Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,787 members, 7,921,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:47 PM

Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere (5622 Views)

10 Nigerian States That Can't Survive Without Federal Allocation - TheCableIndex / "We Can't Survive Without Yahoo Boys" - Prostitutes Join #EndSARS Protest / My Restructuring Plan For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by ejanla077: 9:12am On Mar 01, 2020
BUSINESSARENAA:
OP you have shown to be a confused entity and a mischief maker.

From which parameters did you draw your conclusion from before arriving at such decietful, misleading and ignorant conclusion.

Let's look at the states in South East.

IMO:. It is a know fact today that Imo State has the highest number of gas deposit in the country. the gas deposit found in Imo State today if fully explored and properly harnessed, will sustain Nigeria as a country, how much less a region, as gas has been proven to be the future king.

This is not to also mention the deposits of crude oil found all over the state which are yet to be explored. So the gas deposit found in Imo State alone can sustain Nigeria.

ANAMBRA STATE:. Need I say much about this state, as it's potentials and capabilities are known evennto the deaf, the dumb and the blind.

As it stands now, Anambra is turning to an industrial hub. A lot of companies are found in this state, notable among them is the INNOSSON VEHICLE MANUFACTURING COMPANY, also recently we saw Dangote making a purchase of #69B from ANAMMCO found in Anambra state, just to mention few.

This state is also leading in trade and commerce, the various markets found in this state, from Main Market Onitsha, to Nkwor Nnewi spare parts market, to Relief market, where huge volumes of trade occur daily, this has resulted in the state having the highest number if four storey building all over the Nation, which Obasanjo attested to when the visited and said he was intimidated by the number of four storey building found in the state.

This state is also faring well in terms of Agriculture as we can see their various rice processing plants , and other agro alli d based industries springing up rapidly in this state, indeed, Anambra state is the pride of the Igbo Nation.

Ebonyi State:
This state is well known for its Agricultural activities, especially the Abakiliki rice and salt. That's a great potential. All that is needed is to involve in mechanised farming and improve in their out put both in quality and quantity, especially to export grade, who says Abakiliki rice cannot be exported.

ENUGU STATE: As it is also known as coal city state. Large deposit of coal is found in this state. It will be minned and exported. The coal from this state is more than enough to sustain a country much less a state.

ABIA STATE: Come to Aba today and see the level of importation ongoing presently, you go bow. Trade and commerce is happening heavily here, unfortunately the state is plagued with bad and visionless leaders. It has great potentials in terms of trade and commerce, when fully harnessed, is self sustaining.

This is not to talk of the great human resources which is the greatest blessing of the region.

OP, time will not permit me to elaborate further, but from the few points I raised, it's obviously clear that there are great potentials found in the south east, which are being limited by the present day Nigeria.

Even those ahead and ontop of you knows these facts.

Annamco in emene Enugu state

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by ejanla077: 9:21am On Mar 01, 2020
Tflesk:

cheesy cheesy Go and google abt Tecno/Iphinix and come back n tell us wat u got

Oga stop talking trash.

I'm Igbo, i sell phones in computer Village, especially tecno infinix and itel..

Transsion a chinese company own the three phones..

Biko ekwuzina ife imaroo...
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by ejanla077: 9:23am On Mar 01, 2020
myobjective:

This is what I tell easterners eyeing the hydrocarbons of minority groups shouting about restructuring or Biafra. The question is what does the east possess or contribute to the centre now to warrant such hubris from them.

The reality is the east should be the last region to shout or demand restructuring.

Funny enough 4 out of the five south east states have been confirmed to own crude in commercial quantities.

Anambra and imo have the combined highest gas reserve..

So stop talking nonsense
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by ejanla077: 9:30am On Mar 01, 2020
johnmartus:
Southeast have been champion the campaign for restructuring Nigeria to Regional system of government. But I keep asking myself if southeast would survive the regional system of government in this present generation.
My reason for saying this could trace back to 1950 to 1960 where the same pattern was operated then. During regional system of government in the southeast ,we have enough evidence that the system wasn't work for them.

When Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that the system wasn't work for them he came to southwest but instead of Azikiwe to learn how Awolowo operating the system that working for his region. Azikiwe sermons Awolowo political enemies to frustrate Awolowo leadership.

