Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,912 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:13 AM

2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay (3184 Views)

2023: Power Should Rotate To Southern Nigeria – Douye Diri Tells Atiku / Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Racoon(m): 6:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly agreed that power should return to the Southern protectorate at the completion of his second term in 2023.

The chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) Professor Itse Sagay, made this known in an interview with Sun Newspapers.

Mr Sagay stated this while reacting to the resolution of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) led by Professor Ango Abdullahi, that the Northern protectorate will retain power at the expiration of the president’s tenure.

The NEF is not the only group clamouring for power to remain in the North, Arewa Youths Consultative Forum (AYCF) has advised political parties to ensure they field candidates of Northern extraction in the next presidential election or regret not doing so after the 2023 exercise.

The governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-rufai, appears to be in opposition to the decision of the NEF and the AYCF, fuelling speculations of him nursing the political ambition to succeed vice president, Yemi Osinbajo, in office.

The PACAC chairman in his reaction said the decision of the North to retain power is dangerous and this may cause uncontrollable chaos in the country if the gentleman agreement of rotating power between North and South is breached.

“This is their mentality, and this group of elders is there in the North, and they are arrogant and totally cocooned in their self worship of their power and authority and so on,” Mr Sagay said.

“They don’t care what happens to this country. It is a very dangerous proposition to say that presidency will not come to the South after eight years of it being in the North.

“This country has always had this North-South problem; we call it the national question, which has so many aspects. This is one of them. There is already a gentle man’s agreement that for now, there should be rotation between North and South. In fact, it was the North that was vehement about that when Obasanjo was in power and that has now been instituted by practice, and if any man tries to break it now, it can have consequences that could be uncontrollable.

“I don’t want these Northern elders to think that they are so powerful that others will just stay pensive and submissive and they will now break this understanding for harmonious relationship of peoples of this country. Luckily, as far as I know they don’t have support in the population. My impression of them is that they are isolated and in their arrogance they have cut themselves off from the population.

“As long as the real leaders, people that are winning elections like El-Rufai, President Buhari, stick to that agreement, there is nothing the so called Northern elders can make any difference to what the country has accepted,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/todaypoliticsng.com/2023-presidency-buhari-has-agreed-power-should-return-to-south-sagay/%3famp

1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 29, 2020
Simply put...

Buhari has agreed that Fayemi or Osinbajo should get the ticket with Elrufai as president.

While Fayemi or Osinbajo will be figure head if they win, Elrufai will be the de facto president.

Surrounded by the Fulani cabals, if the figurehead dares do anyhow, it will be cut off.

The underlying factor is the Fulani Agenda. The don't want it truncated anymore.

Of course, Elrufai will take over after the southern pseudo-presidency.

This people have finished playing pim-pom with our future.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by hisexcellency34: 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
How I wish Buhari can handover to Professor Sagay

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
Presidency should go to South East otherwise North East will have it on platter of gold.

APC Northern elders and youths understand that without strong support of SW by the south, they will eventually submit power to PDP who will be presenting a Northerner from NE...

NE, SE, SS, ME and even core NW will vote for the Northerner, this is the political reality...

APC should sit and find a noble person from SE and solve this puzzle once and for all..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Nbote(m): 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
2023 go shock some ppl.. No one shld let d north or dis govt deceive dem

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by kestolove95(m): 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
Buhari don't hv the power to tell us Wia power should return too, we citizens will vote a credible leader come 2023, the mistake of 2015 nd 2019 will not repeat itself again

13 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by ajebuter(f): 6:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, Buhari', the ' god' that determines our fate has spoken...

Yeah...

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by aolawale025: 6:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
Another gimmick. That's how they keep playing the south

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Racoon(m): 6:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
So the dullard is the one to okay the direction the power balance swings to? Perhaps this loud-mouthed Sagay is talking about a Abba Kyari-led presidency.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by QuotaSystem: 6:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
One must be politically clueless to not have already known this.

Its SS or SW come 2023.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by helinues: 6:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
Best way to go..

It simply means all region in the south are allowed to participate in the primary

Any one can wail till eternity, we dun care

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by chriskosherbal(m): 6:32pm On Feb 29, 2020
I really don't care were it goes I just want a better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by helinues: 6:33pm On Feb 29, 2020
Awol1:
Simply put...

Buhari has agreed that Fayemi or Osinbajo should get the ticket with Elrufai as president.

While Fayemi or Osinbajo will be figure head if they win, Elrufai will be the de facto president.

Surrounded by the Fulani cabals, if the figurehead dares do anyhow, it will be cut off.

The underlying factor is the Fulani Agenda. The don't want it truncated anymore.

Whatever

The bottom line is power is returning to the South. Deal with it

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by helinues: 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
Racoon:
So the dullard is the one to okay the direction the power balance swings to? Perhaps this loud-mouthed Sagay is talking about a Abba Kyari-led presidency.

You would have been dancing skelewu on this thread had been he said the power will remain in the north.

Your antagonize towards SW progress is what made Azikwe to bluntly rejected secession clause in the Constitution thinking he will do that to spite SW not knowing it will hold his people ransom in the future. Here we are with Biafra brouhahah

You guys are stepping on the same shoe by wishing power should remain in North.

Who are the real enemy of South now?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by QuotaSystem: 6:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
Awol1:
Simply put...

You sound geniunely surprised.

Lol.

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

Whatever

The bottom line is power is returning to the South. Deal with it

Deal it as if I wanted it in the North.

You think I care if it comes to Southeast, naaaa.

