Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,879 members, 7,879,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:15 AM

The Ultimate Guide To Secure Your Website From Hackers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Ultimate Guide To Secure Your Website From Hackers (610 Views)

Get a responsive and SEO friendly website From Just N25,000 / Get Your Dream Website From The Best Web Design Company At 8000 Naira Discount / Get A Stunning Website From Us And Receive Money In Naira, US Dollars And Pounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ultimate Guide To Secure Your Website From Hackers by bobbyANSELEM: 10:03am On Feb 29, 2020
Hello guys, here's another tip from me

We all talk about SEO, "how to gain more traffic," "how to gain more backlinks,". Yeah yeah.

These are necessary for a successful blogger, But you guys forget the most important thing, which is SECURITY

Blogging is just like an investment, it's our online business, we invest in it and aim to get our returns. But what happens when your investment crashes or gets stolen by greedy hackers? That's the end right?.

To avoid this from happening, there are some simple measures that has to be put in place. You don't always depend on your host for security yes, I said that.

Some malware and DDos attacks can be so complicating that your host can't help you, rather they'll disactivate your site from their end. (And there is nothing you can do about it).

Many top blogs out there has tons of security measures, to protect their site, and keep it safe. And this is exactly what I'm gonna disclose to you guys.

To keep your site safe

1. Install a backup plugin . This is the first step to security, Many of you have backup plug-in, but still store your backup on your sever which is bad. When your site gets hit, your backup goes with it. (It's just like putting your eggs in one basket).

Install a backup plugin that saves your backup files (including database and theme) in another storage different from your sever. And Updraftplus: is all you need, it backups your files and save them in your Google drive, Amazon S3, or any other storage suitable to u (you have to make your choice). And it also has automatic backup, you can set it 7 hours, 10 hours, 20 hours, daily, weekly, or two weeks, depending on your choice.

2. Activate a firewall:. many of us use cloudflare, yea, it's ok, but cloudflare isn't very sufficient, sucuri firewall is the best, as it stops any attack from hitting your sever, and filter away bad traffic from hitting your server too.
(But, sorry, it's not free cry)

3. Change your Login URL: before a hacker hacks your site he must do that through your Login URL, eg: Yoursitename/wp-admin.
But when you change your Login URL to something like, Yoursitename/Logmein or Yoursitename/whateveryoulike hackers will find it very difficult to guess your site Login url. And WPS hide Login URL [/b]will help you do just that.

[b]4. Install lockdown Plugin:
last week I had brute Force attacks on my new blog, 7 times per 5mins. Just imagine, it was a new blog ooo.
You can imagine the rate of attacks I would have been getting if my blog gets very popular.

I quickly installed a plugin called Login lockdown

It locks out any one that tries to Login your dashboard, after 3 times of failed trail, depending on your settings.

Remember, your blog is your business, your investment, you Should protect it like how a mother protects her little baby.

Thank you.

Don't copy this

Anselem Ukandu blogs at https://zigihow.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Adsence Account With Domain For Sale / Get An I.T Training At The Comfort Of Your Home / 4 Reasons Mobile Email Has Become So Important For Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.