Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,077 members, 7,931,693 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:52 AM

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me (53581 Views)

Yay!!!... Today Is My Happy Day! Just Moved Into My Own Apartment / I Need Help With The Apartment I Rented / My Business Started Crumbling Since I Moved Into This Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by peacefulhome(f): 8:41am On Feb 29, 2020
SleekyPosh:

Your sense of humor is special. grin grin cool cool kiss

Lol, don't mind me.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by tyup(m): 9:06am On Feb 29, 2020
Jeezuzpick:

The noise was a constant irritant, that's what I discovered.
Thank God I recovered.
good for you
hope ur recovered
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by rhames(m): 9:29am On Feb 29, 2020
Tharaja:
Goodmorning my Elders in the house. I moved into this apartment of 150k in january this year. I have done one month and some week in it.

I just get to notice there are two Grinding machines with a terrible noise some meters away from my window. 4am in the morning, the machines are On which wakes me up abruptly from sleep. They are killing me psycologically. Even afternoon, They come on too. I can't sleep afternoon, I cant enjoy sleep at nite.

I want to seek for refund of my remaining money from my Landlord. I dont know if that is possible.

Pls elders, how do I go about requesting for a refund of my money that is remaining, Cos I want to relocate from that Noise. Am dieing slowly. Help. Thanks you all.

You would have specified explicitly to your agent your preferences before hand.

Get the agent to who brought you in to get another new tenant while he refunds you then move somewhere else.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Igbodicool(m): 9:48am On Feb 29, 2020
TechCapon:
I'm still thinking of how to cope with them in future. Children noise dey irritate me
You'll my brother, all of us did.
They're the reason why we're called father and labour every day.
If you see where my four kids make noise eee you fit go hide inside bush.
But in all, we are happy having them around!
Lol...

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Supersymetry: 11:15am On Feb 29, 2020
Noisy people are making life difficult for people every where, they need start arresting them,
or charge them very high(up to 10% of their income) anyday they disturb the environment with noise.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by yommyk222(m): 12:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
Me that even have bar right at the back of my window did I complain, grin lolz every weekend like this na war because they watch football and shout alot. Even the music they play everyday self can make person sick..
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by alizma: 1:16pm On Feb 29, 2020
cRobo:
Ask them to move that machine from you window side and if they fail to oblidge whenever their are not around pour salt in the petrol engine
And if they find out you are responsible, they will pour what they know will spoil your destiny into your life.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Ogi11: 1:41pm On Feb 29, 2020
really
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Candoit: 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
Sonnobax15:
grin Ordinary noise ny u dey worry...me that is living close to a bet9ja shop that has been burying me,did i complain?

Gosh!. I have lived near a bet9ja shop. Even though my compound was fenced, it was still so horrible as their gen was just by bedroom window!. I never had peace until 11pm when they shut down. I moved out even before the rent expired.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by ImaIma1(f): 2:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
TechCapon:
That's the first thing I look out for when getting a new apartment. Any compound with more than 3 children is a no no for me. Any church or mosque around, ur name na sorry. I hate noisy environments

The children won't be living in your house na. And except it's a face me I face you, the number of children shouldn't bother you. Everyone will be in their flats
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by TechCapon(m): 3:08pm On Feb 29, 2020
ImaIma1:

The children won't be living in your house na. And except it's a face me I face you, the number of children shouldn't bother you. Everyone will be in their flats
true. But some kids are stubborn sha
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by anthonyuncle(m): 3:47pm On Feb 29, 2020
TechCapon:
That's the first thing I look out for when getting a new apartment. Any compound with more than 3 children is a no no for me. Any church or mosque around, ur name na sorry. I hate noisy environments

u go need go find house for mountain
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by eagleonearth(m): 4:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
Tharaja:
Goodmorning my Elders in the house. I moved into this apartment of 150k in january this year. I have done one month and some week in it.

I just get to notice there are two Grinding machines with a terrible noise some meters away from my window. 4am in the morning, the machines are On which wakes me up abruptly from sleep. They are killing me psycologically. Even afternoon, They come on too. I can't sleep afternoon, I cant enjoy sleep at nite.

I want to seek for refund of my remaining money from my Landlord. I dont know if that is possible.

Pls elders, how do I go about requesting for a refund of my money that is remaining, Cos I want to relocate from that Noise. Am dieing slowly. Help. Thanks you all.
which area of Lagos?
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by GOFRONT(m): 5:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
But Op, without the grinding Machines, how can you get fried Akara to buy from the roadside?

Or don't you eat Moi moi??

Dont worry, las las you would be alright....