Another reason why igbo should stop talking about restructuring . Southeast have no resources to finance regional government.

Also the southeast contributions to federal government is very low compare to what south-south and southwest contributing.

Again many igbo will still not willing to return back to their home state.

Another reason during the regional system of government southeast didn't achieve anything but other regions are flourishing. That is why Aguiyi ironsi introduced unitary system of government. Every government pursues economic development by trying to achieve macroeconomic objectives in a particular system of government.

Lowest level propaganda by someone wit very low iq..
Illiteracy is written allover this trash. No one should bother responding..

We no longer talking restructuring

Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Armaggedon: 10:12am On Mar 01, 2020
every Igbo commenting on this thread has just made a fool of himself. The op simply used this thread to make Igbo's support so called restructuring instead of Biafra and they fell for it.
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by AdaoraNK(f): 10:34am On Mar 01, 2020
johnmartus:
Southeast have been champion the campaign for restructuring Nigeria to Regional system of government. But I keep asking myself if southeast would survive the regional system of government in this present generation.
My reason for saying this could trace back to 1950 to 1960 where the same pattern was operated then. During regional system of government in the southeast ,we have enough evidence that the system wasn't work for them.

When Nnamdi Azikiwe knew that the system wasn't work for them he came to southwest but instead of Azikiwe to learn how Awolowo operating the system that working for his region. Azikiwe sermons Awolowo political enemies to frustrate Awolowo leadership.

Another reason why igbo should stop talking about restructuring . Southeast have no resources to finance regional government.

Also the southeast contributions to federal government is very low compare to what south-south and southwest contributing.

Another reason during the regional system of government southeast didn't achieve anything but other regions are flourishing. That is why Aguiyi ironsi introduced unitary system of government. Every government pursues economic development by trying to achieve macroeconomic objectives in a particular system of government.

John why u dey pity for south east?

Seems you are the one scared of restructuring. The fear of loosing oyel money from federation account is really scaring some people.
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by warripekin(m): 10:57am On Mar 01, 2020
If you are still thinking Nigeria as we know it, will survive the next ten years, then you must be high on something . As for those of you deriding igbos for asking for Biafra or a structured Nigeria I pity you . I advice you go worry about your region because what is coming will hit so hard that survival for some will be so hard and impossible . Nations don't survive on natural resources but on quality leadership who out of their knowledge develop thriving economy's based on knowledge, besides the Niger delta oil economy is in ìts last phase and will gradually become irrelevant like coal in years to come. As for the survival of the south East, they have the where withal and are arguably the largest middle class in Nigeria. they can even survive on diasporan tax alone , how much more when you add their industry. I repeat worry about your self not the Igbo man .

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
adekolaelect:
Enabling environment for the ease of doing businesses for both indigenes and none indigenes ,Security, Natural Resources and human development .but natural resource can not do it without those mention above and human managerial nature of Leaders and the citizens of the region.The region in question is not good in term of accommodating other regions and religions .the citizens of the region are migrators in nature which will to neglect of the region.Low revenues,lack of productive development will set in .
I'm glad we can agree on some things. From your comments, I'll like you to shed more light on one or two points you raised. Let's take it step by step instead of a fruitless argument. I hope you will indulge me.

1. We talk about enabling environment [for ease of doing business...]. I am of the opinion that everyone has their own needs in terms of what they require in an enabling environment. So what do you think are the top 5 things that will make the most impact for an enabling environment?

2. How can one gauge the human development index of a people?

3. In terms of security, do you think the general situation in the East warrant the level of military presence witnessed in recent years, compared to shortage of military manpower in the war ravaged areas up north? And why.

4. "The region is not good in accomodating other regions and religions"..
Is this your personal experience, or just repeating unproven hearsay?

5. On the issue of migration and neglect, have you even been to the East in the last 5 years?
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
wirinet:

But you forefathers have been migrating to other regions to be prosperous, even before independence. If the south east was so prosperous, why we're many checking out?
Migration does not equate prosperity, else, the fulanis would have been the most prosperous. When you make such comments, one might think the "other regions" are flowing with milk and honey. If so, why are the locals not themselves wealthy? And why does the issue of Easterners dominating their hosts come up? Cos one can only dominate who s/he is greater than. How do you reconcile these two accusations in one breath
Maybe you can help me understand better.