You guys can swerve with the presidency.

Katsina wey get Buhari, how body be them?

Abeg joor. Comot make I see road.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 29, 2020
QuotaSystem:

You sound geniunely surprised.

And what law did I go against by being surprised?

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by SouthNigerian: 6:43pm On Feb 29, 2020
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by helinues: 6:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
Awol1:

Deal it as if I wanted it in the North.

You think I care if it comes to Southeast, naaaa.

You guys can swerve with the presidency.

Katsina wey get Buhari, how body be them?

Abeg joor. Comot make I see road.

@ bolded was you Pdp online supporters initial wish. Now that the coast is clear, you guys are shifting goal post..

Anyways, all we want for 2023 is credible candidate who can move this stagnant nation forward irrespective of which region the person is from.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

@ bolded was you Pdp online supporters initial wish. Now that the coast is clear, you guys are shifting goal post..

Anyways, all we want for 2023 is credible candidate who can move this stagnant nation forward irrespective of which region the person is from.

So because you saw some PDP online supporters making such argument, therefore every PDP supporter is making the argument?

Or why include me in it?

I want power back to south.

Precisely to Southeast.

And I want Peter Obi to go for us and make this country what it should.

I've been consistent with this.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by helinues: 6:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
Awol1:

So because you saw some PDP online supporters making such argument, therefore every PDP supporter is making the argument?

Or why include me in it?

I want power back to south.

Precisely to Southeast.

And I want Peter Obi to go for us and make this country what it should.

I've been consistent with this.

Whichever way, 2023 presidency is open to all region in the south. SW indicated interest long time ago. Our loyalties lie with Apc and we are contesting under the party.. SE loyalties lie with Pdp.. Very easy for SE to get the party ticket.

SW is ready battle to face any candidate from other region in the south.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by QuotaSystem: 6:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
Awol1:

And what law did I go against by being surprised?

Just rather amused that you were expecting something else.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by 12Monkeys: 6:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
King Buhari decrees it abi

Stupid educated illiterate this Sirgay man is.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

You would have been dancing skelewu on this thread had been he said the power will retain in the north.

Your antagonize towards SW progress is what made Azikwe to bluntly rejected secession clause in the Constitution thinking he will do that to spite SW not knowing it will hold his people ransom in the future. Here we are with Biafra brouhahah

You guys are stepping on the same shoe by wishing power should remain in North.

Who are the real enemy of South now?

Stop using the word "South" when you actually mean "South west"

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by QuotaSystem: 7:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nels55:
Presidency should go to South East otherwise North East will have it on platter of gold.

APC Northern elders and youths understand that without strong support of SW by the south, they will eventually submit power to PDP who will be presenting a Northerner from NE...

NE, SE, SS, ME and even core NW will vote for the Northerner, this is the political reality...

APC should sit and find a noble person from SE and solve this puzzle once and for all..

Any APC member from the SE is free to contest, but he will be weeded out @ the primaries in harvest of what the region has sowed in & against the party.

P.S I am core NW but I am voting for a southerner come 2023 & I'm not alone.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
QuotaSystem:

Just rather amused that you were expecting something else.
Bros stop forming political power broker.You are a political nonentity.

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Racoon(m): 7:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:
You would have been dancing skelewu on this thread had been he said the power will retain in the north.

You guys are stepping on the same shoe by wishing power should remain in North.Who are the real enemy of South now?
Oga shut up.Nigeria problem today is not for any region to hold to central power that have been the bane of our national development otherwise Buhari's home state & region of NW would not become the slaughter ground for armed bandits & terrorists alike as it's today hence another burden to national security.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

Whichever way, 2023 presidency is open to all region in the south. SW indicated interest long time ago. Our loyalties lie with Apc and we are contesting under the party.. SE loyalties lie with Pdp.. Very easy for SE to get the party ticket.

SW is ready battle to face any candidate from other region in the south.
If the SW is contesting then every region should also contest.If we are to go by zoning then there is no reason for the SW to contest.You had your turn under Obasanjo

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by QuotaSystem: 7:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

Bros stop forming political power broker.You are a political nonentity.

Pa Chuks what is "chukking" you this lovely evening?

Do you want to contest under our dear party? We never close border o... wink

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by StreetFight: 7:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
Buhari does not need to agree to power sharing. He has just one vote just like any 18 years old girl or boy. So Professor, stop saying nonsense. The people have agreed to power sharing and Buhari has no influence on this. Next election, Nigerians are voting for a Southerner. If IPOB and Igbos like, they can go and line up behind Atikuchukwu the Cameroonian bisexual again, they would be disgraced and humiliated once again as happened in 2015 and 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by wingmanIII: 7:08pm On Feb 29, 2020
helinues:

Very stupid of the South West. Power must rotate among the southern regions. SW has their chance with OBJ,SS had theirs' with GEJ. Now the SE must produce the president ,any other region clamouring for the presidency in the South is simply greedy and short sighted.

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Has Agreed Power Should Return To South – Sagay by Dareal90s(m): 7:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

If the SW is contesting then every region should also contest.If we are to go by zoning then there is no reason for the SW to contest.You had your turn under Obasanjo
And who is against every region contest? That's what SW want b4 so that can't b a threat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Covid-19: We Can't Stay At Home, Says Lagos Residents / Warri-Based Billionaire Surprises Wife With 2020 Range Rover On Birthday (Pix) / Video: Indigenes Run Into Hiding As Unknown Gunmen Storm Owerri, Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.