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by seangy4konji: 5:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
This rent issue is giving me a big headache now...the housebusva new house butbi was desperate when I got it...the landlord pair for prepaid meter,they installed a prepaid meter that cannot be recharged manually except you pay the guy who installed it.the man who is like care taker has a older meter but does notbwabt us to connect to it...now ibedc has cut my like ght for 3 weeks and I have been on generator day in day out...NEPA guy called me it's sorted and I paid to have the light re installed,they have cone again which is another set to cut it and ask UA to provide receipts vi use in recharging the meter...

The whole thing just tire me and I just paid for another year this December...I spend nothing lessbthan 1k5 every day and very pissingnto see the whole area have light but me just burning sfuel...I just wishbibsee on awoof money and just leave the house for them if they can't fix the meter issue
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by correctyourself(m): 9:29am On Mar 01, 2020
Tharaja:

Just buy your own and increase the noise. Lol
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by okikiosibodu(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ogbunigwe2018:

Mine na two crazy boerboels
I will definitely run them down this rainy season and claim poor vision
Hehehehehehehe. I laffed reall hard.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by NextD18: 6:22pm On Mar 03, 2020
flyca:
Nigeria is a country where anything goes!
No noise regulations.
I want to buy honey. cheesy
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Elxandre(m): 10:48am On Apr 26, 2020
JaceBlaze:
This just reminded me of how much I hate life in the busy CBDs.You hardly get any rest/sleep with the constant screeching of tires,loud music in the nearby night clubs,inconsiderate idiots blasting music from the boot of the cars in the parking lot around 2 AM...it's just too hellish.
Please what's CBD?
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by TMKsouth: 11:34am On Apr 26, 2020
Elxandre:

Please what's CBD?

Central Business District / inner city / downtown

South Africans use CBD.
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by TMKsouth: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2020
JaceBlaze:
This just reminded me of how much I hate life in the busy CBDs.You hardly get any rest/sleep with the constant screeching of tires,loud music in the nearby night clubs,inconsiderate idiots blasting music from the boot of the cars in the parking lot around 2 AM...it's just too hellish.

I prefer CBD life - but not the Hillbrow or Sunnyside type (too chaotic). Don't enjoy suburban living (too quiet) or townships (too busy).

Lived around Ghandi Square in Jo'burg for 5 years and it was so convenient with all amenities close by. Was even using public transport.

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by Perfecttouchade: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
Check out our Aluminium windows (Casement, Sliding, projected), Toilet doors, Railings etc. Thanks and Remember to stay Safe
https://www.nairaland.com/5672837/getting-quality-aluminium-windows-made
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by JaceBlaze: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
TMKsouth:

I prefer CBD life - but not the Hillbrow or Sunnyside type (too chaotic). Don't enjoy suburban living (too quiet) or townships (too busy).

Lived around Ghandi Square in Jo'burg for 5 years and it was so convenient with all amenities close by. Was even using public transport.

The less we talk about Hillbrow & Sunnyside,the better... grin

The sad truth is if South African government doesn’t take the border issue seriously and stop THOSE people from coming here,all these places that are better will be looking like the war-torn Middle East in 15 years undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by TMKsouth: 3:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
JaceBlaze:

The less we talk about Hillbrow & Sunnyside,the better... grin

The sad truth is if South African government doesn’t take the border issue seriously and stop THOSE people from coming here,all these places that are better will be looking like the war-torn Middle East in 15 years undecided

Does it take 15 years?? grin grin I thought it was instant, happens overnight. Leaving u thinking "what the heck just happened?".

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by JaceBlaze: 3:42pm On May 01, 2020
TMKsouth:

Does it take 15 years?? grin grin I thought it was instant, happens overnight. Leaving u thinking "what the heck just happened?".

It depends on how large the pack is.One flight from Lagos full of them is enough to reduce a section of a city into rubble in an hour as if an asteroid fell there.Very destructive grin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by TMKsouth: 5:40pm On May 01, 2020
JaceBlaze:

It depends on how large the pack is.One flight from Lagos full of them is enough to reduce a section of a city into rubble in an hour as if an asteroid fell there.Very destructive grin

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me by anthonysmith123: 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2021
You can try to soundproof your rooms from the outoor noise. I have found good materials https://silencewiki.com/soundproofing/how-to-make-a-room-soundproof-from-outside-noise/ you can read about how to do this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Bicycle For N10 Million ? (photo Attached) / Chelsea Estate In Ajah Lagos: John Mikel Obi Is Building It... / Dairy Of My 3 Bedrooms Flat( All En-suit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.