So why did you guys never recorded a prosperous or strong kingdom like Songhai, Oyo or Benin kingdoms. Benin kingdom even incorporated some of your lands up to Onitsha.
Great kingdoms they were, truly. Yet it doesn't take away the fact that other unsung kingdoms, empires, kindreds, and what have you, also hold their own. It's just like saying, if the Songhai empire was so great, why wasn't it greater than the Roman empire. These are unnecessary comparisons.
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by justtoodark: 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
monichannel:

Whenever I see the quoted I got crazy like... who is writing this

Does restructuring means everyone should go back to their States?

You lots always say the same thing when Igbos talk about secession. Who told you all when a country seceeds all it's citizens will leave their locations and go back??

Are all Nigerians in Nigeria?

This line @quoted gets me mad. Is it that these people don't have sense??

is he wrong....??
they will not return....
we already know that....

if una leave nigeria,una have no rights like nigerians no more....

await mass deportations....
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:
Actually, no region can survive restructuring, except the South South, and even the South South itself would run into trobule in a few years.

In my opinion, what is driving the cry for restructuring is two ideas

1.The North (usually defined as the Hausas...even though at least 50% of the North isn't Hausa) is eating Southern money

2.Under regionalism, we lived much better.

First, regions were not better than what we have today. The fact is, most people in all the regions lived in rural areas. And the spending was disproprtionately on the small educated class with the idea that they would develop Nigeria....and since it is the educated class that writes the story...that's why you hear many of them chanting 'Things were better'. Things were not better....and infact things would get worse if we had kept the regions.

Second...agriculture in Nigeria is largely subsistence. If we restructure into regions, or break up, the amount we produce agriculture wise would be too low to support one state , talk-less of one region. In a country where less than 10% of the farmers are practicing large scale mechanzed farming....the money generated won't be enough to support everyone.

Third,the biggest business in Nigeria is importing stuff and reselling. Infact the reason why many Easterners want restructuring is because they think that the oil money will sustain their business. Well, while I don't oppose anyone agitating for his interest...the truth is that under such a system, we would run out of forex in months...and be forced to take loans to sustain ourselves (because oil is on a downward trend)

Fourth, anyone telling me that the regions are going to use their human resources to devlop is on a long thing. Nigerians like welfare...which is why the North does not want to be free of oil from the South...and why some Easterners want Biafra and restructuring...because they think alike. In Nigeria...we see raw materials as an unlimited source of income to be shared...and that in our mind constitutes development. That is not development...development is using your limited resources to be productive.

In my opinion, Nigerians should forget restructuring, and instead force themselves to become a nation where every state is producing stuff for the global market....industrialization. It is because the road to industrial development is long and hard, and Nigerians want ready made, that they are chanting restructuring. Meanwhile, North, and South are non-producing entities...

Until every state in Nigeria is a producer, not a parasite...then we can talk restructuring. Because if we restructure now...we would be fighting resource wars within 10 years. And you won't like it.

And no, I am not speaking for the North. As far as I am concerned, the North needs this message of mine the most. They need to invest in education and industrial development urgently..especially as Boko Haram has shown them how neglect of their youth has led to problems.

As for the South East....you guys cannot have Biafra without changing your economic structure. Like the North, you need to invest in industrial and educational development, and make industries the center of your economy. Otherwise, Biafra would be a broke nation taking loans like Nigeria...because the main business is importing and selling stuff...stressing the forex savings.

Same for the South West. You will suffer under restructuring too. If you don't reduce your oil dependency.
Every region can, and will do well (I don't like the word "survive" ) after restructure. This issue of whether or not to restructure is born out of mental laziness and fear of losing the easy meal. Yes, there will be stability crises but it will pass...at least I'm sure of the south.

There's a lot of fallacies in the rest of your comment, but that's you.
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
warripekin:
If you are still thinking Nigeria as we know it, will survive the next ten years, then you must be high on something . As for those of you deriding igbos for asking for Biafra or a structured Nigeria I pity you . I advice you go worry about your region because what is coming will hit so hard that survival for some will be so hard and impossible . Nations don't survive on natural resources but on quality leadership who out of their knowledge develop thriving economy's based on knowledge, besides the Niger delta oil economy is in ìts last phase and will gradually become irrelevant like coal in years to come. As for the survival of the south East, they have the where withal and are arguably the largest middle class in Nigeria. they can even survive on diasporan tax alone , how much more when you add their industry. I repeat worry about your self not the Igbo man .
Nuff said.
Just leave am as you talk. When time reach, we go know wetin dey
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
Donelli:

Every region can, and will do well (I don't like the word "survive" ) after restructure. This issue of whether or not to restructure is born out of mental laziness and fear of losing the easy meal. Yes, there will be stability crises but it will pass...at least I'm sure of the south.

