Whose Citizenship Would U Choose If Given A Second Chance. / Your View about Nigerians Who Travel To USA To Give Birth For USA Citizenship? / A Nigerian Renounces His Nigerian Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Citizenship: ? by racheal84(f): 6:15am On Dec 18, 2010
I am an american woman married to a NIgerian Man. I wanted to know if anyone knew how i could obtain nigerian citizinship or a residence card or whatever there. Is it hard to do? I have been looking stuff up online but am not coming up with much. any help NOT RUDE COMMENTS would be helpful. thanks
Re: Nigerian Citizenship: ? by Tsiya(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2010
racheal84:

I am an american woman married to a NIgerian Man. I wanted to know if anyone knew how i could obtain nigerian citizinship or a residence card or whatever there. Is it hard to do? I have been looking stuff up online but am not coming up with much. any help NOT RUDE COMMENTS would be helpful. thanks

Go to the nearest Nigerian embassy to get the info you need.

Unfortunately in Nigeria, there is no standard process of doing things, everybody will tell you different things. But it is generally it is very difficult to get Nigerian citizenship because of the long, hard procedure and government bureacracy that you will be subjected to

If you are white, your application for Nigerian Citizenship will only be granted by the Federal Council of State. If you are black, there are many back door procedures you can follow to get Nigerian Passport once you go to Nigeria provided that you know someone, or your husband know someone.
Re: Nigerian Citizenship: ? by Ezennaemeka1(m): 10:28am On Dec 18, 2010
Please do not give anybody money to do it for you rather walk to any Nigeria embassy near you to apply or better come to Nigeria and go to the apropriate agencies to apply.
Re: Nigerian Citizenship: ? by honsule(m): 7:15pm On Dec 18, 2010
The Best and safer way to become a Citizen is by going to Nigeria Embassy near you to obtain an authentic and current procedure.
I would have done the inquiry for u as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria,but am very Busy at the moment.All the Best
Re: Nigerian Citizenship: ? by TEXASGIRL(f): 5:13am On Dec 19, 2010
I was told that because I am married to a Nigerian I am eligible to get a Nigerian passport which is what I assume you want? The cost is $500 so if you travel there often it will save much money on visas and time going through customs. However, have you considered that it could make you more vulnerable? You would then be held to the same laws and treatment that Nigerians are, also if something were to happen to you while there the US would be less likely to step in to help you as you are a citizen. I find it a difficult decision to make. Call the Atlanta embassy at (770)-394-5233, they can help you.
Re: Nigerian Citizenship: ? by chi21: 12:12am On Dec 20, 2010
lol my sister seen you know every thing why dont you do it
Re: Nigerian Citizenship: ? by tpia1: 4:46am On Dec 20, 2010
check with the nigerian embassy.
Re: Nigerian Citizenship: ? by Prec1ous(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Nupe Families In Lagos / Uto Asusu Igbo / 10 African Inventions That Changed The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.