Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,295 members, 7,943,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:25 PM

Paamf Celebrates Mama Fasoyin At 80. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Paamf Celebrates Mama Fasoyin At 80. (349 Views)

Dejumo Lewis Dies At 80 / Adams Afegbai Is Dead: Lilian Afegbai's Father Dies At 80 After Suffering Burns / Throwback Photo Of Pete Edochie And His Family In The 80's Shared By Yul Edochie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paamf Celebrates Mama Fasoyin At 80. by Fajbay04(m): 11:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
Unlike modern days gospelers who dress in 'jean' track suit-like trousers,in sexy gowns and waltz their heaps, obviously in a manner of wayward girls called in boyish slang, Slay Mommas, whose lyrics and beats are devoid of divine inspiration, filthy enough to destabilize one's mind and never extol God's power amidst life's intimidating challenges, Mama Deborah Adebola Fasoyin stands out.

Am I saying the Octogenarian is a perfect entity? No. No human being is perfect. Such hasn't been forged from the smithy of divine powers. Surely, every human enterprise has its shortcomings. Nonetheless, Mama is making a difference.

She is the leader of C.A.C Good Women Choir, established in the 70s. That group sang in the Holy Ghost, sonorously. They were enomousely impressive. They were perfect studies in ennobling character. Untainted cum untarred,they've carried and still carrying the banner of the gospel. That's the group she led. I do not know anyone who understand Yoruba language whose brain and mind would not connect with the song :

Odun lo sopin o
Baba rere
Baba Ma somi o
Tomotomo
Ohun ti o pa mi lekun o
Lodun titun
Ma je ko sele simi o Baba rere.
Ma je kawo leri sokun
Ma je n daso ofo bora
Ogun roju je roju mu
Mama je ko je ti temi
Alafia pipe ni mo fe, fi ta mi lore
Je n ri na, Jen rilo
Baba wa se mi logo
Ma je tawo na
Ma je ntaraka lodun titun
Dabo, Olorun mi dabo.

She's the lead-vocalist in that records,over four decades ago, 'Hallelujah Lo Mumi Goke Mo Dupe' Odun Yi Atura and others. I grew up to know those tracks in my household. My late granny who was a C.A.C member enjoyed those tracks the way the Oyinbos enjoy coffee. Odun Nlo Sopin is a popular track that always rule the airwaves whenever the year is going to an end; it's a song that was laced with punchy prayer points against evil spirits, assumed to be ruling mber months in Africa.

Everybody likes it.

Since the inception of the song, it's not an understatement that it has not lost its savour. It is still relevant and appears new as though released yesterday. It is an evergreen music,you said. No doubt!

'Evergreen' is one of the undeniable benefits of the lovers of God. Those who wait on Him.

The Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Corinthians 2:9 wrote: " What no eye has seen,what no ear has heard,and what no human mind has conceived,the things God has prepared for those who love him." The Psalmist also added,that: "...they shall be like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither..."

When I watched Mama at Daystar Christian Centre's Concert,I can't but say that she's evergreen. Not only the beauty of God radiate in her life,just like other people,I saw the aura.

At 80, human expectation is deodorant. But, Mama Fasoyin is still glowing.She's a scion of a beautiful heritage,fealty and honour. She's winning awards. Ministrying through song. Truly, God honours his word in her life. He's not a son of Adam that he would lie.

On behalf of President/ Founder of Professor Ademola Adesina Foundation and the entire team,I celebrate you,and therefore pray that you wax stronger in God's grace to continuously to touch lives and to finish strong as you always pray.

Belated happy birthday,Ma.

Adebayo Fajinmi is an Online Editor to Professor Ademola Adesina Memorial Foundation.

Re: Paamf Celebrates Mama Fasoyin At 80. by nlPoster: 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Paamf Celebrates Mama Fasoyin At 80. by Alkidam(m): 2:16am On Feb 29, 2020
she will forever be a legend. may God grant her more years on earth
Re: Paamf Celebrates Mama Fasoyin At 80. by Nobody: 2:35am On Feb 29, 2020
Odun losopin is evergreen

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!!!!!veteran Actor, Pa Kasumu Is Dead(read Details Here) / Naira Marley Set To Drop A New Song And He Sound Like A Fuji Musician (listen) / 5 Rappers Who Ran In A Beef!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.