There's a lot of fallacies in the rest of your comment, but that's you.

There is no fallacy.

The problem with Nigeria, as I have said is that the leaders and the people think that we should share the money.

Under such a system, restructuring can degenerate into a big war for control of resources.

I am yet to see any Nigerian leader, past or present, actually develop a plan to get us off exporting raw materials and sharing the income into an economic plan nthat is based on industrial development. And i doubt restructuring would change old habits.
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 2:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

There is no fallacy.

The problem with Nigeria, as I have said is that the leaders and the people think that we should share the money.

Under such a system, restructuring can degenerate into a big war for control of resources.

I am yet to see any Nigerian leader, past or present, actually develop a plan to get us off exporting raw materials and sharing the income into an economic plan nthat is based on industrial development. And i doubt restructuring would change old habits.
Those leaders already know nigeria is heading for the rocks, and they're packing as much as possible to sustain them during their upcoming exile. While selling a dummy that all will soon be well, and the ignorantly gullible are already neck deep in the con.

As for the rest of the masses, the mindset is to grab the little they can ,while they can.

With the current awareness, any discussion about restructure will not be casual, and will not be by shallow minded representatives.

However, it's already late for that. Outright disintegration is what is cooking.
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by wirinet(m): 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
Donelli:

Migration does not equate prosperity, else, the fulanis would have been the most prosperous. When you make such comments, one might think the "other regions" are flowing with milk and honey. If so, why are the locals not themselves wealthy? And why does the issue of Easterners dominating their hosts come up? Cos one can only dominate who s/he is greater than. How do you reconcile these two accusations in one breath
Maybe you can help me understand better.

What you wrote up there makes no sense at all. Fulanis migrate because they are nomads, they are cattle herder's and their original home is no longer appropriate for grazing cows. This is because the Sahara has been moving south since the last millennium, so naturally the Fulanis have been moving southwards following river courses. Obviously Fulanis realised they cannot be prosperous in their original home.

So if you say igbos were very prosperous in their homes, why the need to migrate all over Nigeria, and currently all over the world in droves? Prosperous people prosper in their homes. It's hard to find Japanese, Norwegians, Saudis migrating all over the world looking for prosperity. The few you find in the US and UK are usually there for educational purposes. Trump is even asking for immigrants from Norway instead of "shithole countries".

Great kingdoms they were, truly. Yet it doesn't take away the fact that other unsung kingdoms, empires, kindreds, and what have you, also hold their own. It's just like saying, if the Songhai empire was so great, why wasn't it greater than the Roman empire. These are unnecessary comparisons.

We are not comparing greatness of empires, what I am saying if the igbos had a great empire, how come history had no record of it. No records of its kings, it's cities, it's literature, it's architecture, it's military conquests, nothing.
We have had many great empires starting from sumeria, mesopotamia, Babylonia, Egypt, Persia, Greek, Roman, ottoman, British and lots of others.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Donelli: 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
wirinet:

What you wrote up there makes no sense at all. Fulanis migrate because they are nomads, they are cattle herder's and their original home is no longer appropriate for grazing cows. This is because the Sahara has been moving south since the last millennium, so naturally the Fulanis have been moving southwards following river courses. Obviously Fulanis realised they cannot be prosperous in their original home.

So if you say igbos were very prosperous in their homes, why the need to migrate all over Nigeria, and currently all over the world in droves? Prosperous people prosper in their homes. It's hard to find Japanese, Norwegians, Saudis migrating all over the world looking for prosperity. The few you find in the US and UK are usually there for educational purposes. Trump is even asking for immigrants from Norway instead of "shithole countries".

