Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,980 members, 7,899,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 01:14 PM

NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” (48058 Views)

Reps Approve Bill To Create State Police, Security Outfits / NATFORCE: Babagana Monguno Orders Dismantling Of Illegal Security Outfits / South-South Governors To Establish Regional Security Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by okefrancis: 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
Danzakidakura:
When they want to destabilize the south they will always have a willing tools from our mist and they will quote the constitution the same north don't obey the constitution and will always walk as a united north. But south must be individual states .
Everyone obeys the constitution irrespective of the state or territory
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Zeesugar(f): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
Danzakidakura:
When they want to destabilize the south they will always have a willing tools from our mist and they will quote the constitution the same north don't obey the constitution and will always walk as a united north. But south must be individual states .

I don't agree with on this the fact that the North don't follow the Constitution according to you doesn't mean others should not
It pays to always do things the right way
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by MrSquint: 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
THIS RUGA BETTER BE ONLY WITHIN THE NORTHERN DRY REGION. TAKE IT TO OTHER REGIONS AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

How did we get to this point ?
So someone's personal business is now a national issue ? So the fulanis are the most important Nigerians now ?
My ancestral land that I have plans for, a total stranger from the north will come and get it for his cows right ? Ok we dey wait.

When we asked for visionary, civilised, educated, motivational, brilliant, young, articulate, innovative and vibrant technocrats as our leader, you people said NO, cow meat is very important, after all "a naira will soon be equal to one dollar, nobody in his kitchen cabinet will go abroad for medical treatment, their children will all attend schools here, haba fuel price will be stabilized, una talk this and talk that. Now howfar ?"
We end up as POVERTY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.

What a shame!

Just see wetin una votes don bring upon our land "DISASTER"
It's so heart breaking to know that a Yoruba man chaired the NEC meeting.
UNA NEVER SEE ANYTHING

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Jack500: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
Awol1:
NEC chaired by Yemi Osinbajo rules out regional security (Amotekun).

But southwest think they won power in 2015 and 2019.

Now they are powerless with power.

Pathetic.

No be by rushing to vote, choose who you are voting wisely.

That's where Igbos stand tall. We don't do bad business.

I heard Ekiti and Osun already donated land for RUGA.

Lol.

The only thing u do with ur life is to blame Yoruba for ur misfortunes, if u don't mention or wail about Yoruba or SW in a day, it seem u cant succeed.

Don't worry, ur tears just started.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Jhayphil: 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
See guys, the FG and state governments agreed on NLTP as a ranching option whereby states will determine the implementation methods. The FG provide 80% funding and states will provide 20% funding. NLTP isn't RUGA! Please, let's know that.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Neoteny(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
mastermaestro:

Delete this nonsense!

Go away
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Neoteny(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
Yankee101:

Not everyone wants a divided country, even in Igbo land

That's the problem

So what was your initial point?
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by cystation: 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
I write this with a heavy heart, where's this country headed...so establishment of regional security outfits is against the Constitution but establishment of RUGA is not.?

What is actually wrong with our leaders...

If at all Umahi made these statements I just read...

How on Earth do u ever consider RUGA as a solution to security challenges in the country...

This is the worst approach I could ever think of...

I guess we don't really understand the intentions behind RUGA establishment...

Just NOTE it today...whoever authorises RUGA in it's territory...IS INDIRECTLY DIGGING ITS GRAVE...

Mark my words!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
So RUGA is more important than people's life. God help our state of mind

1 Like

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by AnnChristabel: 2:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Psalmy2cute:
no source??
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by qtx(m): 2:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
These fulanis have given this ebonyi man something to swallow which has turned his brain upsidedown. He will not realise all these things he is doing right now, and we will not accept any apologies after you must have condescended just to keep your office and not be probed then later at your old age you start asking for apologies, we won't take it. Do you have female children? Be ready to see them in hijab and your son's with little round caps balanced at the back of head. I know you understand what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Tflesk: 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
Awol1:
NEC chaired by Yemi Osinbajo rules out regional security (Amotekun).

But southwest think they won power in 2015 and 2019.

Now they are powerless with power.

Pathetic.

No be by rushing to vote, choose who you are voting wisely.

That's where Igbos stand tall. We don't do bad business.

I heard Ekiti and Osun already donated land for RUGA.

Lol.
HAHAHA cheesy imagine using their son osinbanjo as weapon to destroy their amotekun

2 Likes

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by captianfreeman(m): 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2020
THE STATES ARE AT LIBERTY TO MAKE THEIR OWN SECURITY ARRANGEMENT.

I stopped reading at the above point. Amotekun is covered.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by freddolala: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
No issue, just say u have been against it from on set. I cant imagine ur type, u'll say security no dey naija, region go form security for themsemselves u go dey beef, y not ask ur region to do same instead of buying beer unto another man problem. besides, R U AN AFONJA as the Biafrans call us.
NB I am a PROUD one for tyhat matter so bros abeg stop dey use paracetamol for my case. Thank u
Mightymanna:
Amotekun and co are dead

It has finish the Hausa-Fulani Masters have Spoken
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Lawgod247: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
fairfora:
Yes, the federal law may not be in support that but state laws do. There are hisbah in the northern states, supported by their respective states and hisbah is the uniform name given them, just like amotekun. Amotekun is a security outfit set up by all the states in the SW. Because all the states are giving it a similar amotekun name doesn't make it regional because each state would fund their own outfit. But if there's crises in the neighbouring state, they can complement each other's efforts.

Hisbah in my opinion, qualifies as a vigilante. Albeit they cover a good number of states up North, but they don't have a central command coordinating their operation, unlike the structure the Amotekun is seeking to operate. The problem is not in the harmony of the name across the south-western states, rather, the notion of a central command.

The NP is under the exclusive legislative list, hence, can only be administered by an Act. State laws are subordinate to it.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Joyce95: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
We should have know differentiate between RUGA and NLTP.

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
Jack500:

The only thing u do with ur life is to blame Yoruba for ur misfortunes, if u don't mention or wail about Yoruba or SW in a day, it seem u cant succeed.

Don't worry, ur tears just started.

Are you sure it's my tears that just started?

Cause everything is pointing to the fact that it is yours that is just starting.

The last I checked it's not my region that was marching for Amotekun.

1 Like

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
Tflesk:

HAHAHA cheesy imagine using their son osinbanjo as weapon to destroy their amotekun

Lol.

Now they don't know who to blame.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by UnusualJhay(m): 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
blinking001:

I am. Or you think otherwise?

yes
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by blinking001(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
UnusualJhay:

yes
Okay. Lol
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The Yoruba people are not against Ruga as long as it applies only in the north
And meanwhile amotekun is here to stay and indeed has given birth to many vigilante groups who are ready to defend this our land given to us as inheritance through the tribe of judah

Who made you a mouth piece for the Yoruba's.

Always try to personalize your opinions.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Poanan: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
valarmorghulis:
Am also withdrawing my support for Buhari, the man is a big mistake, the man is a puppet waiting for a master that will control him, idiagbon helped him covered a lot of mess, osinbajo did same, from trademoney, Niger delta militant peace deal, 2nd term campaign etc, now that he has nothing to lose, the man is showing is true colour and his new (puppet) master is abba kyari

He doesn't need your support anymore. He can't be a president in more than two tenure.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by afiaschwarzeneg: 4:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
Tofax:
Having noticed that Nigerians concentrated on Conoravirus, Buhari (Abba Kyari) quickly instruct Osinbajo and supported by gov. Umahi to call a NEC meeting and approved RUGA in all 36 states and FCT. hmmmmm.

Your head dey there
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by GGirll: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The Yoruba people are not against Ruga as long as it applies only in the north
And meanwhile amotekun is here to stay and indeed has given birth to many vigilante groups who are ready to defend this our land given to us as inheritance through the tribe of judah

Are you people also claiming is real n Judah as a tribe?
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by GGirll: 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
Jflex07:
Young man your hate for igbos knows no bound oh. if you have your way I'm sure you will kill all igbos in Nigeria

Unfortunately he has always shot himself on d leg Sao baba is showing him n his tribe d real pepper
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by Legendguru: 5:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
Oh
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by GGirll: 5:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
fairfora:
Crap. Amotekun is here already. Umahi's advice is belated. Sorry. Na igbo leaders go kill the dreams of those with futuristic agenda amongst them. I watched a YouTube video last week where a fulani young man was threatening to kill an igbo farmer for complaining that his cows destroyed his crops. He said he would kill him telling him that thunder paya ( as in fire) yah papa and mama...in igboland when FUGA was not yet in force.

That was an ordinary Igbo man who played d fool to film him what about OLU FALAYE a Yoruba kinsman kidnapped twice n ran some paid with his almighy farm destroyed what do you say about that....keep talking about Igbo that had fought Nigeria i.e. Yoruba n other tribes put together before with world powers support n are ready to fight again. Don't getvready for d last d war fulani is staging for you nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by executive12: 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
You better keep your Fulani settlement, masquerading as Livestock transformation /Ruga, away from the Southeast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by executive12: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
coolcharm:
This has got to be a joke right?.

Before I go osun mountain top go charter thunder.

The Ruga is only for the States that accept it.
Re: NEC Rules Out Regional Security Outfits, Set To Implement “RUGA” by mamaafrik(m): 5:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
okefrancis:

How do you mean by use and dump even the northerns see that VP osinbajo is capable to do it
capable to do what,did you read the topic abd it's contents fully,go and re-read,you sound lost .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Emir Sanusi And Osinbajo In A Closed-Door Meeting (Photos) / Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.