We are not comparing greatness of empires, what I am saying if the igbos had a great empire, how come history had no record of it. No records of its kings, it's cities, it's literature, it's architecture, it's military conquests, nothing.
We have had many great empires starting from sumeria, mesopotamia, Babylonia, Egypt, Persia, Greek, Roman, ottoman, British and lots of others.
There's no record showing you have sense. Should I now assume you don't have sense at all or blame you for not keeping the records?

Sometimes you guys make statements, thinking you're smart but only end up proving your shallowness. Your country nigeria that stopped the teaching of history in schools, which a lot of data is being lost with time, does it now mean one should conclude certain things never existed JUST BECAUSE the records are not kept.

Furthermore, migration is a natural phenomenon that happens for various reasons among different individuals. And unless you're typing from the comfort(?) of your home village, that makes you an hypocrite.
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by adekolaelect(m): 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
Donelli:

I'm glad we can agree on some things. From your comments, I'll like you to shed more light on one or two points you raised. Let's take it step by step instead of a fruitless argument. I hope you will indulge me.

1. We talk about enabling environment [for ease of doing business...]. I am of the opinion that everyone has their own needs in terms of what they require in an enabling environment. So what do you think are the top 5 things that will make the most impact for an enabling environment?

2. How can one gauge the human development index of a people?

3. In terms of security, do you think the general situation in the East warrant the level of military presence witnessed in recent years, compared to shortage of military manpower in the war ravaged areas up north? And why.

4. "The region is not good in accommodating other regions and religions"..
Is this your personal experience, or just repeating unproven hearsay?

5. On the issue of migration and neglect, have you even been to the East in the last 5 years?
( 1)security of lives and property ,peaceful coexistent of the regions and infrastructures. All this can attract The investors but the region is not up to due to the bandits ,low infrastructures roads and others ,The water,Air and land pollution is still another treat to the investors. lastly Morals of citizens and government is another critical aspect to consider towards investment in any region. 2 The human development can be gauge inter of :low unemployment of the citizens,low level of criminality among youth and olds,New innovations and ideas that is beneficial to states and citizens .3 Though government in power play one side roles intern of deployment of security personnel to the region but the fat is still there that the region is still full of different kind of bandits groups.they call it on themselves due to lack of proactive measure but they like making too much noise where there is none .If you failed to tidy your House, A strangers will tidy it the way you may not like it. 4 The hatred between Igbo's and Ahusas .the way Igbo's show hatred to other region who do not buy their ideas Give an answer to your questions.5 I was there more than five years but the way your people infest in other region give signals.
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by wirinet(m): 8:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
Donelli:

There's no record showing you have sense. Should I now assume you don't have sense at all or blame you for not keeping the records?
I have tons of records showing I have sense. I have numerous certificates, I have over 200 pages of nairaland posts, I have tons of Facebook posts.

Oya, tell me where I can find any evidence of a great Biafran kingdom or empire.

Sometimes you guys make statements, thinking you're smart but only end up proving your shallowness. Your country nigeria that stopped the teaching of history in schools, which a lot of data is being lost with time, does it now mean one should conclude certain things never existed JUST BECAUSE the records are not kept.
You do not need history to be taught in schools before you can learn history. We are living in the information age, where any and all information is at your fingertips.
What do you mean a lot of data is lost? Are you saying all data of a Biafran empire is lost?

You are suffering from cognitive dissonance, you accuse our schools of not teaching history, but then assert that the records which the history should be based on are lost or not kept.

Furthermore, migration is a natural phenomenon that happens for various reasons among different individuals. And unless you're typing from the comfort(?) of your home village, that makes you an hypocrite.

People migrate for various reasons, it could be conflict, famine, environmental or economic. So which of the reason is responsible for Igbo mass migration since the beginning of the last century?

I am not typing from the comfort of my village, but at the same time I am not making noise that my village is the most prosperous place in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by Vickho: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2022
LadySwitz:

Lol where did. you get this pics from? These kids look good and well fed
hi ma'am I trust you're doing good?
Please I'd like to reach out to you via mail so we could talk please
Re: Southeast Can't Survive Restructuring Plan... let us be sincere by mbos: 9:51am On Jun 12, 2022
johnmartus:

what a rant from a senseless osu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is Not Village Stream: See A River-like Road In Owerri Metropolis. / Northerners React To Tinubu's Stance On Islam / Picture Of Harmattan Over Enugu, GRA This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.